1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's the best weapon in IWD2? Where to get it?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Esquire, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Esquire Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] NOT in HOF mode
    I got mine in the Battle Square Stage 10, Short Sword +5. Hope to find more of these because the game get tougher and tougher....
    Any tips where to get good weapons?

2. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The best weapons, aside from the holy avenger for the paladin, can be found in the Severed Hand. I found 4 or 5 Greatswords of the Soulless +5 which certain Death Knights of Xvim carry. These things are freakin cool and if you don't want them then you can sell these for about 50,000 gold in Targos if you start a new game with your characters. Also, the Avatar of Xvim carries a +3 scimitar of the soulless which does electric damage and has a variety of other effects when it hits. One of the other bosses has a Hammer +3 called Masher I think, it is pretty cool. Plus that guy had Mithril Field Plate +2!!!

I got as a random drop, can't remember where but I think it was in Dragons Eye or the Hand, a Comp. Short bow +2 of Insight that increased knowledge arcana and alchemy (I think). Saablic Tan has a dagger +3 (can only be used by neutral or evil characters) that adds to intelligence and does some other damage when it hits.

The Ice Spear you get in BattleSquares is also pretty cool, makes for a great weapon if you have someone who uses polearms.

You can buy +3 or +4 weapons in Kuldahar, and some characters in the Hand carry +5 weapons (mainly daggers). Riki, a merchant in the hand, sells +4 and +5 arrows and bolts and some other items like bows and crossbows.

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I got a poisoned dagger +2 as a random drop in the Warrens in Chapter 1!!! That dualed with the sure striking shortsword I bought from Arte outside the orc camp has made my rogue deadly at sneak attacks!!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.