1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Am I Weird? [A semi-melodramatic question/rant]

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by FSFunky, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hey, man!

YOU are worried about a girl??
    I am 22 years old, and still single...

When I was at....er....(what is 'middelbaar') school, there were some reeeal nerds, and they turned out to be the most happy people I know now.
    Problem with people is that they all want to be cool, and when you want to be cool you do things to fit in...and you have to be cooler and cooler and when you do, you don't get the things you want. I know several people who wanted to fit in, but they actually ruined their life. It are some nice examples, but I won't tell you...Just takes too long.

And: There were also some poppies in my class, and always bullying others. Now they have nobody.

And about music: I listen Goa, drum'n bass, Lounge, even Tchaikovsky (spell) Edvard Grieg and other classic.
    All music not very popy among my friends, but SO WHAT!

A guy asked me what i thought about his shoes: I didnt like them.
    He got pissed and told me that my shoes were even worse. I said that I didn't mind people complaining about my shoes but that he did and so HE was the one having the biggest problem.

BTW: Deventer is in Overijssel, Delft defenately is in ZH.

For the Dutchies:
    --Haat keert zich tegen wie het koestert.--
    Can anyone translate it to English?

[This message has been edited by Master of Nuhn (edited January 01, 2002).]

2. Garret Jax Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Yes, you are normal!! I know at that age I felt like you do. History is racked with people that started out questioning themselves and turned out being shapers of history. This is the time to get to know who you are. Just like many of the other reply's, believe in yourself and you'll go far.

Shura:
    Your over dramatic political views suggest that you are a very angry person. FSfunky is asking for help and you marred his plea by bringing up your view on life. If you want to share your views, either create another topic or go to a different forum. This site is designed for people to share a common interest and views about that interest.

3. Silverblade Guest

There are more dutch here then I thought.

'Middelbare school' is just the dutch word for high school

And "Haat keert zich tegen wie het koestert" can be translated as "Hate turns agains who hates" or something like that. I tried to think of a good translation without loosing it's criptical part.

And Master of Nuhn: I was confused with Delden not Deventer.

4. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

What's all this just be yourself rubbish? As joacqin said we're all only civilised because of the restraints that are put on us. All our lives we're trying to be the way we asnt other people to see us. We're polite, we hesitate before doing something which will offend or provoke someone else. Our true selves only come out when we lose control - for example through inebriation or strong anger - and they aren't pretty.

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I know how you feel.... Except that I am a girl. I've been the most unpopular person in the school for a decade, before I came to the pre-IB program in the most prestigeous High School in FInland... and I'm finally someone people like and actually talk to. You'll get over it, there's no doubt of that.

Ara
    (Needs... chocolate... soon!)

6. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] To reitterate: JUST BE YOURSELF

Ignore these faux-deep clowns who tell you that "man is evil". Yes, under extreme situations, people do terrible things. Yes, social rules are applied to keep (some) people in line. If we didn't have rules, we'd still be in the trees. Anyone who wants to claim that man is inherently evil is making excuses. In most cases, doing something bad is a choice. Just like doing something good. Or you can choose to do nothing.

Ironbeard, if you need strong anger or alcohol to be yourself, get help. It's not too late. I am assuming that you are young and foolish. Don't worry, life will beat it out of you. It did it to me.

7. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Trust me you are normal, although by this point I dont think you need me to tell you this.
    As has been stated here many times BE YOUR SELF.

Personally i am 17 and have had many of the same problems. Unlike many I had no way to get into the "in croud." both for biological reasons (for sports) and mental. So dont worry about it and sugestion find a groop of people like you there almost all ways is one.

8. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Okay, I was expanding on a thought which occured to me when I was drunk. I have a tendency to take things to extremes and even more so when I don't have the self control to realise that it's annoying. Basically what I meant to say was that while I agree with the people who say that you shouldn't take much notice of what other people say, it's still important to respect that their opinions are as valid as your own, and not impose your view upon them. I'm not suggesting that I think you do that, it's just I'm not very good with words that's all.

9. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

As every one is saying be yourself. You will find out later that the people that you aspire to be are just as human and will fall to the same things you do. people that try to insert them selves into society are sacrificing themselves, the greatest assest a person has, is their indviduality. People do not hate you because of the things you have listed, the reason they hate you is that you will not conform to society, you will not swallow the junk the other people try to force down your throat. This makes you a better person, I live in Canada the preps and snobs I knew hated me because I was not normal, not normal in their eyes! Trust me the preps and snobs are not normal at all(well at least not normal in my area)these people hide their true self behind bravdo, lies, and substance abuse.

10. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

LISTEN TO WHAT PEOPLE SAY!!!
    They're everything.

If you're a nerd, you're a nerd and you suck. You can't do anything right. You're a natural born LOSER and there's no way you're ever going to be anyone important.

'Poppies', whether you are impressed with them or not, are good friends to have. You may as well press your lips and get on with livin', as LIVING IS OTHER PEOPLE. If other people think of you as a nerd, then you'll not get hired by that software designer you've always dreamed about cause you're a GOOFY MOFO, ain'tcher!.

Oh, and that girl, she was probably a stupid nerd anyway. HAHAHAHAHA - does anyone understand the irony?

11. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Ehm... Xealifer.... Software-designers DO need nerds! :)

You can better be a nerd then one of the default hype-followers... One that has no own "himself" but is just blindly following the big herd of people? People only see how you look... but you don't have to be a nerd when you look like one....

You can better be a nerd that lives his own live.. then be a wannabe that is afraid to be himself.... Just be yourself... do what you like and not what others like and there are many people that like that in people. Don't be a wannabe, also don't be plain-alternative... just be what you really are... again, when someone doesn't accept that, he/she is not worth your friendship...

Ah, and don't start with relations before you are 25.. it all costs only time and money ;)

12. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Do you really think other people think you are wierd? Unless you are an outwardly person people usually don't suspect anything. Most people at my school don't even think enough of me to think that I am weird. I'm not popular or anything, so whatever I do just blows over by the next day, unless it was something huge.

13. [​IMG] :rolling: ::cheer to the 'weird' people:: :spin:

im a 'weird' person..at least in poppies view.. to my friends, im a normal 16 year old ::with slightly homocidal tendencies..but we wont go into that::
    im one of those type of people that other people ::or other students in my opinion:: are afraid of.. but its not because i have done anything to them.
    i wear a duster to school ::because its cold here..and thats the only coat i have:: and people think that im going to come to school with a gun and shoot them..why? because i dont fit into their views of 'normal'..
    im not going to repeat what others have said..simply because..if you havent gotten the point...then you probably wont get it.

ok..i put my 2 1/2 cents in..
    have fun everyone :roll:

14. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Man, Headbanger, I though at least YOU would understand the sarcasm...
    You don't think I'm a poppie, do you?

15. Alienboy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Be yourself man. I love being a freak. It's fun! People should like you for who you are and not because your impressed with the poppies.:grin:Good for you for being yourself.

We are all your friends here and we apreciate who you are. You just don't have much incommon with the poppies. People only don't like you because they need a scapegoat to let out their anger.

[This message has been edited by Alienboy (edited January 11, 2002).]

16. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Well FS Funky Im 15 to and I have to admit Im quite the opposite. Im skinny 5'8 of course still love girls (I just dont have a problem getting them) Im very active dont need glasses or braces the only time on the computer is at night and when Im on Im on the internet, BG, The Sims, Starcraft, or Red Alert. Finally I get A's and B's My advice to you is dont change your music, or dont stop wearing your glasses if you at all thought about it,but if you say are fat try to lose some weight (at least be more active don't stay on the comp. all day it wont get you anywhere in life unless your in stocks or something along the line of bussines) if you can it will probably help you be more popular and it will help you in the long run health wise. Also if you dress nerdy try differnt clothes that you think might start a trend you dont have to wear the same thing everyone else is wearing (make sure the new trend is something you like and think other people will to). Try to keep your friends those are true friends and try to keep your band thaqts cool. And finally just remember dont let popularity get to your grades.

[This message has been edited by Psycho. the fanged rabbit (edited January 11, 2002).]

17. jesper898 Guest

Well think about that YOU were the quickest sperm cell(i think that is what it is called).YOU were the one that got born, while the others died.
    That means that everyone is a natural born winner no matter what other people say:)

18. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Hey man dont worry about girls. Maybe it's my bad luck but I think that your better off with dateing. Just my oppion. My last two girl friends were using me and the last girl I asked out slapped me and said,"How dare you ask some one higher then your self out!" This confused the heack out of me for awily since she was my age and a freashman. So I'm happy not having a girl freind. Weird but true.

19. herf Guest

Look at me, I'm the freakiest motherfucker you're gonna meet in your meaningless little life, and I love it.

I'm 6'2, just under 170 pounds (not fat, built), I have long blonde / greasy hair down past my eyes and I scream at people on the bus for looking at me, I love it!

I'm completely different from everyone else and I don't have to try. I love to watch these little motherfucker's try to be different and thinking they're achieving it by listening to Papa Roach and Linkin Park, it's just so funny to watch 'em.

You, on the other hand, you're genuine, you are who you are. The only reason you aren't happy is because other people aren't happy with you. Who the fuck cares about them? The only opinion that should matter to you is your own and the close friends that you have around you.

You're worried about being a nerd? Screw it, I come home from school and the first thing I do is go upstairs and sit at the computer, usually I don't even touch anything for the first few minutes, it just feels so damned good to be home to my computer again. Hell, I don't even say hello to my parents until I'm sat at the computer.

I'm 15, I have only two close friends, all the rest are little twats trying to be friends with me because I'm different to boot. The only people I care about in this whole world are those two friends. I seriously wouldn't give a damn if anyone else died. The only ones that matter are those two.
    I'm not saying you should only care about your close friends, just saying that you're lucky to have four and that you should hold onto them, they are worth more than any amount of popularity, money or girls.

I read this topic before I went and got dinner, I sat at the table and made a massive mental list of all the points I should raise and discuss but all reason and logic seems to have gone out the window.

Just don't conform, don't give in to idealistic society. Being a poppie is bad, they lead simple little lives with no comprehension of what gos on around them, all they care about is their own little lives.

You're either a poppy from birth or you're not, no point trying to be what you can never be.

Sincerely, Herf, the freakiest guy on the planet.

(Yes, I do actually scream at the top of my voice at people who look at me on the bus)

(Notice the way this topic brought out all the guys with strange Nicks...)

(I done it, a whole post about freakiness without mentioning my music tastes!)

(These brackets get annoying after a while don't they?)

[This message has been edited by herf (edited January 13, 2002).]

20. Sentry Guest

Heh and who says the "poppies" are not weird? If I'm thinking about the same ppl (all they wanna do is to be so cool and the best and such bad-asses and only do what is "cool" and idunnowhat) then I think poppies also are weirdos...

Anyway you are weird from their perspective and since there is a bunch of them you think that you -are- weird. But I think that -they- also seem weird to you and other people, so don't sweat it.

P.S.: I happen to like rock and metal so those who say it suckz can just bite my @$$.

[This message has been edited by Sentry (edited January 13, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.