1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's your favorite weapon?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by All Creation, Aug 20, 2001.

1. All Creation Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] There are so many cool weapons in TOB that really makes the game fun. I remeber TOSC when I was walking around with a crappy +1 long sword.

Now I have a collection of +5 and +6 weapons in my bag of holdings.

My favorite weapon in the +6 Carsomyr Holy Avenger Sword. It is very useful due to the amount of evil creatures you have to fight against.

I also like the Ravenger +6 Vorpal weapon.........

Well I like all weapons that are +4 or better.........

2. mASSIVe Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

those two weapons are me favorites...like the additional damage of the flail of ages...never have to worry about trolls...even those adamantine golems take additional damage...(electrical i think...).

flail of ages +5:
    -----------------
    Equipped Abilities:
    Free Action
    5% bonus to Magic Resistance

Combat Abilities:
    33% chance each hit that target will be slowed (no saving throw)

THACO: +5 bonus
    Damage: 1D6 + 6, +2 Acid Damage, +2 Cold Damage, +2 Fire Damage, +2 Poison Damage, +2 Electrical Damage

ixil's spike +6:
    -----------------
    Equipped Abilities: Permanent Free Action

Combat Abilities: With each successful hit, the opponent must save or be pinned for 3 rounds, taking an additional 1D6+5 damage each round.

THAC0: + 6 bonus
    Damage: 1D6 + 6

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    With my halfling cavalier I liked to use improved foebane, the improved purifier, improved flail of the ages, stormstar & icestar maces (Icesstar has -4 initiative !) and there was a great longsword and a good scimitar as well.
    I also put the SoA veterans Namarra, mace of disruption, Carsomyr, the wave, silversword and flame of the north to good use.

But I really love the stardagger and I am really looking forward to use it on my actual fighter-thief.

4. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

i really like Gram's Sword of Grief - it looks pretty wicked in all its glowing yellow glory

but... favourite melee weapon is flail of ages

favourite ranged weapon - gesen bow

5. Sparhawk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I'd probably have to say Crom Faeyr, especially if you dual wield it with Flail of Ages +5. You get strength 25 plus the flail does extra elemental damage.

6. Elendil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I liked Lilacor, the sentinent sword, with his commments ("listen, beefy, I may be an iteligent sword, but I've had no formal edumication"). It's too bad they the designers didn't make an option to upgrade it in ToB. And they also removed the "ask thy sword for some advice" ability. It was very good, but I had to ditch him for some +5 weapon...

7. I don't remember any option that allows you to get advice from that sword.

My fave weapons are: Carsomyr, Ravager, Staff of the Ram, Hindo's Doom, Darkfire Bow and Icestar.

8. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I found two Stardaggers due to some bug, so I'm thinking of letting Valygar dual-wield them, once I find some more sapphires. But the best weapons I've found so far are Ixil's Spike, Ravager and Axe of Unyielding. A pity that none of my party members use spear, halberd or axe.

9. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The Ravager would definitely be one of my favorites.. Those Vorpal hits saved my hide against those irritating Mariliths when fighting the Demogorgon.
    Shadow_Goddess: If you right click on Lilarcor you will have the option to "Converse" with him. When you return to play mode you will initiate a conversation with him that starts out something like "What advice do you have for me Oh sentient sword" than he starts rambling about "Since when do you care about what I think unless I'm impailed in somethings guts" or something to that effect

[This message has been edited by Xenecor (edited August 22, 2001).]

10. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31

i like shortsword of the mask with mazzy's sword on my off hand (use any item)

11. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Foe Bane +5 & Flail of Ages +5

12. Immoral Gems: 4/31

For my MC, Halfling, F/T, Penumbriis, I'd have to say, Staff of the ram.

For my DC, Kensai/Mage, Anarath, I'll go with the Staff of the magi and Axe of unyielding. (not at the same time)

And for my MC, Ranger/Cleric, Uther Pendragon (spot the reference and win a cookie), the Flail Of Ages and Runehammer.

--------
    Immoral

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.