1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's the weather like in your part of the world?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Morkai, Jul 18, 2002.

1. Morkai Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

What are the weather conditions like in your part of the world? Are the conditions dry, wet, normal. 'cause in my part of the world all month we've had about 1.5mm of rain all month.

2. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    In my small part of the world, Québec province, to be more specific, it is hot and humid. And I mean *humid*! I played street hockey for a couple of hours today, and I had to change clothes, they were too wet!
    We do not have a lot of rain. We didn't for a while. The lawn is getting yellow. :(

3. Sirdan Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I live in a dot in the southeastern edge of Europe (aka Greece) In that blessed country the weather's alignment seems to be chaotic neutral. However, there are some predictable things.
    • Here in summer is HOT.
    • Here whenever it rains we get drown (thank god it doesn't rain a lot)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
  4. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I live in a suburb of Los Angeles, right against the National Forest (though it should be called a National Scrubland) in the foothills -- it is midnight, and still dry and hot. I miss my house in Long Beach where at least the sea breeze was always blowing -- and the beach always beckoning.

One nice thing about Sierra Madre: this year's drought brings animals down from the hills, so I get to watch deer hopping around my yard a couple times a week, and sometimes coyotes. I have seen peregrine falcons, orioles (I swear it!), lots of birds -- even a bald eagle.

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Chicago is Hot & HUMID, which isn't always bad, but isn't always good. ;) :good:

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Our weather on the East Coast has been screwed up so far this year.

Since March, there have only been a few days where we have not seen rain here. The temperature is averaging about 85F every day.

Of course, this is the first year we haven't had a drought in the last five or so.

7. Atreides Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Here in Texas it's hotter than the Nine Hells and it will only get worse not better. When the sun isn't baking everything under its glare we're drowning in the rainstorms that have been more frequent than usual. The weather has been rather odd actually, we usually have very dry summers (fire watch season.)

8. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Atreides, wasn't the 9th plane of Hell (at least in Dante's version) frozen solid?

So much for the whole "When Hell Freezes Over" thing.

:good:
    Now, if we could just get Flying Pigs on the 6th Level, no more cliques would work!

9. When I went to Quebec City a few weeks ago, it rained the first day we got there, and then it was cloudless for the next 3 days.

It sucks here. Cloudless, then thunder storms, and it's always humid and hot.

10. Silverblade Guest

Here in Holland it is OK, I guess. The sun isn't shining, but it ain't could. I could imagine better summer weather, but at least it isn't raining.

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Bloody hot, sun, sun and more sun. Party in school, girls looking at the builders. Nearly fainted in the classroom. A nice change from the rain. The one day I need rain and it has a week of being baked in your bed

12. Deira Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] In here(Im on the space under your chair)it
    is a quite dry. It is never raining here.
    If you get the point.;)

13. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Very hot and humid. When it rains your all ready too hot to feel it.

14. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Half the time its hot, half the time its wet. We're a tropical country in the Pacific rim, and we get visited by an average of two typhoons every year, from July to early November.

:alien:

15. zaknafein Guest

Ha! All you suckers are hot when I'm having winter! Nice clear day (I'm inside for most of it) and average, not to hot, not to cold temperature.

16. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I live in England
    Or
    I live in the Rain

They mean the same thing :grin:

[Edit] 8people yes i do live in the south of england (south-east to be exact) what did you mean? it still rains here but there is sometimes sun as well, so it's not too bad.

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited July 21, 2002).]

17. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You obviously don't live in the South of England then.

Bit windy today, and a butterfly has just flown into my CDrom drive, oh dear

18. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Horrible weather here at the belgian coast. Rain and clouds and sometimes (when I have been a good girl and the weather gods give me a nice little sunray to look at ;) the sun shines through the clouds.

19. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    In Florida, it's hot and humid. I got to drive 2 hours in the rain yesterday. I hate driving in the rain.

I hope you have better luck than I did, 8people. A moth flew into my CD rom (the old kind with the separate disc tray) shorted it, and fried the whole system. Luckily, that computer was so outdated I needed to replace it anyway. But I had never seen scorch marks on a motherboard before then...

20. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    It is now almost midsummer and thankgod it keeps raining and raining.

in case you haven´t noticed: I hate sunny days

:coffee:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.