1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's wrong with my Psionic Blade? *SPOILER*

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Kermit, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Kermit Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Help! I can't get past the Succubi in Watcher's Keep Level 3! I thought the Psionic Blade protected against Charm, but Saverok keeps getting Dire charmed [as does the rest of my party not under chaotic commands]? Any suggestions?

2. Mirkwood Guest

SW2H21 - Psion's Blade +5 (Throne of Bhaal)

Some believe this massive blade to be of Drow origin, though others dispute
    this claim. However, all agree this great sword was fashioned with a single
    purpose... to rid the world of the Illithid. Those who wield the Psion's
    Blade are immune to the Mind Flayer's psionic attacks. The bewildering gaze
    of Umber Hulks, often found serving the Illithid, are similarly rendered
    harmless.

STATISTICS:

Grants immunity to confusion and all Psionic attacks when wielded.

Damage: 1D10 +5
    THAC0: +5 bonus
    Damage type: slashing
    Weight: 9
    Speed Factor: 5
    Proficiency Type: Two Handed sword
    Type: 2-handed
    Requires: 14 Strength
    Not Usable By:
    Druid
    Cleric
    Mage
    Thief

I don't see any immunity to charm in there?

3. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

In situations like those I recommend good ol dispel magic.
    Also having an Inquisitor in your group makes that encounter a piece of cake.

4. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

There are countless ways to protect against charm:

Mages - Spell Immunity (forget what school)
    Cleric/Druid - Chaotic Commands

Items: Lilarcor, Equaliser, Greenstone Amulet, Corthala Family Armor, Shield of Harmony, Helmet of Charm Protection, Spear of the Unicorn, Staff of Magi, Blackrazor, Adjatha the Drinker.

Potions: Magic Shielding, Mind Focusing, Clarity.

5. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Don't worry I assumed the same thing too when I got it, IIRC it shows the "mind shield" icon on your character when they weild it, but just becuase it does so doesn't mean it has to protect from charm. Refer to the items above for help.

6. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Besides Dispel, you could always try to dominate them back. Note they get a chance to save, though. Worked well in SoA.

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    And there is a non-hardware solution to avoid beeing charmed: improve your saving throws:

-You can use potions like: potion of invulnerability iirc (the red & blue one) that give +5 on saving throws [btw - you can usi it several times, the effects add up], potion of insight to set wis to 18 (resulting in +4 on saving throws ;)

-as for hardware: You could give Sarevok the humn flesh leather amor for this fight, giving him further +4 on saving throws. He could wear a standard full plate mail and a ring of protection +2.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.