1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

An impossible solo?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by thetruth, May 21, 2005.

1. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Some questions:
    1)The Torgal's claw-dagger that Torgal drops has some very interesting abilities ''each hit either lowers the target's strenght by 3 for 60 seconds or slows target for 10 seconds.A save v. poison at -4 negates either effect''
    Shall i consider some proficiency points in daggers- is a save v. poison at -4 an easy save?
    And i am sure its special ability bypass stoneskin but not prot. from m.weapons i guess.
    2)Is there any weapon-necklace that let you cast fireballs? (i am sure i was using fireballs or was it BG1)
    3)Well this is a bit odd.The cursed green scrolls you find in the game have the bad effect on the one you cast them upon or on the one that casts them? :D

2. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    1) You can try aiming for the dagger. Besides the neat enchantment, it does 2D6 damage. It's a working one handed two-handed sword, mind you.
    Save vs poisons goes in the same category as save vs death, so it's going to work well on creatures who have low saves vs death - which is roughly everything except undead.
    Yep, the enchantment is similar to the slowing enchantment of the Flail of the Ages.
    2) The Necklace of Missiles. You can buy it from a store in the one of the tents outside of Trademeet.
    3) Not sure, but you could always try it out. The descriptions specifically states user (aka caster), though.

EDIT:
    About no.2, I haven't gone to testing out death spells on the new enemies you encounter in these mods, although I'm positive they're raised the save vs death of all "bosses" (dragons, and specific characters) significantly.
    Since you're through with Kangaax, you'll be interested to know he's got a save vs spell of 254 for example. :)

[ May 26, 2005, 14:18: Message edited by: Scythesong Immortal ]

3. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

[​IMG] Thanks Scythesong.

If i knew some things for the modded game i would esclude RP choises.For example i would start with g.mastery on flails and not on long swords and then put prof.points in daggers as Torgal's claw is far more powerfull than the Blade of Roses i currently use.
    As for your tip on undeads for the first time i made the quest of that snob-artist in the other way keeping the illithium for myself as i must be sure for what future reserves :)

Ehm... a little problem here.
    Imp. Firkraag disappeared!I have beaten his human form.Then again with his servants-wyverns and then when he trasformed in dragon he was near death when used a dimension door saying something like ''don't think it is over yet'' and never seen him again.I have tried 2 more times with the same result.Any ideas?

[ May 29, 2005, 13:09: Message edited by: thetruth ]

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Bumped by request due to the edit.

5. 14 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

It also happened to me ... I just gave up.
    If you really want the red dragon scale, there should be a few dragons wondering around the three new areas after you come back from the underdark. You can get one from them...

Firkraag does have a cousin awaiting you in front of the watcher's keep .... among other things....

About the weapons. There are a couple of more cheesy weapons than Torgal's claw... and they aien't daggers...

Anywayz keep you updates coming. I think they are great.

6. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

[​IMG] Finally !!! I have found Firkraag :p

@ 14 : While i was wandering over the Windspear Hills for the last time, he suddenly teleported in front of me (i was near the place where you fight the ogres-knights when you first arrive there - NW part of the map).And you must definitively fight him - Draconis looks like a baby-wyvern compared to imp. Firkraag.After many reloads i beat him after finding the only possible tactic for a solo fighter.

And now my fighter has reached level 40 and just finished chapter 2 doing every quest (well except from the NPCs-related quests).
    Now i am ready to pay my 15.000 and start ch. 3.

The top 3 fights were:

1)A new lich at the docks (is in a house behind the mad cleric) and i found this battle the most challenging for a solo fighter for many reasons. But the reward was something unexpectable. The wonderful cloak of Balduran :eek: :cool:

2)Well Firkraag for sure.

3)Hehe Pooky's parents (an almost impossible battle if Scythesong didn't remind me that shield of reflection).

PS: If anyone wants more details for a specific battle feel free to ask ;)

7. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

If you want some real fun with Firkraag, try this: http://www.rpgdungeon.net/superfirk.html I have no idea how you could possibly win that solo, though.

There is a fight or two in Improved Asylum that was basically me trying to see how fast I could kill the player. It should be possible to solo. You'll get your challenge, I'm sure of that.

You may want to avoid fighting Breudayael and friends, though. Those guys are nasty with a maxxed out party. You're welcome to try, though.

8. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

@ Rastor

About super-Firkraag i thought installing it but i decided to try first the tactics' one.Anyway i will in the future (although probably a solo fighter could not beat him).

And now about Breudayael's party.Well first of all i wouldn't start a fight with them as i am ch.good and they don't give me a reason for it (well except from that dwarf) but since it's a mod ... i decided to try it.
    I kill Anastacia and Thordek but then ''something'' kills me :D .I would describe it like a thunderbolt from the sky :D .
    What's this?? First i thought it was Breudayael's wail of banshee as the first 3 times i happened to die when he casted one.
    Then i thought it happens when you try to escape out of the room.
    Now ... i really don't know what happens :D
    Can you explain it since you are responsable for all this? ;)

PS: By the way i have never seen more powerfull weapons-equipment and i haven't yet seen what the mages carry!If i only could take Anastacia's stuff and return to Athkatla ... :rolleyes:

9. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Good to know Firkraag does re-appeare. I was a bit miffed by the retreat in that cave of his. Must have Carsomyr, dammit.

Perpaps I may answer that?
    I suppose it is Breudayel's revenge for your killing his consort. He goes berserk the moment she falls. To avoid it, kill Breudy first. That is... if you figure out how. :p It takes me a lot of time, combined with most vile cheating. :D

10. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

OK it's as Dendri said.
    The problem is that for a fighter it's almost imposible to kill Breudayael.
    CTRL-Y ing him (one of the few things he isn't immune to :D ) saw me that +4 enchanted weapons should hit him,but the mace of disruption which has a +5 enchantment gives the ''weapon ineffective'' message :mad: .The only other thing my fighter can do to hit him is the necklace of missiles.As it is an area affect spell it damages him the few times that fireballs bypass his magic resistance.But to kill him in this way i would need at least 4 necklaces!(the trick with the vhailor's helm-bag of holding for many simulacrums would solve the problem, but it's cheating).
    Anyway i have managed to kill the other 3.Killed Anastacia last and passed to the previous level before enraged Breudayael could kill me.So i have their powerfull weapons although i don't know if i should use them - too overpowered...

11. 14 Gems: 4/31

Well I never used it, but that sword with 3 charisma drain seems too much... And the robe Breudayel's wearing is too sick...I think the other stuff, ... are barely OK... very very barely...

12. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

[​IMG] First of all i wasn't able to keep Anastacia's stuff.I didn't get killed because i had her stuff in my bag of holding but when i wielded one of her items Breudayel's revenge came :D
    So reloaded and left the couple in peace...
    Now i am in ch.6,Sahuagin city and Underdark were nothing special but my big problem now is
    Small Teeth Pass.
    Since when imprisoment ignores magic resistance ???
    I have met the three dragons and the purple one keeps imprisoning me although i have over 100% m.resistance with the yellow potions i have used. :mad: :mad: Any other spell they cast at me gets blocked by my m.resistance except from the imprisoment :confused:
    Any explanation would be welcome ...
    (i don't even comment why sould a dragon cast imprisoment or maze on a little human that enter in a 3 dragon's lair :mad: )

13. Elwyn De'Liam Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Imprisonment does ignore magic resistence. That's what so frustrating about this spell...

14. 14 Gems: 4/31

I warned you ....
    That's how imprisonment works... (that's why Breudayel and co. had equipments specificly immune to imprisonment) well there are also other spells that ignore magic resistence.
    Even worse, later on there are people you HAVE TO kill who cast imprisonment. That's why you ought to be a berserker. But I guess you can always use one of 'em scrolls or change to a slayer etc.
    There is also a mod that make imprisonment works like maze. It's on the forgotten wars site if you or anyone is interested.

Edit: have you gone through the celestial fury thing ? If not, try it out before you leave Athkatla. (it's kind of like pooky, someone will chase you after a while)

[ June 06, 2005, 13:24: Message edited by: 14 ]

15. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

Yes, i should have known that about imprisoment.I guess i got confused by the prot. from magic scrolls that don't give 100% magic res. but block any magic...
    Anyway i used my simulacrum as decoy and the 3 dragons are dead.Actually they were too easy - like the unmodded dragons.And to my big surprise for the first time i saw a dragon in panic!It was the brown one (i thought dragons are immune to fear).
    Now my fighter is in the Watcher's keep.No problems so far except from the impr. Chromatic demon :eek: (i didn't know that he needed any improvement :D )

@ 14
    You are worrying me :D
    (and yes i did everything from ch.2 - i killed that crazy kensai and has his katana now.I wish i had any prof. points in katanas though...)

16. 14 Gems: 4/31

Yeah... Those dragons can also be stunned. Once stunned they'll just stand there do nothing. They must've not immune to many other things...

Before you go to ToB, (well you have to go through imp. Irenicus first :) ) I think you should install a component in the oversight mod. The Ascension improved the "five" except Sendai.(or they did improve her but she's pathetic compared to Abazigal) oversight has a improved Sendai which is pretty good. (I think they claimed she doesn't cheat either)

17. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

Just finished Watcher's keep and imp. Demogorgon and his summons were insanely difficult (only if someone tries this battle with a solo fighter can understand what i mean :( ...)
    Then i did a new ''quest'' in watcher's keep map with some monsters which threaten to poison you.
    And what remains is Pontifex.
    OK i talk to him ,accept his quest,get teleported in the new area and here comes my problem.I kill 6 of the 7 skulls and their guards but i couldn't kill the last skull!After many reloads i found out (using the true sight of my dragon-slayer l.sword) that next to the skull is someone called Ender-Ritual captain who drinks potions of invisibility and doesn't attack me !!!Just remains invisible!
    I tried to kill him with fireballs but is immune to fire!Of course if i don't kill him i won't be able to kill the last skull and disrupt the ritual :mad:
    If anyone has an idea... I have only one true sight but it dispells the inv. just for one second before he drinks another potion.Can't think of anything else and i don't want to cheat :confused:

18. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

True sight will stay long. If you cast it on yourself.

19. thetruth Gems: 11/31

Veteran

@ Chickavalier

I did what you said but the duration is exactly the same :(
    Maybe because it's detect invisibility and not true sight as i thought...

20. 14 Gems: 4/31

Damn !!! The Demogorgon was on top of my "you can't kill" list. How did you do that ??!?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.