1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wow Mods

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Juaqeen Roukas, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Juaqeen Roukas Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Just downloaded some Mods (tactics, ascension and items) and started a new game. Holy **** is all I can say. These Mods definitely add a new dimension to the game. I ran into Ilyich and his group of merry monsters and I am still trying to figure out how to kill a Neophyte Glabrezu that can't be touched because I have no +2 weapons, not to mention the Fallen Diva that Zhivago summoned. Maybe if I can drop one of his other cohorts out of sight of the others he'll have a weapon that I can use. Anyway, not asking for help I just had to let everyone that this is great, and for anyone who has played through several times and is getting bored, download the mods it's a whole new game.

2. jcompton Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

You probably shouldn't expect the whole game to be like that. You're currently playing through the Improved Ilyich component of the Tactics mod, which was based on an in-joke between modders. But, if you're having fun with it, so much the better...

3. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

@ Juaqeen Roukas
    yeah that fallen diva casted fire storm on my party before i saw where it was. i have developed a compulsive reloading obsession because of the improved Ilyich component

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Improved Ilyich is realy devastating, but just wait till you see other bad guys! All are so strong and COOL that you will be SUPRISED!

Have youR ENTİRE party ever been killed by two liches who release 3xAbi Dalzims on your party via Chain Contingency? (hmm 6x20d8 damage, plus I play insane, so err...240d8 damage, suddenly, most unexpectedly, and most cruelly! ALL of the party died at once!)

ALL other special monsters with names are altered, they are far, far more powerful and fun!

Alsı dungeons will be the hardest POSSIBLE!

Wait till you see new Bodhi! She is cool beyond words, has SUPER extra and new abilities that makes her much like an Elder Vampire, she is SMART too! They even added some extra dialogue to her!

I haven't faced Irenicus in the last battle, but I heard he will shatter into 6 slayer monsters (hence his name:Shattered One. cool!) each has unique abilities, resistances and weaknesses, plus they have a VERY NASTY ability. (SUPRISE! YOU MAY RELOAD!)

Heh, this promises to be fun! Note that ToB can be made harder like this too! FUN!

5. Misantrophe Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

@ Silverstar
    actually when you are fighting Bodhi in tactics mode (this is cheesy) you can open the door see Bodhi and close the door. She teleports (dimension doors?) where you are. that way, at least, you only deal with her.
    and Irenecus (tactics) is the hardest fight i ever fought in SoA. spoiler coming...
    he has a devistating Dragon with him. when you think about it would be nice to have a Dragon in your party

6. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Aye, not to mention that GOD-AWFUL teleport of his. I know its meant for a party to go through the game, with one character stationed at each doorway or whatever, but I was solo-ing a Fighter/Mage/Cleric and it was pissing off when you have to just RUN after the guy to beat him up, only to have him teleport and heal again.

WTF were the modders thinking?

Edit: Woo Hoo...new gem!! And this one is cool to boot! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.