1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Begun this Clone War Has

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Big B, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Duel of the Fates isn't in that trailor.

[Edit]

To ejsmith: John Williams is still the composer for Episode 2. And it will be amazing, just as always :D.

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited April 07, 2002).]

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

The soundtrak of EP1 kinda' grows on you. Dual of the Fates is by far the most dynamic part of the entire movie.

The music of the first three is yet to be surpassed, but Dual of the Fates was a single good step. I'm expecting good things from John Williams (or whoever is his replacement).

Just like I'm expecting *OUTSTANDING* (friggin' better be outstanding) performance from Soule's replacement...

3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Hmmm sorry the god, but I don't speak duh duh DUH DUH :p as fluently as you.

Music in Clone War Trailer breaks down like this:

Beginning until Obi-Wan's two holograms is the Sarlaac Pit fight scene music from ROTJ. (That fight scene being a particular favorite of mine because it's so chaotic, and if you watch the end of the Clone War trailer you can see we've got some more coming our way :grin: )

From Obi-Wan's two holograms until Obi-Wan's "Blast! I hate flying!" line is from the TIE fighter attack music on the Millenium Falcon in ANH. (this music also resurfaces in the ROTJ space battle over Endor)

From there until the end of Palpatine's address to the Senate is music from the Death Star battle in ANH.

From there until Yoda's line "In grave danger you are" is music from Darth Vader and Luke's duel in ESB when Vader force throws various objects around the room at Luke.

And from there to the end is part of the ROTJ alternative bonus track, concert suite music for the battle of Endor.

Now recently part of the soundtrack for AOTC has leaked to the internet (the partial soundtrack is available for sale on April 24, the full soundtrack won't be available until later.) I had wondered if this partial soundtrack was fake, but now I know it's not. It seems that TPM was aired in Australia yesterday and at the end they showed footage from the trailers plus a new scene.

The scene is from the Coruscant Chase and it shows Obi-Wan falling and then he drops into the speeder Anakin is flying. He pants, "What took you so long?"

To which Anakin sarcastically replies "Well you know I couldn't find a speeder I liked..."

As they fly in pursuit of the other speeder Obi-Wan says "If you'd spend as much time working on your saber skills as you do on your wit, young Padawan, you would rival Master Yoda as a swordsman."

To which Anakin replies, "I thought I already did."

Ha ha! I love it! It's classic. :grin: I can't wait to see this movie.

And during this it plays music that I heard online, so it isn't fake. AOTC's soundtack is really kicking too, it features Duel of the Fates, the Binary Sunset music (when Luke stares off into the twin suns of Tatooine), the Trade Federation's Battle March, Yoda's theme from ESB, Anakin's theme, and last but not least... THE IMPERIAL MARCH. That's right folks, in the last scenes of the movie we hear the famed imperial march in all it's glory.

AOTC also has some great new music. The "Duel of the Fates" for this soundtrack is the "Across the Stars" love theme for Padme and Anakin. It's soft but inspiring at the same time. The neat thing about it is it is linked to the Star Wars Main Theme at the beginning of each movie. If you listen to Across the Stars, you hear that a part of it is the Main Theme played slower and some of the notes are switched. It's hard to explain and I won't break out the DUH DUH DUH's out on you ;) but it's cool that it is like that. And later this month MTV will show the Across the Stars music video a few times like it did the Duel of the Fates music video back in '99. This video is supposed to show a mix of trailer footage, behind the scenes footage, and hopefully a little bit of new footage.

The partial soundtrack is as follows but I wouldn't be surprised if a track or two is missing from what we know only because this is 14 tracks and TPM's early release soundtrack is 17 tracks.

Track 1: Star Wars Main Theme and Ambush on Coruscant

Track 2: Across the Stars

Track 3: Zam the Assassin and the Chase Through Coruscant

Track 4: Yoda and the Younglings

Track 5: Departing Coruscant

Track 6: Anakin and Padme

Track 7: Jango's Escape

Track 8: The Meadow Picnic

Track 9: Bounty Hunters Pursuit

Track 10: Return to Tatooine

Track 11: The Tusken Camp and the Homestead

Track 12: Love Pledge and the Arena

Track 13: Confrontation With Count Dooku and Finale

Track 14: On the Conveyor Belt (bonus track)

Initially my favorite track was the Coruscant chase, but now I am favoring Love Pledge and the Arena the most. It starts with the Across the Stars love theme and then gets really tribal with drums and all, it's really cool. And the Finale track is right up there next to it on the coolness scale. I'll be getting two copies of this soundtrack on April 24, one for me and one for my brother.

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited April 08, 2002).]

4. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Does anyone else find our normally mild-mannered Big B to be a mite scary when he does things like that?

[Edit: Oh, look! The NRA is going to put Obi-Wan's light sabre on display in their museum. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,49925,00.html ]

[This message has been edited by Shralp (edited April 10, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.