1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where did that test go?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Rolsuk Fryulee, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

2. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

An alignment test you say? Could it have been moved to the D&D section?

4. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Hey, it ended up I am a Chaotic Good Human Fighter Ranger, Follower Of Tymora.
    And that's exactly what I ALWAYS play!! (And someway waht I feel I am too... :D :p :D )

5. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Hmm - Lawful Good Half-Orc Fighter/Paladin of Tyr?

I don't think so...

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Lawful Good Human Paladin Ranger
    Follower Of Tyr

When I looked down there, it was

human 3
    half-elf 2
    elf 1

which was correct: some elven traits, but still of human race.

I must say they're pretty correct. I assume there's no other LG deity on the list and that's why I got Tyr. Normally I would never play a Tyrian, ever. There's no FR deity my paladin would fit, maybe apart from Mystra or Lathander - although still to some degree. Mystra is good as a sort of saint, but not as the focal deity. Lathander is closer to that, but still sucks at wisdom and evaluation of actions and consequences, somehow. And likes wealth too much.

I apparently need an Arthurian setting with the God I'm used to...

About that ranger part... you know that I many a time thought about getting a pally/ranger in 3E and even in 2E, to some extent available? It somehow fits me, the ranger... Not that I'll ever have 14 CON (but I probably have the lowest DEX required).

In IWD2 I have a pally/wizard and also think about a paladin with some ranger levels, also possibly fighter or even rogue ones.

Edit: http://twinrose.net/dandchar.php contains a test based on this one. It's actually the only test so far to have called me 1) Chaotic Good 2) Elven and well - fighter (first time through 20 fighter, 19 paladin, 10 cleric). Perhaps it found out my alter ego :D

[ July 01, 2003, 22:25: Message edited by: chevalier ]

7. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

True Neutral Elf Mage Bard
    Follower Of Azuth

Alignment:
    True Neutral characters are very rare. They believe that balance is the most important thing, and will not side with any other force. They will do whatever is necessary to preserve that balance, even if it means switching allegiances suddenly.

Race:
    Elves are the eldest of all races, although they are generally a bit smaller than humans. They are generally well-cultured, artistic, easy-going, and because of their long lives, unconcerned with day-to-day activities that other races frequently concern themselves with. Elves are, effectively, immortal, although they can be killed. After a thousand years or so, they simply pass on to the next plane of existance.

Primary Class:
    Mages harness the magical energies for their own use. Spells, spell books, and long hours in the library are their loves. While often not physically strong, their mental talents can make up for this.

Secondary Class:
    Bards are the entertainers. They sing, dance, and play instruments to make other people happy, and, frequently, make money. They also tend to dabble in magic a bit.

Deity:
    Azuth is the Lawful Neutral god of wizards and mages. He is also known as the High One, and is the Patron of Wizards. His followers believe that a systematic approach to magic is the best, and they strive for calm and caution in order to avoid accidents. They wear shimmering robes, and are well-versed in magic, as well as typical priest spells. Azuth's symbol is a hand with a raised, glowing index finger.

Elf (5)
    Gnome (3)
    Human (2)
    Half-Elf (1)

Gnome??? Magic user???
    I have to think my life again.

8. Demogorog Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Lawful evil human fighter/mage

Exactly the same resault as when I did it some months ago.

Guess I am lawful evil. It fits in pretty. :cool:

9. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@chevalier: hey, on your alternative test I am a true neutral half/elf bard, which surely is my alter ego! (I somehow believe in balance, I'm an halfcast and I love playing an singing!)

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Aragorn II: Ah well, maybe someday someone will bother to make a character sheet for me... a doctor maybe? :lol: :shake:

11. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    LG Gnome Mage Thief - Wow, at 6'1" I'm awfully tall for a gnome.

12. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Anyone that knows where I can find that "Real stats" test?

13. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

14. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I'm a Chaotic Good Elf Ranger Druid
    Follower Of Solonor Thelandria

Alignment:
    Chaotic Good characters are independent types with a strong belief in the value of goodness. They have little use for governments and other forces of order, and will generally do their own things, without heed to such groups.

Race:
    Elves are the eldest of all races, although they are generally a bit smaller than humans. They are generally well-cultured, artistic, easy-going, and because of their long lives, unconcerned with day-to-day activities that other races frequently concern themselves with. Elves are, effectively, immortal, although they can be killed. After a thousand years or so, they simply pass on to the next plane of existance.

Primary Class:
    Rangers are the defenders of nature and the elements. They are in tune with the Earth, and work to keep it safe and healthy.

Secondary Class:
    Druids are a special variety of Cleric who serves the Earth, and can call upon the power in the earth to accomplish their goals. They tend to be somewhat fanatical about defending natural settings.

Deity:
    Solonor Thelandria is the Chaotic Good elven god of archery and the hunt. He is also known as the Keen Eye, the Great Archer, and the Forest Hunter. His followers respect nature, and only hunt when needed, but are quick to defend the forest from intruders. Their favorite weapon is the bow, and they tend to be extremely talented with it. Solonor Thelandria's symbol is an arrow with green fletchings

Just what I'd alway thought my self as being. Hehehe.

And the other test it a load of rubbish. It says I'm a halfling fighter and lawful good. :rolleyes:

15. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

The stat-test doesn't work :mad: :mad: :mad:

16. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Hmmm. Does not conform with D&D 3rd edition rules...
    Chaotic Evil Human Fighter/Monk

Alignment:
    Chaotic Evil characters are the most 'evil' people out there. They are willing to do anything to get ahead, and will kill anyone who stands in their way. A chaotic evil person sees no value in order and governments, and believes to the utmost in the tenant that 'Might Makes Right'.

Race:
    Humans are the 'average' race. They have the shortest life spans, and because of this, they tend to avoid the racial prejudices that other races are known for. They are also very curious and tend to live 'for the moment'.

Primary Class:
    Fighters are the warriors. They use weapons to accomplish their goals. This isn't to say that they aren't intelligent, but that they do, in fact, believe that violence is frequently the answer.

Secondary Class:
    Monks are strange and generally not understood by the world at large. They live apart from people, and follow strict codes that restrain their behavior and lifestyle. They have an exceptionally calm outlook on life, and generally do not resort to violence unless absolutely necessary. Even when they do, their code of conduct forbids the use of all weapons - except their hands. As such, monks are extremely skilled at hand-to-hand combat, and no other style.

Deity:
    Talos is the Chaotic Evil god of storms, forest fires, earthquakes, tornadoes, and destruction in general. He is also known as the Destroyer. His followers fear him more than worship him, and they revel in the destructive fury of nature - while praying to be spared from its wrath. Talos's symbol is three lightning bolts, of different colors, coming from a central point.

17. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Lawful Evil Half-Orc Monk Ranger

Alignment:
    Lawful Evil characters believe that a nice, orderly system of life is perfect for them to abuse for their own advancement. They will work within 'the system' to get the best that they can for themselves.

Race:
    Half-Orcs are often brutish and mean creatures, unaccepted by both thier heritages. They are little better than orcs. But some can be clever and successful in the society of adventurers

Primary Class:
    Monks dedicate themselves to persoanl perfection throughmeditating and study. They distill the essence of thier selves into powerful abilities and feats. They are spiritual without holding to a diety and have faith in the order of things.

Secondary Class:
    Rangers are the defenders of nature and the elements. They are in tune with the Earth, and work to keep it safe and healthy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  18. Rotku

@Shura

Doesn't this contradict its self?

19. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] I dunno, man. I copied it from the test results.

You can't be a monk with a chaotic alignment either. Looks like this test needs finetuning still. :confused:

20. Rotku

Hehehe, strange test. You're right, it does need some fine tunning.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.