1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yoshimo till the end?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Lokken, Sep 7, 2001.

1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] Have anyone completed ToB with Yoshimo?

I looked through the infinity explorer epilogues when making a post the other day, but couldn't find any for Yoshimo. I was wondering if anyone knew why?

2. The DMage Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

When you try to summon him, the spirit says he's already dead.

3. I thought yoshimo is permenatly gone after spellhold. When you start TOB you can't bring him in from the teleporter.

4. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

There are ways AND ways.

One is simply to never accept Yoshimo until after spellhold. I've heard that if you never have Yoshi in SoA, he will be summonable in ToB. This doesn't sound like a great route to me though; I'd rather be picking his skills myself.

So the other alternative is (you guessed it) cheating. Note that I have not tried this myself, so I guarantee nothing. But if, when Yoshi comes to kill you due to his geas, you first talk to him, you can accept him back into your party. He then has his conversation and dies, but remains in your party. When you remove the Geas, you can resurrect him and adventure on. I plan on testing this when I play my evil party, as all other thieves in the game suck.

5. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

If you've never had Yoshimo he will be summonable in ToB? I don't think so. Yosh never got a spot in my party and I saw him hit the floor in the Copper Coronet one day.

6. Nope. I made new game in ToB, summoned everyone, and yoshimo was unsummonable. It didn't matter anyways. I killed all the NPCs. Funfunfunfun. :D

7. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

[​IMG] Ok, I tried summoning from a new game started in ToB, and an old game (passing through SoA till ToB) and both were the same answer with him beind dead and gone.

My question is now, why on earth did you put that dialogue when it hasn't got any use anyways?

8. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well, blank. Next time I won't repeat something unless I've tested it myself.

So has anyone tried the cheating method?

9. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

cheating, you could do the following. Leave him in a building right next to the entrance and tell him to stay there. When you return from underdark go to that building and talk to him before he dies (hence next to the door) and make him join your party. Then he dies and you can resurrect him since he's in your party.

Bet well, i think jan is a better substitute for yoshimo.

10. Will that really work? I like Yoshimo a lot because I think hes the only npc you can dual class.

11. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

You can dual class Sarevok too! But of course it's a while before you can get him.

12. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

and of course sarevok takes ages to dual...

and yoshi... they really shouldnt kill off npcs like that - it can really disrupt team planning

13. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

" Methos(my sorcerer) was more than disappointed when it became clear that Yoshimo, a trusted friend betrayed him and all his other friends. No matter. In the end when Methos escaped the spellhold maze and defeated Irenicus, he engaged Yoshimo again. He forgave him for what he did against him and the group. The sorcerer wanted to give the thief another chance. But Yoshi was too mutch of a coward to side with his former friend again and face the geas that Irenicus have created to controll him. So Methos did what he had to do...wasted the poor thief's phisical shell, than took his heart to the temple of Ilmater and cleansed it from the geas, giving the samuraj's soul peace in death finally.

Methos tried to forget the treachery of Yoshimo, but he couldn't. As a child of Baal he has the power now to summon any of his former companions...he could even raise his former enemy Sarevok, too; but he never will summon Yoshimo...

He can't trust him any more! "

14. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] not to mention he can't summon him :)

15. sorvo Guest

So can you use Invokers method and take yoshimo to the end or will the game crash?

16. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

One of my friends just said he could summon Yoshimo. How can this be????

17. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

why don't you ask him TinMan?

I found a way to get him in your party, though it requires you get him from the console.

info on enabling the console can be found here: http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/cheats.php

Pause your game and create him from the console, then press ctrl+q to get him in your party. I don't think he will die this way(didn't for me), but if he does you should be able to revive him.

Code for summoning yoshimo in the console:
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("YOSHI12")

then hold the cursor over him and press ctrl+q

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited September 12, 2001).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  18. Arek Gems: 3/31

So has anyone figured out what the epilogue for Yoshimo is yet?

19. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Ok, I hate to come in this forum and see spoilers (I hope this won't long for much more time ;)).

But Lokken had an "accident" that is not your business, so I'll spam his note on Yoshi as he politely asked me, and I can't refuse him. :p

The message is:
    There is no epilogue for Yoshimo!!!

?????
    I don't understand why does that have to be stated - I thought Yoshimo is killed in my SoA. Bah! I probably have the wrong game.

20. Arek Gems: 3/31

Oh.

BTW, WHen you say accident, are we talking a depends (adult daipers) type of accident or is it something serious.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.