1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anger... what to do with it?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by DragonRider SkyWard, May 8, 2002.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Never hold it in, I threw a table at my teacher when I was nine, after my rage I realised the table was supposed to be nailed to the floor

Amazing what you can do while angry

2. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Lots of great ideas. I think I'm going to work out more now. Maybe I'll also by a paint ball gun and go into the woods and shoot some racoons that trash the neighborhood:hehe: I do want to shoot something. NO not any one. Maybe I'll talk to my uncle. He's got some guns, maybe he'll let me shoot at a watermellon or something.

3. Punk Slacker Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Trying going swimming. That always helps me.

4. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

OK, either lift weights or do something subtler... meditate.

Steps of Relaxation Meditation

Sit comfortably with your spine reasonably straight.

Allow your eyes to rest comfortably downward, gazing softly, but not focussed on anything.

Without closing your eyes completely, let your eyelids drop to a level that feels most comfortable.

Continue gazing downward... the act of gazing is your primary focus (rather than the area at which you are gazing). You may notice your breathing becoming more rhythmic.

It's ok to let your attention drift a bit. If your eyes become very heavy, it's ok to let them close. If you notice you've come out of your relaxed space, simply bring your attention back to your relaxed downward gaze.

Let the object of your anger drift into your mind, and then push this object away from your thoughts.

Benefits of this meditation:

Relaxation & stress reduction

Can be used for an effective 2 minute relax & recharge break

Increased alertness

From www.meditationcenter.com

--------------------------------------

OK, my best results have been with the eyes closed, breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth.

[This message has been edited by TheBlackRose (edited May 11, 2002).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
  5. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

I wouldn't recommend shooting things/animals, because you don't get any satisfaction out of it (ooh it's so hard pointing a gun at a melon and squeezing the trigger).
    How about, you take up a sport that involves you over-powering other people, like (American) football, (Greco-Roman) wrestling or rugby? Football and wrestling are really working for me, as I usually go up against bigger/stronger guys, and often win...or get hurt... The downside to these sports is that when you're not playing you might feel like suddenly breaking out in a fit of rage and breaking things/people, in that case try some sort of yoga or something similar, I hear that helps. :p

6. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Anger is good...indulge it, let it become your entire consciousness, so that YOU become the anger, and you do not have to deal with it.

Forsake every positive thought and relish every bit of hatred. You can use it to fuel your efforts to destroy the source of your anger, be it human or otherwise. And only by doing so, will your anger cease.

Forgiveness and compassion are for wimps. Kill whomever pisses you off. Or otherwise wreck his life, family or loved ones through other means, indirect ones if neccessary.

Anger and hate should never be 'dealt with'. It should be exalted and revered.

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    wb Shura, I knew you would like this topic :D

8. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Meditation I already do when I have time(not much). Ok maybe not shooting. I was playing 007 while writing that post so I'm not surprised that I said that.

I suck at all sports far and wide. Ever time I play I get hurt, my butt is kicked and I walk away with alot of anger agenst alot of people.

Edit: I now know how to release my anger and it's productive too! I'm really happy now:D

[This message has been edited by DragonRider SkyWard (edited May 11, 2002).]

9. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

Get an Assault rifle, a deer, a fax machine and a lot of bullets. You'll figure it out.

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Uhm, that now is something I don't understand: In the army I have always experienced shooting as a rather meditative concentration exercise rather than agression- or stress-relief ... oh well. IMO guns are a thing better not carried away with, making them poorly suited for anger management.

11. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Heh, after my time in the army I see guns as a reason for anger not a way to make it go away. Shooting is boring and annoying, the weapon is heavy. It is a nuisance to carry around. Weapons are not the way to go, especially not army ones. They suck.

12. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

I'm going to use guns. I dont even belive in them really.

Like I said eirlier I have found a way to release it so I'm happy.

13. Vladimir Furey Gems: 1/31

I've always found that going for a couple mile run or punching a bed matress works well to dissipate anger. If that fails, beating up the person who is the source of that frustration works pretty well too. :p

14. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

Ah...but if the source of that frustration is a girl, you DAMN well aren't gonna beat her up!

15. Vladimir Furey Gems: 1/31

hmm good point *strokes chin in thought*..get a lady friend of yours to beat her up then! :)

16. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Take severaL deep breaths and then scrream your head off. And if you hit things, use gloves beacuse mauled knuckles HURT!

Ara
    (Insanity is underrated.... and cheap :))

17. Count to ten or even beat the cr*p out of your pillow.(i once attacked my pillow and after 9 hours the living room was full of feather's.)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.