1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which Stronghold was most fun?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Klorox, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

In your opinion, which stronghold (and it's appropriate sidequests) was the most fun?

I tried to start this as a poll, but it wouldn't allow 8 options

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

IMO, they all are rather dull. Even though I most often have the mage stronghold, I found the ranger's one more enterntaining than the others I have tried (thief, sorc, fighter). Probably because it's so easy to complete. ;)

3. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The Bard one is incredibly boring, I didn't even bother finishing it before I went to Spellhold...

Hehe, new gem!

4. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Closest one to fun for me was the Ranger Stronghold.

5. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

They sucked ;( I guess my favourite would be the thief stronghold but that was pretty crap as well.

6. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I liked the Ranger Stronghold.

7. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I liked taking on the Roenalls in the fighter stronghold, but the fight was too easy. I expected an army.

The thief stronghold was very weak, but had potential.

Overall, none of the strongholds were particularly great.

8. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I have to agree with most in that they all were pretty boring but I do like the fighter stronghold. Something about taking out the Roenalls just gives me a certain perverse pleasure, I suppose.

9. Thais Paradox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The Thief Stronghold is the most entertaining in my opinion, of course you can't count out the fun that can be had by killing off your students one by one in the Sphere. :D

10. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Ranger and Paladin Strongholds.
    The Druid Stronghold and Bard Stronghold have very nice end quests, but otherwise are very boring.

11. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The only thing they are really good for is extra xp.

Does anyone know of any mods in progress to spice them up a bit? they have mods for practically everything else BGII.

12. Terelya Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I liked the fighter stronghold much because you get to have your own fortress. I also liked the quests you got to do.

Other strongholds that I liked was the theatre you get as a bard and that you get to join the order as a paladin.

13. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Fighter stronghold takes way too long to finish. That makes it very boring and tedious. The thief one is too tediousalso. I like the mage stronghold but i think the ranger one is the best. The quests are a little more interesting.

14. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

There is a mod here at sorcerers which extends the Thief Stronghold.
    The thief stronghold then becomes very good and fun to play.

In order from most entertaining to worst I would say:
    Fighter (Die Roenalls!)
    Mage (Die Apprentices!)
    Thief (Rot in jail thieves!, just before leaving for spellhold ;)
    Bard (Involved)
    Ranger ...
    Druid (Why do you make me walk so much!)
    Paladin (I gotta fight WHO???)
    Cleric (Get lost crybabies)

15. Shadow Druid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Ranger & Fighter's are pretty cool.

16. Crom the Powerfull Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I havent played it yet, but temple of Talos looks cool if you make the most evil choices ( I read them in a guide ). Made me ROFL :)

17. Defspeal Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

My favourite was the thief stronghold, I enjoyed managing my guild and making my theives take large risks then ending up in jail :lol:
    i quite like the idea of the mage stronghold, getting your own trainee mages to kill, I think I will try that one next

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.