1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who's you favourite character in Fantasy books?

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Tonic, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Tonic Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Whats you favourite character in fantasy books and why?

[ March 14, 2003, 12:52: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    FitzChivalry Farseer in Hobb's books or Jaime Lannister in Martin's books are my favs right now.

3. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I'm having a hard time making a decision: Tasselhoff Burrfoot (The Chronicles), Drizzt or Elminster. I think it has to be the kender, Tasselhoff, with Drizzt right on his heels. :D

4. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Corwin of Amber. He knows what he wants and he sets out to get it without whining.

5. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Tough question, but right now I'd have to go with George R.R. Martin's Tyrion Lannister. I relate to this guy. When I was young, it was Garrett Jax from the Wishsong of Shannara.

6. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Gimli son of Gloin, from Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. He can be tough and gruff, but he has a very sensitive streak. He is pragmatic and sensible as well as humble. Like in the scene where all he asks from Galadriel is some strands of hair to make into a beautiful family heirloom. He speaks well and has a complete sense of honour, self respect and dignity.

I like the way that he overcame prejudices and suppositions to become a genuine and caring friend to Legolas, even following him over the sea to the West!

I think he was a much better developed character than Thorin Oakenshield from the Hobbit also by Tolkien.

He is just so unlike other "dwarf" characters that are just halfbaked versions of some drunk, uncultured and illspoken "McDwarf" from "Scotland". They are so crass and poorly depicted that they make me sick.

7. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Nevyn, from Katherine Kerr's books I think. With gimli and commander Vimes coming in close behind

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Ford Prefect, no more need be said :)

9. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Jarlaxle, now he is plain cool :cool:

10. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

David Gemmel's Waylander, his double winged crossbow is just too cool :cool: , and Jon Snow from the Martin books.

11. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Heh, I don't know what a 'haracter' is but I'll try to list a few of my favorites.

:D

From David Gemmel: Druss.

From Michael Moorcock: Elric of Melnibone

From Salvatore: Artemis Entreri

There are too many too list now. Perhaps I'll edit this post later...

12. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I agree with Spellbound.Drizzt and Tasslehoff rullaz!

13. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'm with Rallymama - Corwin is my all-time favorite. Honorable mention to Vlad Taltos (Jhereg books by Brust), Karl Cullinane (Guardians of the Flame books by Rosenberg), and Croaker (Black Company books).

Super dark (if I'm in an evil mood) mention to Kane (Karl Edward Wagner wrote several books and even more short stories about him) -- he's a dark anti-hero that makes Elric of Melnibone look like a pansy.

14. Tonic Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hey my "C" on my keyboard is broken :D

15. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Merlin of Amber and Chaos gets my vote, with nods to Corwin of Amber and Vlad Taltos.

16. Woodwyrm Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Silk from David Eddings...

Carrot, Nobbs, Vimes and all the others in the Guard...

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Probably Rincewind from the Discworld series.

18. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

From Jordan: Elan Morin Tedronai

From Feist: Tomas

From Eddings: (Bel)Zedar

19. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Eddard Stark from the song of Fire and Ice. He's the only character I've ever seen that can be described as Lawful Good.

20. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Yup, and one of the much, who was killed by the "genious" of GRRM...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.