1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Age appropriateness question

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by The Great Snook, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'll second that. I read War of the Flowers only around 2 years ago but I liked it too

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Hmm, I can't remember why I thought that War of the Flowers was lame, but I did. I distinctly remember thinking that it was pretty good up until the cheesy 'go through the portal to the fairy kingdom and save the world' plot appeared...

I'd point him in the direction of The Dark Elf trilogy, or maybe some of Christopher Pike's books (which are more horror or dark fantasy, really). Ones like The Starlight Crystal, The Eternal Enemy, and Scavenger Hunt (I'm pretty sure that I read that one around the age of 11).

As for your list - I've only read a few Riftwar books but thought they were pretty bad. Sure, he might like them - they're pretty simple - but maybe a little more interesting introduction to fantasy would hook him better...

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

so basically you liked the first.. 50? pages and then gave up on it? :D i actuall preferred it when he crossed over. there was too much angst in the beginning for me :D

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I read the whole thing, I just didn't think it was very interesting.

The beginning was good because it looked like it was going to go somewhere. Instead the author just threw all that building up away and brought in a totally different and disconnected plot. Bleh - I was fine with where the other one was going.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.