1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Windspear hills

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by danrand, Oct 18, 2003.

1. danrand Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hi

How can I beat Rukh and the crimson whatsis? My weapons have no effect on them.

Thanks

2. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Ruhk and the crimson whatsits? That doesn't tell me anything. Be a bit more specific and I can help you, I just did this quest.

3. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

You probably just need +2 weapons. If you can't or don't want to get some, just use magic. Chromatic Orb, Magic Missile, and especially fireball. If you get a fireball on them, they'll drop like flies. I don't know who Ruhk is, as it's been awhile, so I don't know what kind of Magic Res. they've got.

4. Grandalf the Green Sorcerer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

IIRC, Ruhk was a Raksasha. So basicly you need atleast +2 weapons to hit IIRC, and Raksasha have enormous Magic resistance, so dont hope for magic damage unless you can memorize three or two lower resistance(s) -spells.

Just blast a fireball at the door to kill the kobold suiciders and attack the raksasha with the rest of your gang, cast any spells which summon creatures with magical weapons or magical weapon summons (sword of flame, Spiritual Hammer, Mordekainen's sword etc etc.) And hope for the best.

Atleast that's what I remember.
    Dont blame me for memory loss if none :D

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Lower Resistance doesn't work on Raksashas.

Raksashas are totally immune to level 7 spells and lower. Nothing will change this, so you'll have to use high level spells to magically hurt them.

6. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

He said Windspear Hills though, but IIRC Ruhk is the Raksasha that you fight under Athkatla in the sewers.

Is it windspear hills or the sewers under the city?

If it's the sewers, than just pick off the Kobold Archers and Comandos and Witch Docters. Use Minsc or Valygar to hide in the shadows and pick them off one by one.

If it's in the Windspear hills and there are Crimson Deaths (I think that's what they're called), then you may need +3 weapons to hit them. Crimson Deaths aren't immune to any magic, I don't think, so use a fireball or two to waste the crimsons and attack the Raksasha.

7. chaos thory Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

good luck for fircrag u dont have a chance

8. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Er, nothing in this Topic said anything of Firkraag. So why you said that I don't know. Firkraag is easy anyway. ;)

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Ruhk is a type of Raksasha, not a named NPC. There are at least 4 Ruhks in the game, maybe more. He's talking about the one in Windspear Hills. The Crimson Deaths (or Vampiric Wraiths) won't attack during this fight. I usually use a low level summon spell to set off the kobolds (this is cheesy. A normal charge works just as well if you know what you're doing) and then bash on Ruhk. You do need good weapons to do this, though.

10. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

The Ruhk is the Ruhks Transmuter that comes in with the suicidal kobolds.

When I did this quest, the kobolds blew themselves up while my party was at a safe distance away from them. I had Minsc beat it up while he was wielding Lilarcor +3. I don't recall any of my other guys doing anything vs. the Ruhk.

As for the Crimson Deaths/Vampiric Mists in the bottom left corner from the Ruhk fight, I had Anomen (or Jaheira or Aarie) cast Negative Plane Protection
    on myself and Minsc, and we just wacked away. You can also use 1 or 2 Holy Smites to kill them.

Note: I had my 4 party members a safe distance away in this fight while me and Minsc killed them. I absolutely hate level drain, and I didn't want any of that type of casualties.

After you kill them, quickly search the treasure in the pool, and leave there outta the scene! I say this because after you kill the first 5 vampiric mists, more of them come, and then more, and so on. It is a vampiric mist factory right there. So just get the treasure and never go to that spot again.

[ October 21, 2003, 03:19: Message edited by: Neeraj the Freak Paladin ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.