1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

All clerical party?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by kuemper, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Find any Sunstone Bullets yet? Also, playing with the Scarlet Ninja-To, I've found that poison works just as well as acid. If you purchase some poisoned throwing daggers for Jaheira, your problems could be over.

If all else fails, have Aerie memorize some fire and acid spells. Burning Hands, Melf's, Quayle's Scorcher, Fireball, Flame Arrow, etc. Not to mention any Wands of Fire you can find, or Potions of Fiery Burning or Explosions.

2. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I would have gone with a Gnome Cleric / Illusionist. This would of provided you with some arcane casting and if you select LN as your alignment when you hit BG2 you have a familar that has 2 good thieving skills. Picket Pocket and Dectect Traps. But a Cleric / Thief is also good choice since you do not have a thief in your group now.

3. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Cernd's quest really isn't that hard at the beginning of the game. specially since he doesn't have to worry about his dropped equipment to kick butt in the fight against the shadow druid lady(can't think of her name for the life of me right now).

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I mean about his baby, not Faldorn.

No sunstone bullets. I think we'll duke it out with Flame Blades and Fireballs and avoid unnecessary contact with trolls.

5. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

oh the one about his Son. No. I didn't find that one hard at all. Rather surprisingly easy fight for me it was.

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Burning hands is the easiest and cheapest way to kill trolls, it does noticable damage too if the victim fails its save vs spells.

You are a thief right? Why don'T you pickpocket something? Ofcourse you are CG, thus you will do it for the greater good. :p

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Pickpocket what? I want to get my party together first before doing other things. I really don't want to think about breaking the trade embargo. We aren't ready for that yet.

EDIT: Questions, questions.

I had a hard time with the trolls. Why does my C/T get Flame Blade while Anomen, Viccy and Aerie do not? How bad@$$ is Cernd's werewolf form? Claw damages? Are they magical or what?

[ February 16, 2006, 21:54: Message edited by: kuemper ]

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Can and will anyone tell me about Cernd's werewolf form concerning his claws - damages, magical, etc.?

9. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I think Ease of Use mod's readme explained the werewolf's complete abilities, and they were somehow inferiour. Gotta look!

10. Prine Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Pretty crappy. 1D6 plus nothing, enchanted as +2 for determining what it can hit. Same weapon for werewolves and greater werewolves. I don't understand why folks think shapeshifters are good, their shapeshifted forms are quite subpar. They don't even regenerate (though if they did it'd cause a stutter bug), but at least they get 3 attacks per round as greater werewolves I guess.

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Yeah, he's been rotten shapeshifted with the exception of his fight with Faldorn. I'd rather have his spells.

Anyone know the deal about Flame Blade? Why my PC can cast it, but the other clerics can't?

Does Aerie only get 7th level spells with her 16 Int?

12. Felinoid

They're not supposed to, and neither are you (in BG2, anyway). I would say it's an import thing since clerics can get Flame Blade in BG1, but you didn't import, so I'm guessing that maybe BG2 makes an allowance for that with new characters (even though that makes no sense at all). If I had been doing it I would have just removed the spell instead of giving it to all new chars, but...*shrug*
    Yes and no. Yes, she should stop there, but no she won't. :D Even a wizard with 9 INT can get 9th level spells in BG2, since the spell level cap isn't implemented.

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Before I get too far into my game, I have weapon questions. I have ideas about what weapons 3 of my party are going to use, but the other half is confusing.

Jaheira - Firetooth throwing dagger, Boneblade, Belm and Spectral Brand
    Cernd - his staff, Crimson dart, Staff of the Woodlands, Staff of the Ram and Arvoreen's sling
    Aerie - Everard's sling, SotM, cleric's staff

Anomen, Viccy and myself are the hard ones. Anomen will be tanking with Jaheira. Here's what I was thinking for them:

Anomen - sling, FoA, Crom Faeyr (special occasions)
    Viccy - sling, Skullcrusher mace
    Peko - sling, Gnasher, Blackblood

I think Anomen will make the best use of FoA. Peko might use Crom, too. Ideas? Suggestions?

14. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Why don't you dual-wield? Dual-wielding CF with FoA is very powerful!

You need a lot of good slings, 5 people wants to use sling in your party! :eek: That is too much! Then again this is your divine party, so...hope you find enough good slings AND bullets! ;)

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Can/will someone post any other cleric/druid mods NPCs available? I know about Alison from RPG Dungeon. Viconia left after I gave her the what-for in a *Romance Dialogue*!!! :eek: No, I don't have 'Romance Reguardless of Gender' from EoU installed.

16. Felinoid

Azure is a druid with a wolf companion.
    Hublepot is a min-minned druid focusing on banters.
    Kari is a half-kobold druid whose personality is supposedly a toned-down version of Aerie, and won't throw her problems in your face.
    Wikaede is a One-Day NPC cleric who has pretty much the works (interjections, banter) but no actual quests or romance.

17. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Half-kobold? Her father is a Human Cleric of Sune and mother is a..kobold, you mean, KOBOLD?

Ooohkay, first gay kensais, now half-kobolds, I must admit, the people in CoM are REALLY creative! :roll:

18. Felinoid

Or just especially deviant. ;) Hmm, maybe that would be a better place to pitch some of the stuff in the "Glad Party" thread.

(P.S. BTW, Nathaniel does come from CoM, but Chloe is from SHS.)

19. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Ok, my bad, so Chloe is the property of SHS. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.