1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A Little Foppish Idiot?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Awesome. I honestly never expected to even have a girl, so when my son was born, it just was. I didn't even think about the possibility that he might have been a she (we didn't find out the sex of either of our children before they were born).

When my wife was pregnant the second time around, we hoped it would be a girl, and shockingly enough, she was.

(I say this because for the last three patrilineal generations in my family there have been nothing but boys, boys and more boys - I figured that the X sperm weren't invited to the party in my family.)

Anyway, children are great, and even when mine do those things that make me grind my teeth, I still feel so happy to have them. Parenthood is a wonderful thing.

As I only know you through these boards, I can only judge your character on what you type. Based solely on that information, I think you will do just fine, especially if Mrs. Idiot is in charge of the maturity department :p .

3. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Firstly, congratulations to you, Aldeth, and to you, Mrs. Idiot. (Wow, I'd never thought I'd ever say that :shake: )

I think you'll make an EXCELLENT father, simply by virtue that you're worrying whether you'll be a good parent - you obviously want to be one.

But don't worry too much about 'screwing up' your kid...no matter what you do, that WILL be the end result to one extent or another; it's human nature, for some reason...

Oh and T2B?

Um, actually I thought Kuemper was referring to the fact that the male...um 'donation of genetic material' is what determines the gender of the resultant child. The egg holds only an X chromosome, while the spermazota might carry an X or a Y, so the father's contribution determines the last word of "it's a..." :)

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Aldeth - will you get moderator paternity leave in 8-10 months? :hmm:

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

lmao, just what I was about to say :D

Congrats Aldeth :)

6. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Wish you all the best with your bundle of joy.

7. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I don't think I said anything about toys. :shake:

8. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    It was Rally who was talking about boys getting cooler toys.

I agree that regardless of whether the baby is a boy or a girl, a Steelers jersey is going to be bought for him/her. The child will be a Steeler's fan - the little person is gonig to have very little say in the matter. Too bad Jerome Bettis retired. As I'm sure most of you remember, Bettis was referred to as "The Bus". In the baby sized version of his jersey, it said "Mini-bus" on the back.

I was actually thinking about this just last night. In the first few months of a child's life, I don't think it matters much whether you have a girl or a boy. In the beginning, they are all just babies. Now obviously, there will be some physical differences between the sexes, but in the first few months of life the level of care and what they need is pretty much identical.

Excellent suggestion. Make it so!

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    jaded empath: I know she was and I understand a little about science and genes. You clearly do not understand Mr. Cosby's sense of humor (after donation, the mother 'has' the material -- hence, she is 'the last person who had it').

10. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Are you going to buy the Steelers CD?

11. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I'm more than happy to hear these news!! Congrats Aldeth!

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  13. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Way to go AFI. How long before we have another Civ addict in this world?

14. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    :doh:

Of course it's Rallymama who likes boys toys! I'm so sorry about the mix-up... :o

15. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Hell no. Even as an avid Steelers fan, I have to admit that as far as inspirational songs go, that has to be one of the worst attempts ever.

16. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Congrats, Aldeth, and please pass them to Mrs. Foppish as well! :roll:

17. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Congrats indeed! :thumb:

18. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Congratulations, Aldeth!
    And don't worry much about being a father, everything will be perfect if you just do what you and your wife think is right; just don't let grandma spoil him/her too much :p

19. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] woot!

Any idea who the biological father is?

:p

20. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Congrats Aldeth :banana:

I've heard it's been quite popular for a while now :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.