1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA adventures

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Gothmog, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Good luck with your Application - hope to see you on ALFA soon.

I'd suggest starting somewhere other than Daggerdale. This isn't a comment on that server at all, but the other servers, especially ones like Baldur's Gate or Arabel, could really use some players.

I'd also suggest to any of the current SP players to move around and choose another server when your current character dies. The DMs on other servers have done a fantastic job, but sadly it will go to waste if no one plays there.

2. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I've been thinking about traveling to other places... I'm just not sure i'll do that with Roshnak.

Anyway, i was thinking about it for a while now... And i think in ALFA mental stats (int, wis, cha) mean more or at least the same as physical attributes.

Tell me... What do you think?

And.... I HATE point buy!!! :flaming: :mad: :flaming:

3. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I am actually also a bit tired of Daggerdale. Always the same areas, always the same people, but I think it is still a great server to start on. I will certainly move to another server, but maybe with other ambitions than playing... I'll keep you notified.

4. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Daggerdale is good, but has a very high player:DM ratio. If we could get out own personal SP DM, that would rock!

Some people suggest TVS (The Vast Swamp) as a good starting area. Its tough, but if you learn to survive there, you can survive anywhere.

On a side note, Cromasis Thundermount made 3rd level for me just now. This is a new record!

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] That's pretty good! Math! Congrats...I'll see what I can do about the SP-friendly DM ;)

6. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Gothmog: Depending on how you play your character, Int, Wis, and Cha are frequently more important than Str, Dex, or Con. While the physical stats help an awful lot with your immediate survival, the 'mental' or social stats will greatly enhance your character's abitlity to develop.

Math: Congrats on making 3rd :) Feels good doesn't it?

I highly recommend TVS, or Arabel to start on. They're both great servers: excellent DMs who have done a wonderful job building their little piece of Faerun. TVS has a good solid core of players, and the number of players on Arabel is growing daily. Waterdeep is also a good server. I haven't spent much time at all on Baldur's Gate but I've heard good things about it.

7. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Now that I'm 3rd, I'm thinking of making a side trip to Arabel or the Swamp. What do you think Gnolly? Too deadly for a bad gamer like me, or at 3rd will I have a reasonable shot at making it back alive?

8. fyernine Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Got word today that they've let me in. That was pretty damn quick. :)
    I'll see you guys in a couple of weeks (Thought I'd apply before I went on holiday becoz I'd heard it takes a while to be processed).
    Still, it gives me something to look forward to whent he holiday ends!

9. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Congratulations! That's good to hear. A player comes in...One goes out.

*** I am the newest ADM for the Daggerdale Server 032! I just found out this morning! It looks like it'll be a lot of work, but it should be fun! See you all in the Dale! ;) ***

10. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] Cool man!!! :eek: :eek:

Congratulations :thumb:

p.s.
    Please dont spawn liches on me when i'm hunting dagger hills :heh:

11. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I built a Tarresque!!!

12. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] Wow Bel, that's great (*whisper "I need a magic scimitar*) I wish you the best of luck (*whisper "give me mega xp for doing nothing*) you are the most brilliant and intellectually able DM the server has ever seen (*whisper, "lots of naked girls ... lots of them ... all who dream of ugly dwarves in naughty ways*) ;)

13. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Woohoo! Gratz Bel!

*(Whispers) Magical leather armor please.*

Anyway! I guess I'm going to start having to play on ALFA a lot more to see the masterful DM at work :p

14. Mesmero

Congratulations Bel.

Same for me please. :p

15. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] And another one finds the lure of the DarkSide too hard to resist. :evil: Bwaahaaa. Congrats Sir Bel.

16. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Frostbite, you don't need Bel to give you magical leather armor. You're a Ranger right? You can get Studded Leather +1 (though it's not called that) that's only useable by Rangers from a particular store. If you haven't found it, talk to Hallen, I'm sure he'd be happy to inform you. It isn't cheap though.

See you in-game Bel! Start thinking about quests for me to get my friggen bows repaired dammit! ;)

17. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

I guess it would look suspicious if all us SP-ers ended up with glowing, flaming weapons, uber armor and hords of NPC groupies ... not that I'd mind ;)

18. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    BTA - I don't think "Hollywood" Hallen Rwn needs a magic bow...He breaks all the ones he gets. ;)

19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ha! Ain't THAT the truth! I hardly got any use out of the Masterwork one, and even less out of the +1 before they broke! I'm cursed!

I should become a Mageslayer; I obviously have a knack for ruining magic stuff that's ruinable! :)

20. Mesmero

I had my first PvP today. Some people always say that they need to get a life, I actually should get less of a life. I'm not spending enough time on ALFA lately.

Anyhow this is how it went:
    There was this guy named Katahdhin Pinkham, who was placing traps around the campfire, in front of my nose. I asked him what he was doing, I asked him repeatedly to stop placing traps, and then he puts a trap almost underneath a Freedom Fighter. The Freedom Fighter walked into a few traps and was dead. I said I was going to arrest him, and he fired an arrow at me. I chased after him, and walked into one of his traps myself. After one of my carefully placed axes, he was surrendering, and as a paladin, I felt like I could not kill him now. I arrested him, and he agreed to come with me to the Freedom Fighters headquarters, but just before we went into the city, Babras came out of the city and killed him. Babras was hunting this thief down for a while, because he had stolen something from someone.

When I was warning this thief about the traps, my heart was beating like a hammer. I thought to myself that this could be my death, if he was much stronger than me. Appearently, he was not. I'm glad Babras killed him. What was I supposed to do when I got to the Freedom Fighters HQ, and there wasn't a DM around to actually put him in jail?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.