1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where Arth thou, oh Celestial Fury!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Grandalf the Green Sorcerer, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Grandalf the Green Sorcerer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Since im diseased by this thing called amnesia, and ive totally forgotten where to obrtain this blade.
    I tried the Search but couldn't find any related topics (odd), so here I am posting this, and wondering could anyone help me pin point the location?

2. Sir Phaapylon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Veteran

If I remember correctly this was the +3 "Katana" ? Right ?

Slave Lords then, far upper-right corner in the Temple district, upper floor. The door is quite hard to find though.

Is there any quest or notion about this plave ? It seems unrelated to the slave quests with Hendak.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sir Phaapylon's location is right; it's called Guarded Compound. There is no related quest; you just stumble upon it by searching the various buildings.

Strange that you couldn't find the answer doing a search; are you sure you were searching the right forums? (SoA or ToB)

4. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I think it's linked with the Nalia quests.

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler

If you have her in the party and follow with her story, she'll get arrested and you need to find evidence of her innocence. Following this story line you will get clues about the location of the slaver Lords. After you've regained Nalia you can visit the guarded compound in the temple area (north from the order of the most radiant hart, with the entrance under the roof near the sewer entrance) and she'll comment on it when entering. When fighting these lords one of them drops a Rogue stone (I think it's either the Kensai wielding CF or the assasin) with a message about the Twisted Rune in the bridge district. Tada! A real reason to go to that location with a rogue stone!

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    @ Thunder - I think your game is modded. My recollection is that there was the intent to link the various slaver quests, but it was never implemented in the original game. One of the Weimer mods put that rogue stone into place.

6. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

woops! :S Could have been the case, I've played BG so much I really don't know if I played it with a mod or not!

7. Grandalf the Green Sorcerer Gems: 5/31

I tried Celestial Fury or Celestial on SoA Forums, no answers (or I had a Typo four times=), But thanks anyways for your help

8. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

You probably couldn't find it in a search because its frequently abbreviated CF. ;)

The Unfinished Business mod is researching the whole Twisted Rune/Guarded Compond/Isaea Roenall/Slaver connections and trying to restore the quest to its originally intended form. There's so little actual info from Bioware and so much speculation about the Rune it's hard to put together a plausible connection.

9. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Sir Phaapylon is right. The door is hard to get into!

This was like one of the last spots I went to into in Chapter 2 because I always thought I needed a special key or something, because for the longest time I couldn't find the door!

To get the door, you have to place your mouse like DEEP into the dome in the center of the building. Then a prompt will occur that lets you know you can walk in!

Had I gotten there earlier, I coulda given one of my dudes a Katana weapon proficiency! CF is a dope sword! But I'm satisfied with my pally's Carsomyr and DayBlade, and Minsc's Flame of the North and Lilarcor (It's almost unbeleivable that that sword is so cool that midway through Chapter 6, Minsc is still using it!).

10. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

SPOILER
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    Celestial Fury needs to be pried out of the hands of a fellow called Koshi, one of the Slave Lords, housed in the "Guarded Compound" in the Temple District. The compound is across the bridge from the Temple Of Lathander and just behind the Order Of The Radiant Heart. Move your mouse around to find the door as it's not visible from the street.

Inside you'll be warned off by two of the Slave Lords. Ignore them. On the ground floor is an unavoidable trap which summons some toughish creatures, notably an Efreeti, and gates in a Glabrezu demon. A timely death spell / death fog will dispose of the summoned creatures and the demon shouldn't be too hard for your whole party to take down.

Now cast resist fear, true sight, invisibility 10' radius and head up the stairs. When you get to the top, stop. The first floor is covered in really lethal traps. Start the fight with a web spell to hinder their movements - it makes things much easier. Follow up with insect plague, cloudkill, confusion, etc. Warrior classes should be pumping arrows into held opponents. Only switch to melee weapons when one of the slavers closes in. Let them come to you, becuase of the traps (not to mention web, cloudkill and so forth). Priorities are Sion, a high level mage, Ketta, a very nasty backstabbing thief and of course, Koshi - you don't want to get hit too many times with Celestial Fury. When the fight's over turn on detect traps. If you only have Nalia, you may want to take Jan Jansen into your party temorarily since he's good enough to remove most of the traps and she isn't. Loot the place and hope you've got enough room in your backpacks to hold everything.

Now, I always take out the Slave Lords because Celestial Fury is the best weapon in SOA bar none (and better than most in TOB too) but it always feels kinda cheesy. The plot elements leading you to them have been removed (as well as the ones connecting the Slave Lords with The Twisted Rune) so that it now feels like you're just breaking into someone's house and murdering them. You do not have any good reason to be there. Sure there's a hint if you've done Nalia's quest but nothing to actually lead you there.

11. Buck Naked Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I've always just been annoyed by the idea of having to randomly break into locked houses (in both BG games) in order to get quests, especially when you're supposed to be the good guys. LOL

12. Ivellos the Bladesinger Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] Celestial Fury:
    1.Go to the Temple District
    2.Follow the path right until you see a bluish building(check the map,its called Slaver Compound)
    3.maybe put on a couple protection spells
    4.go inside and a wizard tells you to leave(IIRC)
    5.follow up to a staircase and you fight a couple conjured creatures including demons and a pit fiend
    6.go upstairs and you see a bunch of slavers
    7.they start babbling some junk and then attack you
    8.there will be a theif-like man named Koshi wwielding a glowing blade
    9.if you kill him, you should find the katana Celestial Fury on him

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.