1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What to do if your people are charmed?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by kinslayer01, Apr 11, 2002.

1. kinslayer01 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i use spells to recharm them but i run out...
    is it possible to be immune to charm...:confused:

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Just cast Dispel Magic on them when they're charmed.

There's a few weapons and other items you can wear which makes you immune to charm.

[This message has been edited by Mollusken (edited April 11, 2002).]

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    It is also possible to cast charm on the again, turning them against their first charmer ... ;)

4. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Low level option: hold person,dispel magic

High level option: Otiluke's Resilient Sphere,chaotic commands

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Any level response ... run like heck from them so they can't hurt you.

I also use chromatic orb to stun them, or prismatic spray.

6. yappie! Guest

Use the first level Cleric spell Entangle to hold 'em in place. Or just run.

7. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

And if you're in a confined space and can't run, get your best AC character to distract them. I did that a number of times, the only problem being I had to turn of AI or keep telling my tin-can not to attack back.

8. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] It's always fun when the bow-equipped ranger starts attacking the mage, who of course has almost no hit points left :).

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Or you could just be a mate and run away?

10. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

If you're afraid of running out of charm spells to re-charm them, just get a couple of cloaks of charming, it'll take a long time to run out of those ;). If re-charming them doesn't work, then, like most of the people above suggested, run away from your "friends," but don't get too far, when that charm wears off they're gonna need you.

11. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I normally try to dispell the charm and if that fails run like crazy... rather unoriginal but it works.... unless the charmed person is wearing a certan set of boots.

12. Ubull Ravenhorn Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Kill'em for goooooood! Arrrgh!
    :D

[Another spam post like this and you'll be 50 posts shorter.] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited May 25, 2002).]

13. Grim Reaper Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Or you could just de-equip weapons and knock them out - or bite them if your fighter is called Tyson !!

14. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Yeah, that works on the mages, but you have to be careful when using fists if the charmed person is your main fighter swinging the hackmaster +12.

15. Valer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I am soloing with an elven F/M/T from the beginig to the ToB, and i was suprised that my enemies still trying charm me. In case of a solo character it's pointles. I can't attack and they don't attack me...for a short time :)

16. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[CHEESE] :sick:

There should be a delay before the charm spell actually "hits" the character and turns him or her against you. In that time, unequip any weapons that they may be carrying, and let them flail and scratch with their fists.

[/CHEESE]

17. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

shoot him with an arrow of dispelling or something. Or run forest, run!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.