1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who welcomed you first?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Blog, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Inspired by something MoN said, who first welcomed you to Sorcerer's Place?

For me it was nior. Just one of those things I'll never forget too soon.

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] It's been so long ago, I can't remember...My guess is, it's one of the following:

Blackthorne TA
    Taluntain
    Sylvus Moonbow

3. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmmm I dont think anyone welcomed me officially. Not that I can remember atleast.

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I wasn't welcomed, though if by anyone it was Archer14 in our Anti-Anomen war :)

5. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

You should make a poll asking whether you were welcomed. I doubt most of us were introduced. I followed a strategy guide's link here, so I guess you could say I was welcomed by a few lines of text and a link.

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    At least we all got an e-mail after our sign in.

I can hardly remember, but when I was chatting at the FAI, I thought Ragusa and Ex welcomed me. Not sure though, so I just pretend Nobleman welcomed me first, at the same time he welcomed Blog, who was already welcomed by Nior, when... Oh, whatever!

Or maybe I was welcomed by Faragon, who told me about SP...
    /me is driving himself nuts again with thoughts and dilemma's (This is NOT a sig! ;) )

7. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

hmm... I think it was Tal...

8. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

The first day I was here I got into a minor spamming spree with sir Dargorn about Minsc. He had 20 posts at that time.

Our efforts to have fun were effectively stopped by the patriarch BTA. So I guess it was a welcome of some sort he gave us.

9. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Don't think I've been welcomed, but then again I haven't really introduced myself I guess.

Hi I'm Apeman and i'm 'new' here *ahum*

10. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I wasn't welcomed...Wonder why..?
    :p
    No, but I actually started to use the chat before the forums.

11. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

I never introduced myself formally, either. I just started sneaking in my posts and gradully got to know everyone.

BTW, either Tarol'azh or Tobias works for me.

12. Atreides Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I wasn't welcomed by anyone either. Actually, one of my friends told me about this site and I went here for all the news about IE games and NWN and I then took a look at the boards and thought "what the hell?" Anyway, I didn't think it in good form to start a thread with something like "Hi, I'm Atreides..." so I just started posting stuff.

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I can't remember getting welcomed...

then again, I can't remember life before SP.

(There really should be a shurg smiley y'know)

14. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    You didnt welcome me, I forced myself upon you (not that way, sick lill perverts)

I´m like a trainwreck you didn´t see coming

15. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Is it just me or is this thread starting to feel like a 12-step meeting?

"Hi everyone. My name is Rallymama and I'm an RPG geek. It took me a long time to admit this to myself, but now that I have I'm able to deal with the complications that it can bring. My inner Bard is much happier now that she can be released at the computer, instead of just in the shower..."

I'm definitely in the thrust-myself-upon-you category.

16. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I never posted a "Hi, I'm new" kinda message....I just posted my first message in the BGII forum and *someone* said "Hey, you're new, welcome." A very nice, and wonderful person, whoever they were.

EDIT: I just checked. It was Nior. See, what did I tell you. ;)

[ January 24, 2003, 05:08: Message edited by: Dragon's Jewel ]

17. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Well I've never officially introduced myself so I guess I was never officially welcomed either.

So uhm...

Hi. I'm playing though the BG saga for the first time and since this is the best BG message board I can find with my search engine I plan on sticking around for awhile. Welcomed or not... :grin:

Besides the people seem nice around here so I'm sure formal welcomes are not necessary.

18. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] All various and sundry members (present and future) of the Boards o'Magick can hereby consider themselves officially welcomed by me.

[ January 24, 2003, 05:50: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Heheh, so I was welcomed by BTA :D

20. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] That's beautiful, man....**Sniffle**

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.