1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA adventures

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Gothmog, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Mmmm... thats strange... I just logined and Roshnak was at full health!
    That screen where you pick your character showed i have -2hp... But i had full hp once i got in.

No idea how that happened :confused: :confused:

I just realised how different is to play now, having barely survived two encounters. Every guy that i havent seen yet up is a potential threat... And if he takes it seriously he can become lvl2 in no time... and the try to take me out again.
    Maybe i'm just exaggerating... i hope i am. But today i didnt dare to venture out with some guy i saw for the first time...
    :(

And another thing.... there seems to be something wrong with ironstar clan. Rugnar is accused of turnign to the dark side of the force ;) (quite similiar actualy).
    Hignar is second in power in the clan and is the one that persecutes Rugnar the most.
    He claims Rugnar confessed that he stole a dwarven baby and sacrificed him to the demoness.
    Rugnar naturaly says otherwise... that the entire clan fell to some spell of influence.

Roshnak doesnt know which to trust so he stays out of this.

If you know Cat and Tania... lovers, now former ones. Cat seems to became to like a ranger (cant remember his name) and they're quite hostile to each other now :)
    I wonder how will it turn out.

2. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

It seems to me your character was reset. Let me guess, you began outside of the front gate, even though you left the game at a very different location. And your journal was wiped. Happens to me all the time, and I thought this was normal.

That is how Falling-Leaf got his hatred for dwarves. He said he saw Rugnar summon skeletons. I don't trust Falling-Leaf however.

I got to level 2 for the first time. Orbrin is now officialy my most succesful character.

3. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Excerpt from the journal of Raina, in the lands of Cormyr:

Today at dawn, for the first time in many weeks, I knelt down in the glow of the rising sun and made my thanks to the great lord Anhur, protector of my people, my home, and my life. For this day, I am thankful to be alive.

Several weeks past, I met a man named Drake - an honourable warrior in the lands of Cormyr. He told me tale of how the orcs of the Hullack had waylaid a band of halflings travelling the woods. All were slain, but one; a halfling named Delucca. It was Drake's belief that these orcs had taken the halfling captive, and held him in their village deep within the Hullack. Drake had undertaken to gather a band together to free Delucca. Knowing the pain of being a captive myself, there was naught I could do but offering my aid to his cause.

There was little else we know of the situation. Why was Delucca captured? Where did they hold him? Was he even still alive?

Drake had been to this village once, in the company of several other strong warriors - but after facing only one of the orc warriors they counted themselves lucky to come away alive. The village is under the control of a powerful orc tribe, the Eaters of Flesh, and we quickly decided that a direct assault would mean our deaths.

To learn more we sought the services of a Diviner within the city of Arabel, a lady of great power, and many mysteries. She cast a spell of divination, and as she swayed in a deep trance, we asked our questions, but the responses were as much riddle as answer. The halfling lived, and was held in the village, under the guard of five strong orc warriors.

With these answers in mind, we set out to make our plan. Two others answered Drake's call: Talias, a warrior of Torm, and Elyas an accomplished mage. We quickly determined that the only option available to us was to get into the village without being seen, locate Delucca, and bring him out as quickly as possible. Combat with the orcs was not an option - we were too few, and the orcs far to strong. Rather than put our trust in the shadows, we obtained several potions that would render the user unseen, although not for very long.

After assessing each of our abilities, I offered that I alone should enter the village - the remainder of the group would conceal themselves in the trees outside the gate. Should any difficulties arise, they would attempt to provide enough of a distraction for me to escape. But we held no delusions: if it came to that, there would be no point standing against the orcs. A distraction is all I could hope for before the others would have to withdraw, or die.

With our preparations and our plan laid, last eve we made our attempt. We journeyed into the Hullack, and there on the road found a Purple Dragon on patrol. Although he could not leave his guard, he would offer whatever aid he could should trouble come his way - or, should we lead it to him. He also mentioned a cave that stood on the west side of the village as a likely place to look for the halfling. He then bid us the luck of the gods, and watched as we trekked north towards the village.

Not far before the village, we made our last preparations: I gathered three of the potions for myself, with one to give to Delucca so that he might leave unseen. Within sight of the village walls, Drake, Talias, and Elyas hide themselves in the brush, and then I set out alone.

Two orc guards stood watch at the gate, and showed no sign of moving from their post. The village walls, however, stood low, mayhap the height of a short man. Rather than risk alerting the guard to my presence, I took the first of my potions, and stole quietly along the edge of the wall. From within the village I could hear the sounds of many, many orcs...though I could not make out what they were saying. The stink of the place burned in my nose. I passed nearly a dozen large tents, and countless cookfires, though I shudder to think what was in the crude black pots that hung over them.

It seemed an age and half later, but I eventually made my way to the western edge of the village, where the wall joined with a rock cliff. As carefully as I could, I climbed up and over the wall. But as I pulled my trailing leg over, the rough stone of the wall caught on my trousers and I dropped clumsily to the ground! My heart pounded in my chest as I prepared myself...but nothing came to investigate and I remained undetected.

Glancing around, I saw no guards at this far edge of the village...but still I moved as cautiously as I could, though I could not bide my time. I was all too aware of the amount of time that had passed, and prayed that the effects of the potion still held.

I slunk up the side of the cliff looking for the cave, passing even more tents and campfires as I went. Some ways into the village, the sounds of orcs grew louder, and the cliff made a sharp turn into the village. Carefully, I moved along, my back near pressed to the stone.
    But as I neared the edge, a single orc came walking my way. I stopped, and held my breath. If the guard should see me, I might have a chance to kill it...but not before it raised the alarm. And so I stood, still as the stone against my back, as the orc walked slowly towards me, as yet unaware of my presence. He moved, ahh...the slowness...and then, not three steps from where I stood, he stopped. Why he stopped, I still cannot say. I had not moved, barely breathed and was well hidden within the shadows of the rock, even if the potion no longer affected me. While he stood there, looking off to the south, he began to sniff the air. Like a cruel-faced hound, he inhaled quickly and sharply, then turned towards me, snarling, and shouted out that whiteskins were in the camp. At that moment, I thought I was dead.

He cast his eyes about in my direction, several times falling directly on me, but never once focusing on me; the potion still held and he could not see me. Clearly he had caught my scent, and might even have ears enough to catch the sound of my breath, but see me he could not. Carefully, I moved to the side, back the way I had come. At first, he still looked to where he was, but then his nose betrayed me again, and he followed along. We moved like this, pause and chase, for what must have been only a few scant moments, but to me they felt an eternity. Only then I could hear the rest of the camp rousing itself - other shouts, not too distant. My time was near run out, and soon the potion would as well.

Throwing caution to the wind, I quickly downed the second of my potions, and ran for the wall. The guard came fast behind me, shouting at the top of his lungs. The wall came up before me, and I leaped, clearing it as his great axe bit into the stone. Without stopping, I ran straight back to where the others waited. The sounds of the rest of the camp were full in my ears, and I hoped that Drake and the rest still lay hidden and that the guards had not found them yet.

Fortunately, when I did reach them, all three were still behind the trees. They did not know I was there until, through ragged breaths, I said that the campe was roused, and I had failed. The words were barely off my lips when several orcs came running from the gate. Three we killed...attacking them quickly with every bit of deadly force we could muster. But there were more behind, and we fled back to the road where we hoped the Purple Dragon waited. When we approached the road, we found more than we had hoped: Boden the Purple Dragon, and with him four members of the Northern Rangers. And behind us, near a dozen orcs, among them spellcasters. The fight was furious, but quick. With the aid of the rangers great bows, we cut the orcs down. We quickly moved back down and away from the trail to the village...more orcs would soon follow, and we had exhausted our share of luck for that day. We bid our thanks to the rangers, counted ourselves lucky and left the woods behind us.

Despite what my compansions say - all of whom I would put my full trust in - I failed them, and the halfling Delucca. Things could have been far worse, but I will say my thanks that we four all lived out the day. We will find a way to get the halfling back.

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] These stories are good! Keep them coming! Here's what happened in Daggerdale last night in the undead town of Teshmere:

As Rem approached the dead town, he could already smell the stench of death and decay on the air. He was late, and it appeared the battle had begun without him. He tightened his helm and loaded his crossbow has he stepped through the the gateway to Teshmere, he could already see the bodies of the undead strewn here and there in the open courtyard. He gripped his crossbow tightly, fearful that one of the sleepless dead would materialize out of the low hanging fog at any moment. Finally, he heard familiar voices just ahead.

Just at the edge of his view, he could see several Dalesfolk spread out in a wide circular pattern in the widest courtyard in Teshmere. Glen Eyre, the Lathanderite whose quest brought us to this accurs-ed place, Ariana the stealthy, Anysha the mage, Falling-Leaf, Elrazek (Yes, I remembered your full name from when I arrested you for the elf-murder along with Artanis), Yuki Spell-Cold, Ivan Riftwind, Thirag the Dwarf, Holger, Krog the half-orc, Aeron Teglen, Axel Graymantle, Lorna Shadowweaver, and Mary could be seen scanning the perimeter, looking for the shambling dead as they appeared from the old, ruined buildings of the once idyllic town of Teshmere.

They came in waves, Shadowy wraiths and spectres flittered through the night sky and armored and unadorned skeletons swarmed from the darkened doorways of the houses. Zombies lurched slowly toward the Dalesfolk bent on wrenching the limbs from the assembled party. Vampires and mummies also brought the prospect of hideous undeath to the attackers. The priests in the group used their divine power to drive off the hideous creatures, but it only deterred them a short time. Anysha even changed into a stout warrior and battled the foul monsters sword to claw! An impressive mage, to be sure.

As the warriors and priests struggled in a toe to toe battle with the evil undead, the lighter armored archers continued to peck away at the approaching creatures. During the heat of battle, Rem noticed that Elrazek, or El, as most of the Dalesfolk knew him, did not attack the undead minions, and he watched from a safe distance as the others fought bravely to end the menace that has darkened Teshmere for years. In great bursts of magic, divine power, and sheer force, the adventurers continued to advance through the town. Looking back, Rem wished he had realized the possibility of treachery sooner and raced toward the Shrine holding Lathander’s Mace. To the party’s future dismay, he did not…

As Rem continued toward the Shrine, he noticed El and Holger reach it at almost the same time. El stooped to pick something off of the shrine floor, as Holger procliamed “Mine Now!” Then El froze for a moment and….Just disappeared. As the rest of the party approached, their confursion was apparent. Several party members shouted: “Where is the Mace? What happened to it?” Rem began to wonder if it was hidden in one of the decrepit buildings, and began peering inside each one. After searching a few, he realized the commotion was gone, and everything was deathly quiet. Well, except for the hideous moaning.

As Rem turned the corner of one of the buildings, he saw three shambling corpses with rotting bandages hanging from them, walking slowly, but menacingly, to ward he and Holger, who he just noticed was nearby. “Mummies”, Rem thought. And just as he did one of them began an incantation, and suddenly, all Rem’s magical protections were gone! Suddenly wanting more lively company, Rem ran toward Teshmere gate, with the mummies slowly gaining on him. To his horror, Rem found the doors locked!

He banged at the door in vain, shouting to the Dalesfolk to open the gates. But the mummies crept ever closer. As they neared, Rem bolted away from them as fast as his feet would take him. Luckily, the mumies could not match his pace, as he slipped into the shadows of a nearby stone structure. As he turned the corner, he could hear the creak of the gates as they opened, the sounds of battle pierced the night as Rem’s companions returned.

By the time he reached the gate, the mummies were defeated and the gate was closed behind him as he emerged. The party was still discussing the loss of the mace, when the demon in red appeared. Horns showing, and in full glory, she gloated over the assembled band. “The Mace is gone, and I am free! Nothing can harm me now! I am the daughter of Orcus, and I will rule this Dale!” she taunted as she disappeared to torture unwary souls in the night. At that same moment, a vampire and several skeletal warriors began pounding the Teshmere Gate, demanding freedom. As Rem was moving toward the gate to parlay with these curious creatures, a terrible thing happened.

Anysha released a fireball on the party! Chaos reigned as the flames enveloped several party members. Rem was singed, but was able to avoid most of flaming carnage. Several of the party members were not so lucky. Aeron, Krog, Lorna, and an elf Rem did not recognize lay dead from the explosion. Most of the other members were injured to various degrees as they looked on Anysha with alarm. Had they been betrayed a second time?

Rem, in his rage and fear, lashed out at Anysha, for the murderous thing she had done. To his shock and surprise, Anysha had no explanation for the attack. As they continued to bicker among themselves, the vampire behind the gate began to shout for her release. Rem cautiously approached the Gate, and demanded the location of the Mace. The vampire must have been listening to what happened moments before, because she claimed that Anysha had stolen the Mace. Ariana look the mage’s pack and rifled through it. She found nothing.

Glen rebuked the vampire as a lying spirit, and the party prepared to open the gates and dispatch the hellspawn. Luckily, dawn approached, leaving only the skeletons behind, shouting to be freed. Just as someone opened the Teshmere Gate, Dain Ironstar appeared, and bore the full brunt of the skeletal assault. These skeletons were much stronger than the party had yet seen, they sliced through our ranks. Before anyone realized what was happening, Dain and Glen Eyre fell. The rest fought bravely, but were no match for these powerful undead. With two of their number chasing him, Rem fled south toward the Red Rock. Suddenly ashamed, he gethered his courage and made his way back toward Teshmere toward an unknown fate.

Upon reaching the gate of Teshmere, Rem found Anysha, Falling-Leaf, and the rest of the band standing over the bodies of the fallen. Anysha said that she had saved the party from the skeletal minions, but Rem was still distrustful of her. He said that she would stand trial for the murder of so many Dalesfolk that dared the town of Teshmere that day. She said she would submit to the trial, but also hinted that she could defeat the assembled band either way. As if to signal the end of the days’ venture, Yuki picked up one victim and began the slow, painful walk back to Dagger Falls. Each survivor took one of the fallen and returned to Dagger Falls to raise who they could. “A tragic, awful night” he whispered to himself as he hanged his head under the weight of Dain's body.

5. Mesmero

Somehow, I feel sorry that I wasn't able to join the battle.

Can we expect a book called 'The glorious adventures of Rem Stoneybrook', written by Sir Belisarius in a few years? Great story :thumb:

6. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] The next installment:

*********************************************************************** Freedom Fighters Headquarters: Morning *******************************************************************

Rem laid Dain on the cold marble floor of the Hall. He looked about the place with dismay; there were so many bodies! “We can’t possibly raise them all!” His mind screamed at the sad duty to choose who would be raised was done. Yuki had already restored Krog the Half-Orc as she walked up to Rem asking for Dain. Rem silently pointed to the dwarf lying peacefully on the ground. A silent prayer and a quick invocation of her deity, Dain was restored to life. The sight of Dain’s eyes blinking wildly filled Rem with a few moments of happiness.

Silinia, the priestess in the Hall called out for Glen Eyre, proclaiming that his service to Lathander was not yet fulfilled. Glen’s body was laid at her feet as she began the spell that would bring him back. A few moments later, Glen was up and asking who he should repay for his return. Rem as well as a few others explained that it was Lathander’s will that he be brought back to fulfill his obligation. As he took this news, his face set with grim determination. Now was the time to sort out the nights’ events. Did El steal the Mace for some evil purpose? Why did Anysha loose that fireball on the party? Why was Falling-Leaf protecting her? Unfortunately, none of the people that could answer these questions were anywhere to be seen.

The remaining party members and onlookers milled about the Hall and discussed the evening’s events and what should be done about Anysha and El. Axel cursed Anysha for the death of his love, Lorna. Glen and Rem decided to search for El, Anysha, and Falling-Leaf, to find answers to the questions that plagued their minds. The pair started for the River Gate to begin their search.

Rem stared at the tree near the gate as he loaded his crossbow. The “Traitor’s Tree” he called it now, remembering all the nights he had seen El sitting under it. El’s disappearance, and the loss of the Mace seemed to be too much of a coincidence. Besides, he thought, how much did he know the human, anyway? He may have been a Zhent spy. Who knows? Rem’s thought was interrupted by the sight of Falling-Leaf walking into his field of view.

Rem and Glen walked up to the mysterious elf as he sat down on the rock overlooking the River Gate’s campfire. “Where is your charge?” Rem asked, wondering where Anysha had gone. “She will not appear until she has rested. I told her not to yield to your city’s laws, but she believes it is a matter of honor. She will return in due time.” Leaf said in his seemingly condescending tone. Still angry about his guarding of Anysha earlier, Rem challenged Leaf, and why he did such a thing, knowing a little about the following he’s chosen for his life. Leaf replied that he and his companions are guardians of the other races, and particularly those he finds useful and competent. After his reply, Rem asked him what he thought about Anysha’s actions, and El’s disappearance.

“I believe someone closed the gate as Anysha was firing her magic into the town, but it hit the gate and exploded” Leaf said. He also believed El was a Zhent spy that should be hunted down and killed. “So I take it ye are on our side in this?” Rem asked hopefully. Leaf nodded. When I confided that Glen and I were planning to hunt for him, Leaf said that he thought El would make for the Northern Zhent Outpost, and then to the desert. When I said we should make haste and form a hunting party, Leaf wisely offered: “We need no warparty to find one man, two stealthy hunters could do the job as easily as an army.” Rem nodded at the wisdom of the plan.

Glen watched the pair start off at a trot toward the Northern border of the Dale. The pain of failure in the initial part of his quest was evident on his face. Yet he seemed determined to see it through. As Rem and Leaf passed Teshmere, they paused to view the inside of the town. Rem, standing on Leaf’s shoulders, could see the undead minions continuing to choke the town with their numbers. There was more work to do there.

******************************************************************** North Daggerdale: The Zhent Merchant Outpost ***********************************************************

Rem huffed a bit as they neared the outpost. Leaf had driven him hard, and he was unused to running such long distances with few stops. But they made it. Luckily the cover of darkness hid their movements as they approached the stockade wall. Leaf noted that the guard was double the normal strength, meaning that perhaps his hunch was right, and El WAS here. The pair stayed to the shadows as they passed several Zhent guards, moving toward the gated entrance to the stronghold. Rem peered through slits in the wood, but could not see any sign of the traitor he believed to be El.

As they huddled near the gate, they decided to check the border for signs of El’s crossing to the dune sea. As they crept past the guards, Rem snapped an unseen twig. He stopped abruptly. The nearest guard brought his crossbow to bear and shot Rem through the chest, he grabbed the bolt as he tried to run away, feeling his life draining from him from the near fatal wound. The guards continued to fire away at him as he and Leaf round the corner of the fort. Leaf, true to his word, guarded Rem by firing into the nearest guard with his mighty bow, felling him in a few shots, giving Rem time to drink a potion of invisibility.

Concealed from view, Rem rummaged through his pack. He found what he was looking for, and drained the bottle in one long draught. Immediately he felt whole again! His strength returned. Loading his crossbow, he crept up behind the nearest Zhent and let loose his bow. The surprise attack caught the Black Agent squarely in the back. He screamed horribly as he died. Leaf and Rem continued the assault. In a few moments, the outer guard was gone.

They decided to test the inner defenses, as Leaf opened the gate and peered inside. Rem looked too, and saw several guards and a robed figure carrying a wand. Rem mouthed “mage,” and Leaf nodded. They quickly decided not to press their luck and closed the gate. Rem used his considerable knowledge as a locksmith to lock and jam the gate. He winked and grinned at Leaf as he did so. With that, the pair melded back into the shadows as they had come.

Well beyond the Zhent Outpost, the hunters trotted toward the border of Daggerdale. Leaf used his tracking skills to search for signs of El’s passage. A concerned look fell over him as the rain flooded down, ruining any attempt to read the tracks. Thwarted yet again, Rem exclaimed: “Everything that could go wrong, HAS gone wrong!” Leaf nodded in exasperation. They decided to head to Dagger Springs for the night to rest.

As they sat in the Greenspring Inn speaking with Yuki about all that had happened, Rem decided to return to Dagger Falls to report to Lord Morn. As he left, Rem thanked Leaf for helping him this night. Leaf replied in his usual quiet voice: “It was good to have competent company.” Rem smiled to himself as he walked out the Inn’s door.

7. Gothmog

Uhm... Bel...

Krog never even came to Teshmere. He was the first victim of the undead. He fell right outside the Red Rock.
    And i was there in Teshmere all the time ;) Roshnak that is.

And when you were fleeing from the skeleton warriors that killed Glen and Dain i was always in front of you ;) :D Got back in one piece though.

And there were some more mummies and even two greater mummies on our way to Teshmere. Not to mention few werewolves and one greater one.

Otherwise Mightily fine written :thumb:

Oh, yeah another thing....
    When we were outside the Red Rock organising Glen took the lead. He made a suggestion to split ourselves into two groups.. one strong and the other weaker. To protect low-levels who still wish to be part of this story. Lots didnt go anyway.

Oh, and even before that when we were still in the inn, someone heard something at the door. He went to look and came back screaming that undead are approaching. We came out sliced skeletons and then three more werewolves.
    Turns out that what he heard must've been that vampire listening to our battle plans :(

Oh, Roshnak was entrusted to form the second group of weaker adventurers :) Roshnak proud! :D

[ August 05, 2003, 23:11: Message edited by: Gothmog4230 ]

8. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Like I said...I was late. I didn't actually see anything happen prior to my appearance inside Teshmere. Rem had a clear walk to the Teshmere Gate.

9. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] My writing is not nearly as good as Bels, but I had a minor scare event this morning that I figured I would share, especially since a fellow SP-er was involved.

I was walking towards White Chalk Hallow when I met Yuki near the road. We talked for awhile about El and her "sister" Ms Fireball ;) when Roshnak came out of the village dripping with blood.

He had just come from the kobold cave and had dared the dangers alone. After chiding him, Yuki healed him up, and we prepared to go our separate ways. As she left, she hesitated, and in flurry of incantations bestowed many blessings of Mystra upon me and the half-orc.

Roshnak and I immediately headed into the wilds of the Tesh Valley, looking for traces of El's passage, and also hoping to test our metal against some of the Dale's foes. Near the lizard cave we met Miss Fireball herself, and after a nice talk went into the cave together, only to find it completely empty. The kindly mage boosted our magical endowments and sent us on our way, telling us not to get in over our heads.

Who said dwarves and half-orcs were bad listeners? Taking her advice, we proceeded directly to the lands of the bugbear tribes.
    At first, resistance was light, and a few goblinoid bodies lined the path. Deeper into the caves, however, we met stiffer resistance and some of the magical wards began to fail. One mighty bugbear hit me directly on the bridge of the nose with his great axe, penetrating the stoneskin I was wearing and almost taking my life.

Foolishly we pressed on, and our folly nearly was the end of us. Opening a door, we entered a chamber where bugbears began to swarm around Roshnak, lead by a mighty beast. I targeted the leader, but my weapons had no effect. Roshnak strove mightily with the creatures, but his magical wards began to fail him, and his blood covered the ground as he fought.

Turning to flee, the mighty half-orc took off down a side passage, but my way to it was blocked. I would have to fight my way through the horde to follow him. So breathing a prayer to Silvanus and all Lords of the Forge I chose my own path and beat a cautious but steady path towards the exit.

I still don't know what happened to Roshnak. After he separated from me I lost sight and sound of him. I can only assume the worst. As for me, I nearly made it to the light of day without further incident ... when I saw the mighty leader of the bugbears blocking my path.

I darted around the other side of the staircase and hoped to take the hit I knew I would get running past him and still win the daylight ... but the beast spoke! "Stop!" he commanded. "Come here." The way being blocked I knew my life was forfeit so I took a deep breath, walked near the beast and said, "Aye."

"Aye?" the monster mocked. "You invade my tribes homeland and all you can say is 'Aye'?"

My knuckles with a white grip on my club I took another trembling breath and said, "I supposed I'm speechless."

He cut my excuses short with a threat to cut out my tongue leaving me forever speechless. Then stooping down to look me in the eyes he commanded me to drop my equipment. Armor, shield, club, sling and healing potions where dropped to the floor. Naked in the cave I shivered more from fear than from the cold.

"Run fool, run back and tell the rest of the dale that the bugbears are not to be trifled with."
    Knowing the I had a chance to survive, I dared a question. "Who should I say sends this message."

The beast roared with foul laughter. "I am Gralg, now run!" And ran I did. I made it outside and blessedly found no guards outside the cave.

I was preparing for the long, unarmed and naked walk back to White Chalk when a friendly voice echoed off the cave. "What are you doing here Cromasis?"

Around the corner came Voran, accompanied by his bear and Jacho. Thanking Silvanus, I told him of my encounter with Gralg. Voran now rebuked me for my foolishness even entering the cave, while Jacho got a look on his face and mumbled about taking a look at this beast for himself.

Yelling so the beast I knew still lurked inside would hear, I said, "I officially, on the record advise against going into that cave. They are led by Gralg and are not to be disturbed."

Jacho ignored me, entered the cave ... only to reappear a moment later a bit paler than before saying, "I see what you were talking about!"
    Another blessing, Voran had a spare set of cloaths, and though the fit is bad, it covered my nakedness for the long walk back to the village.

Unarmed, nearly unarmored, out of spells and with my noble bear Rug off licking his wounds, I was as defenseless as a cub.

A lesson in humility was gained today, as well as a lesson in the limits of magic.

I only wonder how Roshnak fared .... may Silavnus have mercy on his soul.

10. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Great Story!!!! That was awesome!

It's amazing how much money Mathetais's characters cost his friends.

11. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Taemarya Vion - Head junior Druid ( not sure how to put it to writing :( )

The Spirit war goes badly among the druids of the circle, for every one spirit that is placated, the adventurers and commoneres stir up 10 more, it is a never ending battle.

And thus, have the high druid and her second in command, Lady Arien, decided to summon this meeting.

That day I felt strangely drawn towards the shrine of Silvanus, within the border forest, and so after the treck north did I arrive at the beautiful town of Dagger Springs. Taking my time to enjoy the fresh air, and the calmness, a change from my normal station of River Gate. I trekked on into the fringes of the forest. I knew the way like the back of my hand, and soon arrived. To be greated by the voices of two others, familer voices. And in this time of troubles, it was a kind thing to hear. Smileing inwardly, I strode on to be greated by the smiles of Lady Arien and Master Druid Voran.

But I was not the only one to waltz into the forests that day, in fact, I was only the first, my arival was soon followed by another, figure. Cloaked, I did not bother to question his appearence with Lady Arien here, I am sworn to protect here, with my life, if need be. The way the cloaked figure carried himself, the fact that he was just under a head shorter then myself. He was definately an elf, so I believed there to be no threat, in fact, I myself am the only estemed druid, with pure elven blood in my veins, but it bothers me not.

Casting smiles at the others, I sat down in the shade a small sapling, and watched. Something interesting had begun happening, and I was sure to be appart of it. I did not know how big, however, until high Druid Astra, most estemed, ventured into our midst. After a word with Arien, the final member of our group was summoned by falcon, head Ranger <insert name that Frosty can't remember>.

I felt the odd one out, especially when it seemed that Astra knew everyone except myself, when asked, I stept forward and proundly proclaimed that I was Taemarya Vion, Servant of Silvanus, and hopeful candidate of the circle of seven Daggers. Smiling, she nodded at me kindly and I stept back to place. Then she turned to the cloaked figure...

"Lukis..." Lukis, I had heard that name... but wasn't he... the drow removed his cloak to show his dark ebony skin and silver snow white hair. But I was not as bothered as the elves. He had been summoned, and if he had been summoned, by the most estemed High Druid, perhaps he was worthy of my trust, if a little. Astra told us of how her superior, had been taleing Lukis for near a year in animal form, and had found him suitable for entrance to the circle... Just think, a drow within our midst. And now I call him brother.

Astra told us, of how the Spirit war wavers, and falls. The druids placate one and ten more rise due to the inconsiderable commoners and adventurers. And so... what to do. The most remarkable yet. We are to stop the mis use of nature, we are to go out, and teach, after all, Astra told me, even monsters have the the right to live. The thought of it... let nature be the teacher, and we her faithful pupils, and now man kind has taken over the role of sudent, and we are to teach them to respect and understand. It is a hard and toilsome task, and we are few. The senior members have been asigned areas, Dark Wood, Border wood, the mountains, and the tesh valley. As commanded by Astra, i am to take my junior druids, and to assign them to Ranger groups, who patrol the countryside, like panthers on the prowl for prey. I myself will aid in this task, but I must stay close to Dagger Springs, should Arien need aid I shall be close at hand. Especially after the events that happened next.

We were bringing our meeting to an end, Astra left, turning deeper into the forest, and we hang around for a while. Who should appear but Morf, one of my Junior druids, whom I must admit, I do not like much, he has a tendency to get... carried away. But never the less, he had been followed, by two warriors. Warriors, might I add, who had just tresspassed on a circle meeting, the most spiritual activity that we undertake, druid meetings, are for druid matters, and druis peoples, only. Astras body guards warned them that to come further would be their deaths. A half Orc by the name of Krog, and a human, by the name of Ivan. But they left, if reluctantly.

Arien, Lukis, head Ranger, Morf and myself headed back to Dagger springs, and to the inn. I myself was standing guard by the door, and I watched the two adventurers wonder in... the saw Brother Lukis. Without his cloak. The imbecil half Orc drew axe, and refused to put it down. Even worse, when he heard us calling Lukis... Brother. *sigh* Wether the cause of two much liquor, or the half orcens over active imagination. I later heard the rumour that the imbecil believed all the circle to be drow under gnomeish enchantments. But now the senior druids have been sent to their designated areas, and head druid and I shall work out patrols.

I still wonder how many times I shall be called drow whence I return to Dagger Falls, to spread the word of Balance, and anti hunting. Hmm, no easy task, and Rumours spread faster then ivy through the dales.

I leave this as the last warning to those who continue to defy our word and teachings, to fight in self defense is common sense. But those who hunt with the perpose of death and blood on their hands, I leave this, If you are allowed to hunt, then so are we.

A very long writing, sorry, but this actually happened. And we have meetings every tenday to discuss our problems. I don't envy the senior druids.

Sidenote: Not sure if its happened or whatever, but if theres any SP quests, then give me a time, and count Tae in! If that is, you have need of the limited healing and Aezan (hawk) that she can offer. (Being on holiday is so inconvenient!)

12. Mesmero

About that SP quest; It hasn't happened yet and I'm not sure it will ever happen. I send a PM to Memneth, and she didn't seem all that positive about it. Besides that, there is a small chance, I won't be a player for much longer *cough* http://www.alandfaraway.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=11181 *cough*

13. Gothmog

[​IMG] ((continuing the story of Mathetais, with bugbears))

I fought the battle i already knew i cannot win... One immensely strong bugbear with two of his lackeys kept bashing on my magicaly made skin, quickly wearing it off and few times even breach it to strike me. Even more there were three bugbears who did not look all that strong but they wielded powerful fizzies instead. I slew one of them but by that time my fizzy protections went out one by one by the terrible strenght of the monsters.
    I saw Cromasis wisely stand outside the reach of the big blade their chieftain wielded, and persistenly drive his bullets through monsters hard skin... however enraged as they were they did not seem to notice at all.

Soon we figured we cannot hope to win. The only thing there was to do was to run as fast as we could... and hope those creatures dont bring their crossbows to bear.... and that those who had thier flassihes ran out of them.

As we ran Roshnak did not know where we came in.... he got lost the first minute he entered these caverns with endless tunels crossing, turning, circling,... We got seperated. I ran blindly not even looking where i went just to get out of their reach. Dwarf obviously knew better than me... he went back the way we came. I know not what came to him then.

As i ran i suddenly did not hear any more running behind me. I stoped and listened intensely... nothing. I went a bit on and found a little bigger cavern where i hid in the hole in the wall. I drank one potion i've been saving up till now for occasions like these,... not nearly enough to close my wounds. I decided i am hidden enough in this seemingly far end of their caves... i could hear nothing but bats no matter how long as i listened. There i slept for a few hours.... recovered as much as i could with the help of the herbs and some bandages.
    When i woke i searched through my backpack... I found what i've been looking for. A very valuable potion the merchant said can make you blend with the surroundings... and none can see you.
    I drank it. Then i removed all my weapons and armor. It would do me no good with what i intended. Then i just ran... i was not to be seen and i just hoped i would not see any more monsters. I knew i could not resist them very long in state as i were in. Besides i knew not how long the potion lasts.

After a few minutes of blind roaming through the maze of tunnels i found a way out.

The rest of the journey was quite uneventful. And now i search for madam Yuki who can patch even the most grave wound. :)

I had a great idea today... Roshnak needs money to buy himself even bigger blade than the one he already has... Tania will sell it to him.

Now i could just kill monsters and get their loot and sell it. But thats not all that interesting.

I'd make a tournament. No magic, just plain fighting and nothing else. So this would be primary inteded for warriors, but if a spellcaster wants to fight she can too.... just without magic.
    Now there would be bets. 50gp minimum (or more). Both contestands would put their money to the judge. The winner takes full amount from every fight. I'd alsofight in a pit or something, rather than in river gate ;)

Now safety measures... A powerful cleric should be around to heal the fighters once the fight is over. Yuki comes to mind... i'll ask her if Kipper accepts this tournament of mine :)

And about deaths.... naturaly there would be deaths with a guy with 1hp and a hit that brings him below -10. I wouldnt want that....so.... Yuki could make amulets (or something) to heal character when he's below -10. Basicaly it could work something like respawn without the loss of XP and gold. I've no idea if this can be even done...I'm no expert in toolset.

Hell, we could even do mass battles! Winner takes all :)

I emailed this to Kipper... I'll see what he says about this :D

14. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Mesmero, you're going to apply to be a DM? Cool!

I think there is a portal to the Valley of Lost Voices on Daggerdale. If/when my dwarf dies, I'm working up a moonelf cleric. When the VoLV is live, I'd like to be able to go back and forth between the two.

15. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I've been thinking of throwing my hat into the DM ring...After last night, I really want to.

16. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Pretty soon we'll have all DMs and just one or two lame players.

17. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

BTA ... you're not jumping to the dark side, are ya?

18. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No, I'm one of the couple of lame players :)

19. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] But you're cute and cuddly and we love having you around!

20. Mesmero

I actually already applied for this position, and the best news is, that there is only one other guy interested. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the next few days. I'll let you know when I receive any news from the VoLV HDM. Did you ever notice that from the 4 DMs VoLV currently has, that two are dutch, including the HDM? Maybe they can change the name from Vale of Lost Voices to Dutchdale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.