1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What to use the eye of Tyr on?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Raith Blacksword, Sep 19, 2001.

1. Raith Blacksword Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i've always used eye of tyr on carsomyr +5 to get it to +6 just for that extra punch to my paladin. should i use it on a different sword?

2. Tiger Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I believe the only other sword you can use it on is the Purifier which is a +4 Paladin only Bastard Sword similar to carsomyr but a bit weaker due to only being 1-handed.

So, I'd suggest using the eye of Tyr on whichever sword your Paladin is most likely to use.

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited September 19, 2001).]

3. Actually, I think there are several swords for the Eye of Tyr. I can't name them, but I'm sure it's a lot.

4. Tiger Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

If you figure out what those other swords are let me know as the only 2 I know of are the Purifier and Carsomyr.

5. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Only Purifier and Carsomyr are upgradable by the Eye of Tyr. I just double checked.

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

7. Arek Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

It does a lot more for the Purifier that Carsomyr. Thieves can use any item including paladin only items (seems kinda obscene).

But then again there are more than enough powerful weapons to go around in TOB. So it might be a good idea to focus everything into the most powerful weapons available.

But then on the other hand, other than Carsomyr, Ravager and Ixil's Spike (and maybe the Silver Sword), most of these items are one handed and can be dual wielded.

In the end I ended up upgrading purifier and letting Keldorn use a +5 Carsomyr and Firetooth while my f/t used purifier and foebane. Axe of unyielding and angurvadal for Korgan. Ravager and K'logarath for Sarevok. Flail of ages and crom faeyr for Jaheira (changed her class to r/c). Ixil's Spike and Taralash for Valygar. And staff of the magi (and the magic dart) for Imoen (changed her class to sorceress).

I have a few great weapons that don't see very much action like Celestial Fury, Hindo's Doom, Spectral Brand, the Answerer, Silver Sword, Gram the Sword of Grief, Runehammer and a bunch of staves and ranged weapons.

BTW did anyone else expect the Chaos Sword (Sarevok's old sword) to have special powers in Sarevok's hands?

8. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Yeah I carried it all over Faerun with me to see if it did, but no cigar. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that Sarevok isn't quite his old self anymore ;)

9. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

It really depends on your party makeup. If you plan on using the Holy Avenger all of the time (like I did), then it makes sense to upgrade it. If you have a lot of characters dual wielding (one being a paladin or a "use any item" character), then do the other. That way you will have enough nice weapons to go around.

There are a lot of superb single handed weapons in the game and I don't know how the purifier stacks up.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.