1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where is the Nether scroll?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Icecold39, May 6, 2001.

1. Icecold39 Banned

[​IMG]
    I have an evil party and we did that quest with that man buried in the ground alive in the grave yard district. we went to the bridge district and killed that man in all red. than we went inside that house and killed everybody there to. then we went upstairs and we saw that nible women. instead of leting her go we said we were going to collect her ransom at the copper cornet. the man gave us the ransom but it wasn't gold he gave us something called PANTALOONS. they look like pants what do i do with them.

I have Edwin in my group and when i went to the graveyard district and he said theirs a nether scroll somewhere in the graveyard district. What is it and where is it

2. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] the pantaloons is an easteregg,
    remeber the golden pantaloons from bg1?
    check the baldurdash site, havent got the url
    though.

3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Ha I got those pantaloons too. I thought it funny enough so I hung onto them. Never found a use for them, probably isn't one, just plain fun.

Spoiler...

As for Edwin and his scroll its beneath the graveyard in the series of tombs that are across from the Vampire hideout. If you see a room with an Egyptian like face painted on the tiled floor you are getting close.

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited May 06, 2001).]

4. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

Spoiler
    when does edwin turn into a lady? i have been waiting 4 ages!

5. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

It'll be after you get his Nether scroll... eventually he translates it, and after that begins to change... not sure on exact timing.

6. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Comments on that spoiler:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >WHAT??!!! HE turns into a lady??!!!
    DAMN! I don't want that! HE is, along with Jan, the coolest character in the GAME!!!
    MAN, I just gave him the scroll!!!

As for the pantaloons, I just did that quest, but you can't sell them and your reputation decreases 2 points, totally not worth it man...!

AARRGGHH... Edwin...Turning into a woman...BAH!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

[This message has been edited by Da Punisher (edited May 19, 2001).]

7. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

whoops...he looks mad now....

8. Mikka Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Edwin Spoiler

Bwhahaha... he turns back, don't worry. When you get the scroll, ask him if he's going to use it for the betterment of the party, DON'T say that it's party treasure (if you do, the quest won't continue). Edwin will begin to translate the scroll- he then will talk about how he thinks it'll turn him in to something like a lich 'only much greater'. He then turns himself in to a woman. ;)
    It's funny, though. Aerie teases him, Minsc can't understand it, Nalia thinks he's lucky, Jaheria laughs at him, Cernd makes fun of him (but Edwin doesn't really get it), Anomen offers to 'champion' him at his next tortament, HD writes a song about him (I once knew a red wizard of Thay, who dreamed of lichdom some day.. he said he could do it, but still managed to screw it, up in the funnest way!)... it's really quite funny. A Red Wizard of Thay comes looking for Edwin- you can either let him be taken away forever, or tell him you don't know about Edwin. The Thayguy comes back a bit later, saying he knows who Edwin(a) is (Edwin makes up some weird lie about how he's from Waterdeep, and wishes he could meet Edwin because he must be a wonderful mage...), the Thayguy ignores him, and turns him back. Edwin then is all happy, thanks the Thay guy, then kills him for seeing him as a woman. *grin* Oh yeah.. make sure to bring Edwina to the Copper Cornet, and make him talk to that womanizing elf... bwhahaha!

9. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

Still spoiling...
    umm..ok earlier he said he was busy reading it, an then he had 2 save vs death....????

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.