1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG1 Quote Game

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Loerand, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

[​IMG] It is indeed Montaron, and I think Felinoid guessed it first ... but if he wants to give Bion his turn, that's fine ;)

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Monty was my first instinct, but I thought "Nah, that can't be him, he travels with Xzar." :doh: So I really did mean to guess Kagain, but if Bion can't come up with anything, I do have another quote.

3. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

How 'bout:

"...why not grace our ears with a ripping tale of the old days! Always a delight!"

4. Dranalis DeAealth

Dranalis DeAealth Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc Veteran

That one's stumped me. It sounds so familiar... :(

5. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I swear that's from Icewind Dale, in the Severed Hand where all the elven ghosts are talking to the bard in the common room...

EDIT: Now I remember! It's Bassilus, talking to all his undead family :D

6. Dranalis DeAealth

Ah! Now I remember. :)

7. Felinoid

That's so easy! And the full quote is "Brother Thurm, why not grace our ears with a ripping tale of the old days! Always a delight!" said by 'the madman' Bassilus.

Previously mentioned other quote:
    "My lung! It's flopping all over the dirt!"

P.S. @Dranalis DeAealth:
    How can you not know Bassilus if you live at Zhentil Keep? That's where Bassilus lost both his family and his sanity!

EDIT: Oops! Started this unfortunately long post before RQ? posted his. Sorry. :o

8. Arifirh Gems: 10/31

No worries Felinoid, and just so it's official - that one's from most of the miners in the Nashkel Mines.

Anyway, new quote since that was confirmed:

"[name] good dog!"

9. Myth Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hmm... Dradeel?
    He usually spits out lines like "Back! Bad dog! Werewolves all!!!" Or "You have a lot of time for self-reflection while waiting for the endless waves of bad-doggie werewolf monsters that chew your toes while you are asleep"(BG2) :lol:

10. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Korax is a good dog. At least until he gets too hungry and turns on you.

11. Arifirh Gems: 10/31

Korax it is :)

You're up Chas.

Dradeel was a good guess, though... always nice to be reminded of his dialogue :D

12. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Heh, I though adding the "O Brother Thurm" bit would make it too easy...

13. Chas Gems: 14/31

Not sure how accurate this is because I am just on lunch break and am trying from memory.

Be carfeful out there, I don't need the extra work.

14. Dranalis DeAealth

@Felinoid: Well, there's a lot of people in Zhentil Keep. And besides, my memory is not what it used to be. :D

15. Myth Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

My guess would be Hull.

@RC? Do you remember the poem-recipe for chocolate monkey balls? That is one of the best laughs I have ever had with BG1 :lol:

16. Arifirh Gems: 10/31

@Myth

Yeah, I remember that :D

Has anyone tried to make those?

Xzar always felt like a wannabe Dradeel after I'd played BG2 - no-one else took crazy quite that far :shake:

17. Felinoid

@ RQ?:

I've only ever heard the miners say, "Get me out of this hellhole." The guy who says my quote coughs a bit before he says it.

@Chas:

Isn't that the cleric/winemaker in Gullykin?

[ June 15, 2005, 23:21: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

18. Arifirh Gems: 10/31

Half the miners say that, the other half say "My lung! It's flopping all over the dirt!" It's a generic line.

You get it in the Cloakwood mines too... you get to know the sound quite well since it's repeated from every direction. :mommy:

Unless you're thinking of a specific miner, like the guy who opens up the floodgate for you?

19. Felinoid

@RQ?
    Actually, the only place I ever heard it was from Portalbendarwinden. :xx:

20. Chas Gems: 14/31

Felinoid, You got it.

And I never heard the miners say "My lung! It's flopping all over the dirt!", just Portalbendarwinden. The miners say "I think I am coughing up blood"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.