1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A weapon to kill Kangaxx

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Dark Slayer, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Tardazor Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Minsc + WarBlade (Two handed Sword +4, you can get it with Ribald) + Protection of Magic = DemiLich a la Rashemen

2. Incarnate Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Melf's Minute Meteors hit as +5 and it works to kill Kangaxx , you only need 4-5 Melf's Minute Meteors spells and 3 or 4 Spell Immunity and if you want 1 or two Improved Haste spells ,1 extra mage is not really necessary but it speeds the process

[ December 04, 2005, 16:26: Message edited by: Incarnate ]

3. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

@Silverstar - its the only ranged weapon that a mage can use to hit Kangax. Its better to have them do something when not casting breach - even if it only hits once, that is one less hit that your fighters need to do and one less spell that kangaxx will be able to unleash. Every bit helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
  4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Well I agree that MMMs are only-way a mageling can do something useful against Kangaxx, (shame for sorcerers who do not have it, hope they have spare scrolls around) but I still do not believe that it will be enough alone to kill him. Distraction is useful though. A mage can make himself immune to Kangaxx via Spell Immunity:Abjuration and Deathward (courtesy of a priest, will SI:Necromancy work against the howl?) but will have troubles to kill him actually.

5. Incarnate Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I killed Kangaxx with MMMs at least 15 times and is the second best way I know to kill him after using the Staff of Power to stun him non stop.

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Can Staff of Power stun him? Then..then it is a pretty fearsome weapon for the most evil magi! :(

7. HairySun Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I just killed him using edwin with staff of the magi and protection from magic scroll and my main fighter/theif with the +5 sling (that doesn't need bullets) that you get from one of the added merchants (both hasted of course) ohh and a ring of the ram to blast him into a few traps i laid, I was quite proud of my resourcefulness :)

8. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

If you have a mind control circlet, you can charm him and then make him imprison himself. I think I recall one time imprisoning him in this fashion and collecting experience, setting some traps, casting freedom, and collecting experience again when the traps killed him. But that was some time ago, so my memory might be faulty.

Also, protection from undead works just as well as protection from magic. You might also consider a simple spell immunity: abjuration.

9. PrincessSuzie Gems: 3/31

I've always wanted to ask. how do I upgrade Mace of Disruption?

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Slight Spoilers!

Take the real illithium you get from Neb the child killer (during the Sir Sarles quest) and the Mace of Disruption to Cromwell in the Docks. Talk to him and he'll mention something about using the metal.

11. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

If you take the MoD+1 to Cromwell, he tells you he can upgrade it with Illethium.
    And there is a cheese to get the illethium from Sir Sarles. Search the Boards for it, I won't spoil without being asked :p

12. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Hey Shrikant, care to explain how to cheese the Illithium from Sir Sarles? ;)

13. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

You need
    • A casting of Protection from Evil 10'.
    • Scroll of Summon Dijinni/ Efreeti or Gate (since you would generally be too low level to cast the spell from memory).
    And you get the satisfaction of killing one of the more irritating charecters in the game without loss of Rep along with XP for killing the uncontrollable Demon. :evil:

You could try pickpocketing him but thats just too boring.

P.S. Another person where I use that on: Nalia's Aunt. :flaming: Die bitch! Die! :grr:

EDIT: Stupid me forgetting that Hakeashar were no more than souped up Nishruu that couldn't kill a thing :bang:

[ December 29, 2005, 10:49: Message edited by: Shrikant ]

14. PrincessSuzie Gems: 3/31

cool thanx guys :D

15. Minh So Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

*goes to Nalia's house, summons an upgraded pit fiend, runs, closes the door* :shake:

Shrikant, thank you, now there's truly nothing left with fighter stronghold.

16. The mad haggis Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I generally just turn into the slayer. He's dead (well deader) in less than a minute. Can easily live with the reputation loss as I just go back up a few good deeds later.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.