1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Are you a snob?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Barmy Army, May 14, 2007.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I had Father buy me the private school.

I have a team of maids, rotating so that two are always on duty. Even at 2 am.

One is always serious.

;)

3. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

And neither of you are SPS members. Tut.

4. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I have a tattoo of a bulldog wrapped in a Union Jack.. (not really but if I did have one thats what it would be) :p

5. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Wouldn't it be snobbish to buy the more expensive stuff just because you can do it? :p

6. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    I'm pretty much a snob, since even though I'm quite self contemptuous, I generally detest most other people more than myself leading me to put myself over them.

Also I've discovered part of me pretty much wants to be snobbish when it comes to music, movies and art but I try my best for fight these urges.
    Not to mention how snobbish I get when I'm drunk, but that's another story entirely :p

7. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    BA in all honesty it doesn't matter if your a snob or not, and it does not matter if she "wants" you....what it comes down to is whether you want her right?...but thats not what you asked so feel free to ignore that...

I don't know if I'm a snob or not...probably am occasionally, but not always :p

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

But, he was a great pilot!

I'm better than these people (which is what I'd call snobbery):

- Those who speak in text messaging shorthand no matter where they are. This is completely different from leet speak. We're talking about: i c u l8r m8 brb mkkthxbai.

- 2 guys from my former DnD playgroup who constantly said skythe and mee-lee. Oh, pretty much anyone who knows how to say words properly but don't.

After those 2, it's all about what I hate/dislike. And most people here would hate me because I like fast food (grew up in a town with no fast food places), am a redneck and white trash, am fat, am frugal, female and short.

9. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Okay, folks, T2B's got a point, here - it's not "I hate..." it's "I consider myself superior to..."

And I tend to dislike many of the criteria that have been put forward, so far. Other things I couldn't really care about.

I have thought about this long and hard, and I'd have to say that I do my darnedest to NOT be snobbish to anyone but I find I start to develop a superiority complex against those people I deal with that show themselves willfully ignorant of things they NEED to know, or those who SHOULD (or HAVE to) do things, but can't be bothered to. As Bruno said, "intentional ignorance".

In short, if you're not going to bother to learn how to do something properly that you gotta do when dealing with me, then don't expect me to look upon you as an equal.

That said, I couldn't care less if anyone here looks down on me for anything I like or do; I'd probably be oblivious to it, anyways. :D

10. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Umm, I don't look down on anyone. Some people aren't using their potential as I would try to, but they get along in life just as well as I do. A lot of people are better than me in so many ways, but I do not wish to be like they are. I'd like to be myself thank you very much, with all my flaws and see where that get's me and what good am I.

In death we're all equal, and everyone dies, sooner or later. Considering we're just specks of dirt with inconsequential lives in the grand scale of things, it's not worth anything feeling superior or inferior to anyone.

That in mind, life is beautiful, nasty, brutish and short, but I'm loving every single day of it. Even the bad ones, not because they contrast the good, but because they're a part of life. And so's every single one of us as lovable, with all our bad qualities and stepping on each other's toes and if we do good things to one another, even better. It's all a part of life.

11. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well, I'll be perfectly honest here (as I usually am, pretty genuine guy).. I don't really like her that much as a person, she's not heavy relationship material but I'm not looking for that. She comes across as an easy regular sex option. That's what I'm after so I think I'll have a dabble. Does that make me shallow? Probably, but I had a heavy relationship and it ended in tears. Mine. That was a long time ago and I still can't be arsed getting into one of them again. Anyone who looks at that relationship rant thread knows I'm just getting what I can, when I can get it right now. I'm not good boyfriend material at min, but this lass could be an easy regular shag... sounds good to me right now as I sit at home, after a few hours at the pub with the lads, typing onto my PC! Rather be getting my end away if you know what I mean... I learnt the long way!

12. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I don't see myself as a snob, so much as that I think the majority of the people that live near me are stupid. Which I detest. The town I live in has an insane amount of meth labs, especially for how big it is( pop of 3500, and there have been over 50 busts in the last year), and as I detest people that are stupid, I look down on most of the town.

To be perfectly honest I don't even associate myself with anyone that I even think might do such things, and as big into meth as this town is, I only have 2 friends in town.

Other than that I tend to agree with most of the statements above, minus the rednecks one :) . The majority of people I like in this ****hole are rednecks...just not the EXTREME rednecks.

13. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

I'm to laid back to be a snob. Hehe, I've had friends tell me that I'm so laid back I make stoners look anal.

14. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I hate Lidl. Their stuff is disgusting.
    Aside from that, I agree wholly with what Barmy said, with one addition. I hate the parents that go to pick up their children and form their own little clique excluding everyone else. This happens to me all the time and I've been forced to question whether they are their kids are acting younger ;)

Oh, and I don't like gypsies. The thieving stealing kind not the proper Romany ones. They're all over the place here

Ooh I am a snob :eek:

15. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I have given it some thought, and yes I believe I'm a snob

16. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

- Smokers, drugusers and alcoholics
    - Obese people who view obesity as a lifestyle
    - People who are too ignorant to notice their own ignorance.
    - People who just can't behave properly

Those would be the main cathegories. And if I'm to believe most of my friends then I suppose I'm quite snobbish. :p

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

That's bigotry, not snobbery. :p

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I know I'm better than a lot of people. Does that make me snobbish? No, merely honest. I don't go around making said people feel like crap though. The word for that is not snob, but a$$hole.

all people are created equal but some of us are more "equal" than others.

and I love KFC. :p

19. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Oh, I'm a snob, absolutely :D Intellectual snob first and foremost; I don't consider myself a genius by any means, but I do consider myself better than people who are very obvious and irredeemable idiots. I also value knowledge and culture and all that sort of cliche; I won't look down on someone who hasn't had the opportunity to learn about these things, but I will have less respect for someone who did have the chance and wasted it.

"That's what I'm after so I think I'll have a dabble. Does that make me shallow? [...] I'm not good boyfriend material at min"

At least you're honest about it. As long as you both understand how things stand and you don't lead her on and wind up hurting her, I personally don't see anything wrong with what you want. If you're not ready then you're not ready, and pushing yourself will only make you uncomfortable. Others might not agree with my ethics on the matter, but that's my :2c: anyway.

20. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Not sure.....if i'm in a room full of people, and i let one rip extra loud, so the people in the back can hear it too, does that make me a snob?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.