1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What will you do when you see someone in SP merchandise?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by teekc, Nov 23, 2003.

1. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

imagine this, you are walking on the street, and you see someone in SP shirt....

What kind of feeling is this?

i mean, a lot of us know each other for so long but never see each other before, and now someone walk to you with a SP shirt, do you approach this person? (i am sure if the person is of opposite sex you will) Will you just smile to this person? What will you do?

2. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Put a check mark in my Atlas of Doom :lol:

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yell out 'Hey!' then proceed to call out every Australian SPer's nickname until I get it right.

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Take their SP merch.

5. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Walk up and offer the secret S.P. handshake. Er...we do have a secret handshake, don't we?

Maybe I'll just say "hi" and introduce myself.

6. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Hell Aik, theres only 3 of us from Brisbane. And you're one of them. Rastlin and me. And you should know what I look like anyway, I'm in the photo album.

I would probably laugh at the corny statement on the back. It's so nerdy, only someone who plays BG2 would understand it.

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmm, what indeed---- Go to them and hug them spnontaneously, calling out "Brother!/Sister!" (delete inapplicable)....

Nah, just go say Hi I think.

It's such a possibility, after all there's an intense concentration of FInns here... :D

8. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I would tell him that he could find more merchandise in that dark alley and *BLAM*, one less Swede on the boards.

Seriously(and no, I wasn't serious above), I would call him what he is called on the boards, as I know how most of the Swedish regulars here looks in r/l thanks due to the photo-album.

9. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'd rip off that shirt and keep it for myself!

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Depends on gender ;)

Oh well, but seriously, the first thing would be to try to guess who it was.

11. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Shout "Nerd!" and run away giggling.

12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Borrow Aldeth's Mallet O' Thinking, whack him/her (the person in the street, not Aldeth) over the head with it, and scream "You're wearing that in public?" :p :grin:

Edit: for the record, I think the shoppe is a great idea, but given my age, a shirt is just not for me. ;)

[ November 23, 2003, 19:04: Message edited by: Splunge ]

13. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

ROFLMAO!

I'd toss them a $100 bill and tell them to buy another shirt.

Seriously, nobody here is anywhere close to me, so none of the above is ever going to happen.

14. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

I'd pretend that I didn't notice the shirt and walk up to them and say,

"Duuuude, do you like know any like decent websites for like Baldurs Gate?"

15. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] H.S. - that would only work in California. In Canada, you'd have to say "Hoser, eh, do you know any decent websites for Baldur's Gate, eh?" :xx:

16. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

People do get around frequently nowadays, it is a small world after all. i wouldn't be surprise to find an SP merchandise in one of my victims during my head hunting vacation with the natives in the Amazon.

It's just this kind of weird feeling, you know, "i killed an SP-er", no, i mean... you get the idea, don't you?

Is there a "wear the sp shirt day" or something?

17. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

"Wear an SP shirt" day is celebrated concurrent to "Talk Like a Pirate" day. It just seems that talk like a pirate has gone over so much better than talk like an adventurer. People would much rather say "ARRR!" than "Aye, missy, that be me broadsword".

18. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I'd probably walk right by, then hours later think "Hay! That was an SP shirt!"

19. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Kick them.

Hard.

In the hindquarters.

Then buy them a beer.

20. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

LOL @ Splunge. I seriously just laughed loud enough to wake up my roommate. :-D

p.s. Wear a SP shirt day is everyday. Hum, better go buy myself lotsa shirts!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.