1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anomen rocks!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Demonater351, Nov 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] keldorn? 1 hit? You sure you weren't facing something with a vorpal hit or int. drain or something? :confused:

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Positive.

[EDIT]
    Forgot to say that Carsomyr was sold. And forgot to say that it really doesn't matter since Anomen saved the day.
    J/K Anomen was playing his role and I was satisfied. Keldorn was lame from the start but I took him just to see if he gets any better - because everyone has that cretin in the party.

And after fiasco with Keldorn I'm not listening to prejudices any more. From that time I don't believe any single "sux" comment from people who finished the game without the NPC they describe with arrogancy.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited November 22, 2001).]

3. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Hi,

I agree Anomen is a useful character.
    I picked him up with my second party about 10 game days ago and hes not bad as a tank (apart from his dex :), not a problem with the gaunlets, but don't take Keldorn and Anomen since they will both need these :D)

He is also ok as a cleric, doesn't get as many spells due to poor wisdom but turn undead is good and he levels fast so it gets better pretty quickly.

Have done the first part of his quest I think and am waiting for the second bit, any day now.

His personality is really grating though and I am not sure how long I can stand him. :D He doesn't fit in with my long term plans for this party as I am going for an all girls and my male elf f/t to take to spellhold. Have to see how it goes.

Impressed that you saw him though to the end Extremist, or did you turn the sound off :)

My female archer is romancing him at the moment early in chapter 2 and his personality doesn't get any better :)

I found Keldorn useful with my first party, They are finishing up TOB at present. I didn't have Viccy in this party so no problems there. He makes a good tank with the right stuff and his inquistor abilities are useful with the right party.
    There is a great series of dialog between Imoen and Keldorn that I think makes taking Keldorn into TOB well worth it, it had me ROTFLOL. You can always dump him after this :D :D

Cheers,

WittyNewt

4. Archer14 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Saddly I finished my first game with Anomen. So I know very well how much of an idiot he is. Actualy for the heck of it I sent him up to kill Irenicus by himself after taking all of the items off him I might have needed durring the battle (which was everythilng). He didn't last long.

And wittynewt, you said you couldn't stand his personality? Good :evil:, you have reached the first step. Let the frustation build up in you! Then KILL HIM!!!! Know you want to kill him. Give in to your true fealings!! Don't put up with him any longer. KILL HIM!!!

Go on, do it. You have to. "Resistense is futile." :borg:

[This message has been edited by Archer14 (edited November 22, 2001).]

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Really Archer?

Will you please post the weapon proficiencies of an Anomen you had at the end of the game?

++ in spears I suppose...

Resistance is futile, yes, but the Borg here ain't you.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited November 22, 2001).]

6. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Hi,

I just can't bear to kill any of the NPCS in this game. :) The flesh is weak :D.
    They might wind me up slightly with some of the things they say (a fact that still staggers me - what a great job the programmers did to get such a wide range of reactions :)) but I just can't kill them, fire them sure, but not kill them.

Of course I will quite happily slay everything else in this game that attacks me, so maybe I am not being strictly true to form, now if Anomen attacked me......

I have never played an evil character in BG1 or BG2 and probably never will. The closest I have got so far is with my undead hunter romancing viccy and taking an evil party... he wants to convert them! He's in chapter 2 and we currenlty have a rep of 15. The whining from Korgan and Edwin is driving me crazy. I hope I can last until TOB.

Cheers,

WittyNewt.

7. Archer14 Gems: 8/31

Sorry, I don't remember the proficiencys I had and I got a new computer so I don't have any record or anything because all of it was on my old one.

The main weapons I used with him were maces and the flail of the ages though.

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Maces and FlailAges?!?!

But, but, what have you equipped on Viccy then? Carsomyr?

9. FoolioBuddumz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

hahahhahahhahaa, i wish carsomyr ^_^

10. Archer14 Gems: 8/31

The only game I used Anomen in was my first game. And I didn't have any evil people in my party the first time through so I didn't have Viccy.

[This message has been edited by Archer14 (edited November 23, 2001).]

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I had Anoen in my party in the first time thorough... and I screwed up the ronmance. He became Sir Anomen, and became annoying.

I have him in my second party at the moment, and I will have him whack that Sarek guy... Let's see if he's as annoying as he was...

Ara
    (Needs to find yoghurt, ut I'm in school... And yes, bad grammar is intentional)

12. Demonater351 Guest

Not to be picky, but you shouldn't have to "make" Carsomyr, you get it whole from killing Firkraag. I think y'all confusing it with Crom Faeyr, which does have to be made.

[This message has been edited by Demonater351 (edited November 23, 2001).]

13. zaknafein Guest

i had anomen in my party a long time until i got sick of him. some people might remember my want a replasement post. i was in the illithid cavern in the sewers at the time and i was thinking of using him as a decoy except he had too much stuff on him and no one on my party had enough room to put his stuff in so i kept him untill i left there replacing him with valygar. one thing i realy liked about anomen was turning him into a rat using a certain cloak and then killing him. so as many have said in the past and i will say it again. KILL HIM

14. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] It seems that some people here can't read.

Your personal problems can be posted in Whatnots forum and not here. Or better, you can solve them with any nearby shrink.
    IIRC it wasn't only me who said that annoying repeating of "KILL" word needs to stop.

I haven't seen any valid argument so far why should someone kill Anomen. So who are you posting to?

Tal, will you please close this degenerated thread?

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yes. Anomen rocks. People with no better arguments but "KILL" in caps suck. End of discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.