1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best Character Class?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ladiesman, Jan 6, 2001.

1. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Half-Orc Ranger?

Please explain?

Half-Orcs surely can only Be Fighters, Barbarians, Clerics and Thiefs.

Again... explain it to me?

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Of course, you're right... Really worked a lil too hard yesterday :) I prefer a ranger, but you're right, it can be no half-orc. Not a big problem for you can compose the 1 lower str. with one of the Giant-girdles and the few less HP is not a big problem at all. So, a human-ranger with Flail of The Ages/Equalizer in the main hand and Crom Fayr in the Off-Hand.

thnx for correcting me

3. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Yes

but not every ranger is going to run around with the most powerful weapons in the game.

if you ask me a more ranger style of weapon would be a scimitar... or maybe a Spear or Halberd. NOT EVERY RANGER SKILLS IN BLEEDING LONGSWORDS, FLAILS AND HAMMERS!

sorry... i apologise for that as i do like those weapons... but i get tired of people explaining that "Crom Faeyr duelled with the Flail of Ages is wikked". Of course it will be because these are HIGHLY powerful weapons.

I luv the ranger class indeed i do... but this is about Classes and their advantages... NOT WEAPONRY! No one should take this personally i just sometimes am an arsehole about these things.

sorry... i must stop this ranting thing... i'll get chucked off one of these days! (i'm sure u lot won't care :D)

4. Hellfire20098 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I think the best class is a fighter/mage/cleric.

For race i pick Elf.( cause they jiust kick ass!!!!!)

5. Lukki Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

[​IMG] Why do you like rangers so much?
    They can't get grand mastery like fighters and the bonuses are small compared to paladin kits.

Could someone tell me why ranger is so good?

6. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

So many classes, too little time.

I played monk first time and I really enjoyed him. Of course this was before the patch, so he was a killing machine with the Celestial Fury!

I am currently playing Kensai/Mage, he's fun, but I'm taking a break from the game right now.

Fighter/Cleric looks good, there are alot of undead.

I'd like to also try an archer because there are so many good arrows throughout the game.

Now that I think about it, one of the bard classes would be fun too.

Half-orc barbarian, might be a nice addition.

Damn, I don't know what to do. :)

7. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Rangers are cool in the 'roleplaying' sense becasue they're the true champions of good, unlike the hypocritical paladins. In gaming, the Archer is amazing, the Stalker is deadly and the Beastmaster is good party support. Plus, they get 2 free points in dual wield.

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Dualclassed human Kensai-thiefs are definitely my favourites, followed by dc kensai-mages. I also like dc swashbuckler-mage (fighting ablilities like multiclassed fighter-mage-thief + AC-bonus + thieving abilities).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.