1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where's Bodhi gone (2nd time round)?!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Aferon de Caland, Jun 29, 2001.

1. Aferon de Caland Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Alright, I'm a little ticked here. Someone please help.

I'm running through the game solo for the first time with my trusty paladin. I've just finished Underdark, met with Eltan in the Elven Camp, had my "random" encounter with Drizzt & Co., got him to commit to helping with upcoming fight with Bodhi, rested at the Copper Coronet, then proceeded to the Graveyard. Bodhi is supposed to greet you with a few vamps right at the entrance to the Graveyard, but nothing. She's nowhere to be found. I even go back down into her crypts -- nothing.

I'm assuming I missed some sort of trigger, but I cannot figure it out. I do remember that the first time I successfully reached this point, a couple of the entrances to Bodhi's layer were blocked/caved in. When I went back this time, I could still enter through the doors that should have been blocked up.

As I'm going through solo, I did not bother to clear out all of Bodhi's layer (i.e. the Spider cave and the Southern Chamber -- with the trapped face that opens up all the doors for monsters) before taking on the vamps like Tanova, Lassal, & finally Bodhi. Do those areas need to be cleared out first before Bodhi & co. will respawn in their lair?

I also had trouble with Bodhi's lair the second time through the last time I played a group. I had finished off Bodhi (clearly she died, a gas cloud formed), but it just disappeared instead of returning to her coffin, so that I could stake it. I looked throughout the rest of the lair and found one bat that was still flying around, with a red circle. I tried to kill that bad, but it was resistant to everything I threw at it, magical and non-magical attacks/weapons alike. So, I had to restart my game from scratch -- no saves prior to beginning the fight with the vamps, round two.

I've got the patch on, so I am assuming that would take care of any original bugs in this area.

Is Bodhi's resappearance in the Graveyard at all day sensitive? As I've been going solo this time round, I've only stuck to the main storyline quests, I'm only on day 18 after getting out of Underdark and back to Athkatla.

Any suggestions besides throwing my computer out the window in frustration?!

Cheers

2. renegarderose Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Well, if i remember correctly, Don't you supposedly kill bohdi the first time in her layer,but she gets away. You encounter her the second time i believe in spellhold in the asylum. Then the third time you encounter her back in the dungeon. i remember playing the first time and NOT being able to find her coffin after she turned into a cloud. The coffin is that long canopy boat shaped thing thats located in that little room downstairs. There are two rooms leading from the small blood room. The right one is her coffin room. Stake it and shes history. Hoped that helped.

Renegarde

PS: I heard that sometimes she turns into a bat but i dont remember that happening for me. I think you prob. screwed up somewhere. Try doing it again and follow it back quickly.(to the coffin room.)

[This message has been edited by renegarderose (edited June 29, 2001).]

3. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

You'll probably think this is a dumb question, but did you go to the graveyard district at night fall? I would imagine that if you go during the day, you wouldn't see them.

4. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Just a thought, I wonder if soloing also makes a diference. That scene outside in the graveyard normally results in (SPOILER WARNING) losing a loved one to Bodhi. If you're solo, you have no one to lose. It's more likey the night time thing posted above though.

5. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Firstly, I apologise if this now shows as a double post. I posted about 25 minutes ago and have been trying to 'refresh' and then edit on and off ever since. For some strange reason I can't get my previous post to show despite all the refreshes. :(

SPOILERS AHEAD

Anyway, if the previous post is showing, sorry I didn't take in all your info first time. i assumed that you hadn't been down into the crypts and were still waiting in the graveyard. Of course, if you venture into the crypts you should see lots of vampires and Drizzt and Bodhi herself down inside the lowest level of the crypt (in her room). I don't think day/night should matter within the tomb so am puzzled. Perhaps the game expects you to seek help from all of the other sources first - Paladins & thiefs. I'm also assuming you have been given the quest to recover the object for the elves from Bodhi (check your journal). I also don't see that you should have to clear out the other areas under the graveyard - but you could try it if nothing else works. If it makes any difference I have always started this episode by using the entrance to the crypts in the middle left of the screen (where Viconia hangs out) and this area has never been blocked. As soon as I explore this area I find a group of friendly paladins. Have you got holy water and stakes on you? As you can't finish her off without them, maybe the game waits until you are equipped. OK so I'm clutching at straws here. Maybe rest for a day and try again.....

Sorry can't think of anything else.

6. Aferon de Caland Gems: 1/31

Seems like I'm not the only one experiencing this Bodhi bug. Another post recently recommended the only viable solution -- using the CLUAConsole:CreateItem("c6lantho") to add the unobtainable Rynn Lanthorn to my inventory, so that the game could continue.

It does work, but obviously, you need to have received Elhan's quest before you can add the Rynn Lanthorn (in case Bodhi's not around).

Thanks for your help.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.