1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Where's Kelsey?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Thyorna, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Thyorna Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Where's Kelsey meant to appear. i thought it was in the part of the government district south of the town square area. but he's nowhere to be seen i can't find him anywhere else either. any suggestions??

[ January 31, 2005, 12:00: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Exactly who is Kelsey and what is he expected to do?
    :)

3. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

I think Kelsey should be a bit North of Keldron's home. If you are a good party, he should approach you so, there is no need to look for him once you get there.
    When during the installation process did you install him?

Kelsey is a Sorcerer NPC from a mod and is romanceable by female humans, elf & half-elf.

4. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

Also, unless something's changed lately, I think he can be romanced by halflings. Kelsey is without doubt my favorite mod NPC; he's highly worth the download.

Thyorna: Kelsey is very near Keldorn's home in the southwest portion of the Government District. He can be somewhat hard to spot (for me, anyway) since he's in the shade, but he'll approach you when you get near enough (unless, apparently, you're playing an evil PC.)
    Also, Kelsey won't appear in a game that was started before you installed the mod, so I guess you're out of luck if that's the case.

5. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

This part is true...

This part is nice to hear...

But this part isn't true. Kelsey can be installed in a game in progress. Just be certain you've applied the Bioware patch before you install Kelsey or any other mods.

He lives at http://www.pocketplane.net/kelsey , if'n you're curious.

And for the original problem: The #1 cause of "I can't find Kelsey" is that you didn't actually install the mod properly. Go back to your BG2 directory and run Setup-Kelsey.exe and verify that it's actually installed.

Either that, or you're not going close enough to Keldorn's front door.

6. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

Oops, thanks for the correction. I must've been thinking of another mod, heh.

7. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

No problem. For the record, most mods work in the middle of a game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.