1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Women or Men?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitiara, Aug 19, 2001.

1. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Ok Lokken was mentioning in the chat that this should be a thread.

Who has it better in life... women or men??

Me personally would not want to be a man.. too many dam pressures. Have to be tough, cant cry, cant play with dolls, dont wear pink, have to pick up women not vice versa usually, there are less of you..lol

so many reasons but the biggest would be not giving birth! God that is an experience and a half i would never give up.

2. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I would not want to be a woman I was a girl for holloween and it was hard I had to make shure my fake boob were not crooked I kept tripping on my high heels and I kept triping on my dress it sucked. I feel bad for all you women out there.

3. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Interesting that you found the fake breasts the hardest part about being a woman... I should point out that (most) real women actually don't have to worry about that. But you are dead on about the shoes- women's shoes are ridiculous, and there isn't even a real alternative. I wore men's shoes for years but can't get away with that at work now.

Other than shoes, though, I have to agree with Kitiara on this one- being a woman is lots of fun and I wouldn't give it up for the world. I don't even like role-playing male characters: it just seems like men don't have as much fun to me. The world expects and tolerates silliness from women but it seems men are expected to conform to a stereotype much more and not express feelings or imagination much in their day to day lives. Maybe that's why men tend to be more interested in fantasy and sci-fi... all that emotion and imagination channelled into their inner lives? With women it usually seems to be channelled into telephone conversations... :)

But GIVING BIRTH? Kitiara, you must be joking!

4. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] See theres something that I find as a stereotype for guys everyone says that guys don't talk on the phone alot or like to go shopping I like to talk on the phone alot (only in the school year in the summer I'm out and about)and I think shopping is awsome (as long as it is for me). Thanks for the idea with the telephone comment.

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] sorry Kit, I forgot all about posting it while I was... uhm... drinking I think ;) :D

anyways, who says men can't cry?!?!?! I cry if I feel like it, and for being tough, well I'm not. As for wearing pink, I dont tihnk I would even want to! :p

I once tried to walk in some high heeled shoes, I think I fell in my second step, it was hell!

as for the pickup, I think that's pretty mutual, though the attention might be something women just get out of the blue

I might be discriminative here, but I think all women rule their men, even though if their men(looking at statistics) is supposed to be high seated political figures or corporate officers. I dont like it.
    /me goes look for his Psion's shield +4

I dont think I would really care to be a woman or a man, even though I do like the ability to pee standing.
    As for putting makeup on and fixing hair for an hour before you're going out, geez, I think I could do without that.

though I got male in some gender test, so I guess I'll stick to male :)

...then I get to enjoy the women as well :p

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited August 19, 2001).]

6. Avooch Dar Guest

I am a young man:

My favourite shirt is bright pink with yellow fish.
    I cry when i want to.
    The biggest pressure i have is my exams and that is the same for women.
    I don't have to have periods or deliver a 10 pound lump of flesh through my genitals!
    I do not have to be tough and strong, i just am anyway. :D

7. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] There are several reasons i enjoy being a man. The first and foremost: I can look and enjoy all the beautiful women out there without being gay and as i know that all us men arre bastards i wouldnt want to spend the rest of my life with a person like myself.
    Another reason that is almost as important as the aboven is as Lokken said, i can piss standing, anywhere.
    Oh oh i almost forgot i agree with all the men above, no make up, no funny shirts or shoes and no discremination at work by your greasy boss.

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It is proved that males and females have completely different brain - and that's the main reason why they act diffenently.

Forget biological (genital) differences - it can be changed through operations - but the brain stays the same.

And as I said in one such thread in Planescape forum:
    Males got the imagination, females got the practical part.
    Yes, there are some exceptions - BUT RARE.

Both parts are fun. And both parts need to be joined. The imagination that can't be borned in real world is lost forever. The real world without imagining things better than they are (romance ;)) can inflict serious mental problems.

Do you see why men and women must be around each other? And no, I never found a single person with both imagination and practical part. The best teams are mixed teams.

Finally, the cultural idiotism (crying, pink color, dolls, football, cars, dresses, shoes, ...) is not the reason to find your gender better than opposite. That can all be changed tomorrow.

Of course I would never give up my malehood. I'm enjoying it.
    But I do understand women - I do understand their joys of being a female.
    And I don't argue with it all, I just make jokes with my female friends about differences.

Like this one (you need to read the Holy Bible to understand it...):

--------------------------------------------

In Garden of Eden there was a forbidden fruit. And Eve tasted the fruit, but also forced Adam to taste it.

From the heavens God appeared and glowered on Eve:
    "You'll pay me in blood for this!"

And Eve asked:
    Can you make it in rates?

9. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I have no interest in being a man, however, being a woman has its ups and downs as well.
    I don't wear dresses, high heeled shoes, makeup. I find them all to be time consuming and physically constricting. I think the last time I ever wore pink was when I was a baby. I have no aspirations to wear it as an adult. Even though I have gone through the childbirth thing once and would not change that for the world it is still not an experience I wish to have again. I've always played male characters and am very comfortable with that. I may not be the girliest girl but I think I would make a lousy guy.

10. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

ok have to clarify.

Not just giving birth but motherhood period.
    I would not give up that for anything
    holding a baby brand new... breast feeding...just having a baby so attached to you that you made inside you. Not a thing i would ever give up!!

11. Avooch Dar Guest

Wow Kitiara i am impressed.
    You really are a beutifully sensitive personality. However please stop because you are giving me the urge to become a woman and that is not healthy!
    I can however see why so many people are obsessed with you on these boards! :D

12. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I'm curious about "males got the imagination, females got the practical part", Extremist. Do you believe this is an innate difference between men and women or a cultural one?

The Jungian characteristic spectrum of Sensing vs Intuition is more or less equivalent to a "Practicality vs Imagination" scale, and statistically there is no difference between males and females in this category according to the research I've seen. The only category that does show male/female difference is that of Thinking vs Feeling, where 75% more men than women score in the "Thinking" range.

My own experience has led me to believe that men and women are similar in imagination and practicality, although they express these traits differently. Contrary to my glib remark about telephone conversations above, I do think that traditionally women's creativity/imagination have been directed at things like clothing, cooking, sewing, decorating, gardening etc. and that therefore it is more commonly men who have had the creative energy left over to write books, paint, compose music etc. Though, now that I am the last woman on the planet who still cooks, sews and gardens, this may be changing. :)

[This message has been edited by Sprite (edited August 19, 2001).]

13. shadow_thief Guest

I think women are much better, they don't have to conceal their vanity, they can make themselve taller without being laughed at, they can cry when they need to, they don't need to worry about what color they like, they can wear pretty things, *and* cool things...that's all I can think of right now.

14. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Silly debate. You are kind of strange if you don't find your own sex the best. But hey, men are generally twice as strong as women ;). And women are no good at sports.

For the information, I never cry. I swear and hit things. Primitive solution.

15. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

/me smacks Mollusken

Women not good at sports!!! HA!

There are tons of women athletes...where you from the moon???

[This message has been edited by Kitiara (edited August 19, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Kitiara (edited August 19, 2001).]

16. shadow_thief Guest

For your information Mollusken, I am one of the best defense person in soccer at my old school's class. I don't cry unless I'm hurt on the inside and when I'm hurt on the outside, I cry or get up and limp, or swear and tell everyone that my anger is fresh.

17. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

Aaah. I'm 17, and the soccer team I played on last year could have beaten the womens national soccer team in Norway (and it's supposed to be one of the best in the world). And while a female athlete throws the spear at around 70 metre, the male is closer to 100. Women jump just above 2 metres up in the air, men around 2,40. You can't match us.

18. shadow_thief Guest

How do you know we can't throw 100 feet or just 2.40 metres in the air?!

Edit: Kit, ja!!!! Not meaning to be sexist or anything, women rock!!!!!

[This message has been edited by shadow_thief (edited August 19, 2001).]

19. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

so your sayin just cause women arent as tough as men they are not as good!!1

Our womens hockey team would kick your a**!!!

20. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

You are so wannabes when running around doing male stuff.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.