1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Women are just better than men... sorry lads, it's true!

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Barmy Army, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Women are better than men, I've decided. It grinds against the bone, but I've decided.

Women are just generally more switched on to the ways of the world and level headed. Women, on their own are fine 99% of the time. Men, on their own, deteriorate rapidly. Men need women to keep them on the straight and narrow and keep them plugged in.

Men, if left alone by women, do silly things. Some start to forget hygiene ("Ah, sod it!"), some spend money on random trash ("Woo, a new XBOX360!"), some loose their social skills and generally struggle more with life and box themselves in.

Every man needs a woman to keep his life in order, no matter how much we lads deny it. Women don't need much from men really, most are fine on their own. Behind every good man, is a good woman. Behind every good woman, is a good mother.

Discuss.

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Bah, I am a guy and I do just fine by myself thank you very much. I have my own house, a good job, have a good wardrobe and hygiene, and I am quite sensible with my money.

3. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I have to agree with Barmy, I actually said something like that to the other boys of my class some time ago.

No matter how skilled we are, we... degrade... without a woman.

For example: I'm a good chef, I like to cook, but when I'm alone or with other boys, I make frozen pizza. When the food is for a girl, it's always something a *bit* more special.

Maybe it's something to do with the urge to impress the woman? And the shared knowledge with the other men that we are really just a bunch of drunks with weird needs like the XBOX 360. :p

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I agree too - not because I'm a woman but because I know that my husband and sons would be completely lost without me to take care of them.

5. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

We can write our name with pee - they can't. End of discussion.

6. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

If I remember Ovid correctly he likened men to trees and women to vines (in Pomona/Vertumnus). Now, in his mind the trees, like men, stand tall and strong - if a little unadorned - without vines (them women) to entangle and ornament them. But lacking a tree to uphold and support them, the vines will just lay low and wither away on the ground, never to know their full beauty.

Good old Ovid. Got it all mixed up. :grin:

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Actully now that I think about I am reminded of an interesting phenomena that I observed over the years I was in University. I came to the following conclusion about shared housing. The order from cleanest student apartments or shared houses to the messiest went

(1) Mixed Male-Female
    (2) Male Only
    (3) Female Only

In the case of (1) it was typically the females who I would attribute the cleanliness of the dwelling. In the case of (2) the guys would generally keep things a bit messy but not too bad. In the case of (3) I was really stunned to see how messy the female only houses were given how much of a perfectionist vacuum every day etc. neat freak my mother is.

Edit: I will concede that most of the people I hung out with in University were studying either accounting or computer science and thus could be considered geekier than the general population. It could be that male geeks are cleanlier than other males while female geeks are less cleanly than other females.

[ March 19, 2007, 21:15: Message edited by: JSBB ]

8. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Without men, civilization would last until the oil needed changing!

- Fred Reed

:p

9. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    @Barms: How commendable! It's true in so many ways. The world would halt completely without women. And not only in the sense that human reproduction would become impossible.

The guy who developed our schoolsystem, Uno Cygnaeus said something like this: "If the principality (of Finland) can afford a school for only one gender, then let girls be the ones who receive the education, for they hold the future at their hands." And that was in the 19'th century...

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    :rolleyes: I've never seen so many people admit to being losers in one place.

11. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Hey, you can't argue with laws of nature...Guys just ain't got what it takes to keep the ball rolling.

It shouldn't be a surprise that Grameen Bank gives loans mainly for women. Give a guy a buck and he'll most likely spend it in humbug, give a mother a buck and she'll invest it if she knows that it's the way to feed her children.

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What a load of generalized nonsense.

13. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

You know guys...

Not to put down your philosophical thoughts, but usually when guys suck that much up to women, they are trying to get layed... :D

14. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Not only that. He obviously didn't knew that some forms of vines are parasites that live of the trees they climb on. :D

15. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    How many men can give birth to a child?

I personally consider women the superior gender but what kind of world would we have with only one gender? Good old Mother Nature knew what she was doing.

Living in an Adult Community I know a lot of widows, women do tend to live longer then men. My experience is that women are better able to deal with the loss of a spouse then men are.

What a boring world it would be without men. Besides who would do the barbecuing? Oh, I know there are some women who actually like to barbecue but not me. I do like to eat it though.

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    We are needed. They need us, just in a different way than we do. They sometimes even pray for us. And in very moving ways. That we don't seem to deserve their love is a different thing.

17. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I find it amusing that google ads seems to think stuff regarding witchcraft is appropriate for this thread.

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

This thread is stupid. Deciding that one gender is better than the other is the reason that humanity has had a great deal of problems over the past 5000 or so years - why do the same thing reversed now?

Yes, because women have never been known to spend money on, say, a superfluous amount of shoes or anything like that...

Sure, the world wouldn't work without women, but that hardly makes them better then men. When I get home maybe I can pull out one of my sister's psych textbooks or something - I know that she's recently been doing things on the differences between men and women in how their brains work.

'Superior gender' - I really don't know how people come up with this ****.

19. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

There are two sexes purely for reproductive purposes. Neither sex is superior.

20. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

LOL well apparently my relationship is completely backwards. Of the two of us, I am much cleaner than my gf, which is not a good thing,because I'm not much concerned about neatness. and I also tend to do the cooking and know where everything is....mostly because I clean everything in an attempt to make a path to my computer :o I also am better at saving money than her....though not by much. I don't have many things that I don't use, and she has a ton of things she doesn't use....mostly clothes, shoes, and appliances.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.