1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Are those guys serious?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Oxymore, Aug 1, 2004.

1. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Mmmm yeah probably :S I should start again with tarot, I was a Much mor art ease when I did... Or just take another look at my spiriteul cards (SP?)

2. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Just out of curiosity, did anybody think that comic was a joke when they first read it? Especially at the end?

I did. I mean, really. A guy shouting:

'Then according to Acts 19:19 you should gather up all your occult paraphernalia like your rock music, occult books, charms, Dungeons and Dragons material. Don't throw them away. Burn them! We'lldo that here tonight.'

I so thought that that was a joke. Really.

Oh, I looked up Acts 19:19, just for fun, and found it to be:

'Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all [men]: and they counted the price of them, and found [it] fifty thousand [pieces] of silver. '

I never found rock music and D&D to be 'curious arts' myself.

3. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

According to Chapter 1, verse 1, lines 1-3 of the book of Abominatorisim "All religious fanatics should be beaten within an inch of their life and left in the deserts of Israel so they can find their 'sacred land'."

It'll sell like hot cakes! Who wants to join the all-powerful religion of Abominatorisim? The whole goal of the religion is to force our religious beliefs upon those who would seek to do the same to others. We also have monthly get-togethers on the 5th of each month where we share cake and play ping-pong.

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

hehe this **** is so silly its funny ;) i mean come one people. i dont know if you guys ever heard about the "tamagotchi" but they were the rage around 8 years ago? they were like digital pets that you nursed from birth, you had to feed them all the time like real pets and tech them things. hell, while i was in school i had my sister feed them hehe. anwyay, i heard that some shmucks killed themselves bec. their pets (or batteries) died. yeesh. i guess my point is, dont blame the game, its just a frickin game. and imho (and this is purely my opinion) if a person is dumb enough to get THAT absorbed into something that person probably really needed help in the first place and if D&D (or in this case, tamagotchi) didn't bump them off, something else would have. a failed romance, being expelled, that kinda stuff.

5. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I never did get the point of those tamagotchi things. And I think there are still 'new' ones being released here in Australia.

Actually, I had a bit of a laugh to myself when I find out some time ago that The Bible was once a Banned Book in some countries. I just don't get that anyone would want to ban any book which is the cornerstone of a religion, even if they don't agree with that religion's ideas, and yet AFAIK no D&D-related books have ever been Banned. Not that I'm saying D&D is a religion as such.

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @GodRules44: Read posts before replying to them. What part of "I don't see any of that in D&D, at least played the casual way." did you not understand?

Hint: Strong Christians had better be smart Christians as well. They tend to benefit from using proper syntax and spelling as well. You can't even spell Catholicism right and yet you know it has a bad reputation. You might have a pale cast of a point there in the light of the recent paedophilia scandal, but I've no idea where you got that bad reputation of the Orthodox. Perhaps you would like to educate us on all the different forms of Catholicism you know, as well?

Guess every branch of Christianity "does have" a bad reputation except your particular Church of Whatever because that's what your preacher told you and so Christians in general don't have a bad reputation. Let me guess: that's because your particular denomination is the one true church that saves the day. Yeah, God rules. But that's because He does the thinking and not some of His servants.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.