1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World Cup Groups!

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Barmy Army, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    A)

Germany
    Costa Rica
    Poland
    Ecuador

B)

England
    Paraguay
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Sweden

C)

Argentina
    Ivory Coast
    Serbia Montenegro
    Holland
    (ooooh!!)

D)

Mexico
    Iran
    Angola
    Portugal

E)

Italy
    Ghana
    USA
    Czech Republic
    (tough one)

F)

Brazil
    Croatia
    Australia
    Japan

G)

France
    Switzerland
    Korea Republic
    Togo

H)

Spain
    Ukraine
    Tunisia
    Saudi Arabia

---

Could have been worse for England. Sweden are an annoying team for England, they're a very tough team to beat. A bogey team of ours. The others should be 6 points though.
    France jammed it look! Their group is piss.
    Bit of a baptism of fire for Australia.

Discuss.

Can't wait for it now!! Is there anything on this Earth better than the World Cup? Nothing!

2. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Group A: Easy job for the Germans.
    Group B: England and Sweden are the favourites but Paraguay can do damage.
    Group C: The group of death. Argentina and Holland have the more chances but both Serbia and Ivory Coast are capable for the surpise.
    Group D: A walk in the park for Portugal and Mexico.
    Group E: Italy and Czech Republic will qualify one way or another.
    Group F: Easy job for Brazilians too. Japan has the more chances to follow them to the next round.
    Group G: Under normal circumstances France will have no problem. The others have equal chances to qualify.
    Group H: Another walk in the park for Spain and Ukraine even if Tynisia could cause some problems.

Don't you think that the groups of Euro were far more competitive?

3. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

A)

Germany
    Costa Rica
    Poland
    Ecuador

Germany will defeat Costa Rica and Ecuador, but will tie with Poland. Poland will do the same, and will share the honor.

B)

England
    Paraguay
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Sweden

Sweden and England ties, or Sweden wins, because Eriksson really can't win against the Swedes. Paraguay have a chance, but then they must be playing on top at all times to stop such players such as Rooney, Larsson, and Ibrahimovic.

C)

Argentina
    Ivory Coast
    Serbia Montenegro
    Holland

Group of death, hands down. Serbia Montenegro aka Yugoslavia is a good team, and Ivory Coast have been dubbed the Football Future of Africa. Argentina and Holland needs no explonation. This group can end in any way, but Argentina will qualify.

D)

Mexico
    Iran
    Angola
    Portugal

Most boring group in the competition, but in a way, very exiting, since everyone can win here. Everyone. Angola is being viewed as this Cup's Senegal, and Iran plays well, but unstable. Mexico is a top-notch team, and so is Portugal, but when they play bad, they play really bad.

E)

Italy
    Ghana
    USA
    Czech Republic

I'm going to kill someone over this. Italy will probably somehow qualify, but not before giving me three heart attacks and two random beatings of opposite fans. The Czech Republic will probably follow them, but both USA and Ghana have a chance.

F)

Brazil
    Croatia
    Australia
    Japan

Brazil must win, hands down. The second place is open competition, but Croatia will probably snatch it. Japan isn't on their home field anymore.

G)

France
    Switzerland
    Korea Republic
    Togo

I hope France gets kicked out, I really do, but their dumb luck returns again and gives them one of the easiest groups in the tournament. Switzerland may defeat France and France may play bad against Korea, kicking France out of the tournament, but I doubt it. France first, Switzerland second.

H)

Spain
    Ukraine
    Tunisia
    Saudi Arabia

If Spain and Ukraine doesn't qualify from here, they don't deserve to be in the tournament. Saudi Arabia and Tunisa shouldn't be a problem in any way.

Also, it looks like I'll be viewing the following games live:

Sweden - Trinidad Tobago
    Sweden - England
    Italy - Ghana
    Italy - USA
    Portugal - Mexico
    Brazil - Croatia

Top three in chance of me actually being able to get a ticket:
    Sweden - Trinidad & Tobago
    Italy - USA
    Sweden - England

4. Barmy Army

Media:
    England and Sweden will win their first two games. The England Sweden match will be something of a no contest that will end in draw. England Sweden matches always do. They're our main bogey team.
    One thing is for sure, Germany will walk their group and must be avoided at all costs in the next round. We do NOT want Germany on their home soil so early in the tournament. Germany will win their group, so we must win ours. It will not be easy though.

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

You haven't learned a bit since the last tournament, haven't you Barmy ? In football... NOTHING is for certain EVER.

Just stop worrying mate, sit back, have a beer, and let the show begin. :D

6. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

:aaa: My god, could we have gotten a worse group? I'm guessing Argentina and Holland to qualify, but I won't be shocked if Ivory Coast manages to fight through... We are the rank outsiders here...

7. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Amsterdam.......we have a problem!

Group of death indeed. Well if we can top this group, we should be able to survive any team.

"sit back, have a beer, and let the show begin."

Pac Man, I agree with the beer but don't tell me you don't get a little bit nervous when looking at 'the group of death'

8. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Just let me tell you i respect you lot Vukodlak. The big names may be gone now, but there's still plenty of talent, and on top of that, you got Mateja Kezman. When he's hot, there's no stopping him. From my point of view, there are no real favourites in our group. We have to prepare ourselves for the group of death, and that goes for all 4 of us.

9. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Group A

I am hoping Poland will smash the germen, but both will most likely qualify.

Group B

England and Sweden hands down.

Group C

I am really cheering for both Argentina - like their team a lot, and I hope they beat the Brazilians - and Serbia. I hope both qualify.

Group D

Portugal and Mexico, so easy.

Group E

I hope the Czechs will qualify. I suppose both them and Italy will go ahead.

Group F

Brazil and Croatia

Group G

What a piece of cake to France. I think Korea has as much chance as Switzerland has.

Group H

Great group for Ukraine! I hope they beat Spain and avoid Italy!

10. Pac man Gems: 25/31

You hope they beat Serbia ????

11. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Of course not! I hope both qualify! :D

12. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Barmy I don't care when we get the germans I remind you Munich they'd never lost there before.

13. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Apeman..look at it this way...if you want to be king, you have to be able to downsize them all. Sure, i would rather have had at least one smaler opponent in the group, but what's "small" at this level ? If we make it through this group, and we will, we are warmed up to the right temperature. I only hope one thing....that Salomon gets the green light in time.

14. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

[​IMG] Group 1: Germany, Poland - Even Costa Rica stands no chance.
    Group 2: Sweden, England - Unless Paraguay manage a minor miracle, in which case England are out :hahaerr:
    Group 3: Argentina, Holland - Interesting matches up ahead :D
    Group 4: Mexico, Portugal - Angola are the wild card here, Iran just isn't consistant.
    Group 5: Italy, Czech - Did they want Italy to run out of decent match practice or something by giving these opponents?
    Group 6: Brazil, Croatia - Unless Japan were more than a flash in the pan.
    Group 7: Switzerland, France - Togo? Where the heck on this planet is Togo?
    Group 8: Spain, Ukraine - If Tunisia manage to qualify in front of Ukraine, the entire Ukrainian team will be assassinated.

SemiFinals might see Germany v/s Argentina, Italy v/s Switzerland, Sweden v/s Holland, Brazil v/s Spain.

15. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Yeah, otherwise we'll see him anyway on the WC.....with a vengeance.

16. Barmy Army

Media:
  17. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I agree with what just Leo Messi said: is all fixed, another 'group of death' for us (Argentina). Brasil and Germany got the easy part, like always.

18. Barmy Army

Media:
    Lol, Leo Messie is still only young but likes to run his mouth off I've noticed. Fixed world cups? :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.