1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

will I be punished in ToB?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by cotman68, May 16, 2001.

1. cotman68 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Will I be punished if I change my character in ToB? my impression of starting a new character for ToB is:

the character will have enough exp to make him viable for the next chapter...but my concern is that I will not have all my items and my NPC 'friends' will not have all their items (like the crom faer (excuse the spelling) and celestial fury.. etc)...

what do you all think?

2. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Remember that when you start a new game in ToB you will get a bag of holding with good stuff... And don't worry if you lose some, there'll surely be better items in ToB.

3. miniwoo Guest

Do you get to keep your cash (300,000)? and i hope i get to keep crom, cfury, carsomyr, staff of the magi, vorpal sword etc etc.

4. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

also if thats what your worried about, your main char carrys over, well you can play the game into tob a few mins, see what items the npc chars have, then give those items to your main character to be carried over.

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] I'm hoping to run through BG2 once more before TOB comes out. But if I can't I'm planning on "cheating" in some of the items my *accidently deleted* last party was carrying.

(Don't ask, it has to do with too much coffee, a new firewall at work, and a Jennifer Lopez fan site!)

6. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Back on topic -

Will it be possible to begin a new character from the start of Irenicus' dungeon, to continue through the add-in's and then to the add-on?

I'm assuming that this will work like the HOW addon/addin for IWD.

If so, we won't be punished for loosing our old BG2 characters!

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Of course we'll be able to start from scratch!

How do you think we'll play as Wild Mage?

8. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

True, and that does sound like fun. Just dreading all the "Kensi/Wild Mage DC" power-gamers that will be posting in 2 months! :p

I figured I'd be able to play through. I mostly wanted to jump on the opportunity to have an "acceptable double post" since my previous post was 3 weeks ago, and my second was on a completely new topic! (Feels good to find a loophole in the rules!) :D [Don't kill me dragons! I'm a good boy!]

9. Any one doing the badass thing before starting TOB. Starting all over again in BG, then do tales of the sword coast, then BG2 and finally TOB.
    Did it before starting BG2, so much more rewarding when you finally finnish it.

Damn, just saw that there was a whole new topic for this reply further down the page. Got to start reading the pages more carefully

[This message has been edited by DragonSlayer21 (edited June 07, 2001).]

10. ArcherAntilles Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ta know that could be fun to play through all four

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.