1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Are the American People Insane?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by scarampella, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Morgoth,

Leave the fantasies to someone who is creative enough to pull it off (or Padeen).

2. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    "There's the risk the ICC could attempt to assert jurisdiction over U.S. servicemembers, as well as civilians, involved in counterterrorist and other military operations -- something we cannot allow."
    D.S. Rumsfeld

But America warned of "serious consequences" if the International Criminal Court (ICC) ever arrested a member of the US military.

President Bush's administration had been threatening to veto all future UN peacekeeping missions if the American military was not granted permanent immunity from the ICC.

We will never permit Americans to be jailed
    John Negroponte, US ambassador

The US have really isolated themselves and are putting themselves into bed with the likes of China, the Yemen and other undemocratic countries
    Judge Richard Goldstone

HereĀ“s the stories
    bbc
    cnn

Edit: Oh, how do you think Bush will react, asking his soldiers back with a pretty please??

P.S. with invasion I mean US military operation in Holland, without the UN, NATO, EU and ofcourse us approving

[ October 22, 2002, 21:36: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

3. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Morgoth:

I browsed your resources and saw nothing to back up your original statement.

To answer the question that the topic poster asked:

I am an American, and I must be insane to continue to respond to crap like this.

4. Dorion Blackstar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Allright Morgoth
    I read both of your links and fail to see in their anywhere one mention of the US planning to invade Holland?
    From what i gather from these stories is the UN has agreed with the United States on this matter.

[ October 23, 2002, 03:02: Message edited by: Dorion Blackstar ]

5. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Sadly its true.

The whole Iraq war machine is actually a distraction to mask Bush's ultimate goal of invading Holland and securing all of their tulips - the world's most powerful and finite power source.

I hear they were planning on starting the invasion in Morgoth's underwear drawer.

6. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Imperialistical...NOT A WORD.

If you're gonna be an Ass, at least be one correctly.

7. The Irreligious Paladin Gems: 7/31

We Americans ain't all that smart. I feel personally threatened by George Bush's shifty-eyed accusations to every other nation ever. He drove our economy to ruins and needs a war to keep himself loved by the public. Taking out his own texan aggresion on every other country in the world is complete idiocy. He sees plots to destroy the American way of life everywhere, and i have to ask a simple question: what way of life? No one in The USA seems to care that the rest of the world thinks we're stupid(for justifiable reasons.) I still can't believe that a money-problem is driving this ego-maniac into a possible WW3 scenario wherein the rest of the world will look to America as the agressors much like Nazi Germany in WW2.

End Rant. Continue regeneration. For an end to the madness call 1-900-STOP-NOW. (not a real #)

8. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

Yeah, the economy is Bushs fault. :rolleyes: It has nothing to do with:
    * The dot-com bust (which happened during Clintons presidency)
    * 9/11 which crippled the airline industry
    * widespread CEO abuse, primarily at companies that took wing and succeeded under Clinton (Enron, Global Crossing, WorldCom)

Blaming the Bush for the failing economy is like giving Clinton credit for the economic boom of the 90's.

[ October 24, 2002, 16:50: Message edited by: Jack Funk ]

9. Turandil Gems: 7/31

That was really lame shogun!

10. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Show of hands. Who thinks Irreligious Paladin is a teenybopper? C'mon! Admit it!

11. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] *raises right hand and slaps turandil with left*

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.