1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bad music that the world loves it seems!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Apeman, Jan 9, 2003.

1. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I think one can put down some basic guidelines as to quality of music.

1) novelty. the problem with this one is that almost everything has been tried nowadays
    2) music. what level does it have. Whether you like for example Dream theater or not you can't say that they are extremely good
    3) lyrics. how well are they written

and most important have the artist reached an adequate level at the above mentioned themselves or did Sony IMG or whatever took a computer and a pro-writer plus the artist looks

2. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

O.k. we forgive you, I'm just very very glad I'm not 6 :D

ROFL, are you sure? I mean that would be punishment indeed, it might be to harsh :p

3. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Any song by S Club 7 and the song Sk8er Boy, after you hear it more than three times in a row.

4. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    [​IMG]
    It sure does, Master of Nuhn :p

And I suppose it's a good thing I don't know that Mr. Bauer then, eh Pac man. (And btw I'm a girl...surprise! :square: )

[ January 13, 2003, 19:00: Message edited by: Uytuun ]

5. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

AAAAAH :bang:

The world would be a better place without THAT kind of song

Teeny
    (Banging head against her keyboard)

6. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Teensabre I have had the misfortune to hear that song and now you've started it off in my head. :bang: I think thats the point of this forum though, to discuss those type of songs :bang: Somebody please stop that song playing in my head :bang:

7. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

*menacing voice*
    You should be glad, very glad :D

It's not like were sending jody bernal now are we! ;)

@vermillion, just hear another really annoying song, it will erase the last one you hear, of course now you have the current on in your head :( ;)

[ January 13, 2003, 21:36: Message edited by: Apeman ]

8. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    [​IMG] Apeman, that Jody Bernal had a hit here last summer (some silly duet with Belle Perez IIRC).

And now the song is stuck in my head.
    Thanks a lot. :mommy:

9. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] @apeman I did :wail: :bang: some idiot on the radio decided to play timmy mallet with that damn bikini song :bang: Just remember those who are laughing, it could have been you :flaming: ;) :p

10. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Que si Que no....... :p :evil:

@vermillion, you should put on a good cd this very instant. Imagine if you would have to go to school or work with that song in your head :eek:

11. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Guess guess where Jody Banaal lives, not even 1km from my house :wail: :help: :wail:

12. Mortensen Banned

Anyone remember ' Agadoo ' ? ;)

13. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

No way, Jody anaal lives near you?!
    I'm so sorry, that must be so tough.

Actually I live about 2 km away from Corry Konings (sp?) :mad: :mad:

14. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] /me tries hard not to kill Mortensen for THAT!

15. X Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I was driving in my car listening to an all alternative station i switched to an all hard rock station and i listened a bit then some song kinda sounded country and no point to it... DEFINATELY should not have been on this rock station but .. it was weird...

[ January 16, 2003, 22:38: Message edited by: X ]

16. Jorgon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

One of my little pet peeves is how so many awards shows group stuff as pop/rock. Eminem won that award recently, why? He is most definitely not rock music. Give credit where it is due, not to some teen floozy who has big boobies. LOL :eek:

Anyways, European heavy metal type stuff is the best. I'm talkin' In Flames, Stratovarius, heck, even Iron Maiden, they own; Uh, Nevermore, syuff like that.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.