1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Board Statistics

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Taluntain, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

From the stats table:
    Total Posts: 387408
    Total Members: 8347
    Average Posts per Member: 46

Members with 0 posts: 2428
    Members with 1 posts: 1299
    Members with 2 posts: 923
    Ofcourse these numbers will change as soon as someone posts a few times.

Members who have actually ever posted: 5919
    Average Posts per Member: 65

Members who have posted more than twice: 3697
    Average Posts for these Members: 104

Thankfully, there was only ever one bhallspawn on these boards.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Something to bear in mind is that unlike other boards, ours have a system in place which prevents people from replying to their own posts. This cuts down on a huge amount of spam and unnecessary posts. On other boards it's common to see people post 2, 3 of 4 times in a row, not bothering to rather edit their original post. But this is the only way to do it here. If this reply check wasn't in place, you can be sure we'd have at least twice as many posts by now, if not more.

At some point I'm going to weed out all members with 0 posts... probably once we switch to a new message boards system. But as long as it's not hurting anything if they stay registered, they might as well. People now and then still start posting a long time after they've registered originally.

Well, that's another way to rack up a ton of members... but it'd also mean a gigantic number of people who would only register to see the boards and never post. I made a conscious decision against this right from the start. However, as it is now, unregistered members can't see the profiles of registered members, nor the directory. So it's basically just the posts that they can see until they register.

Yep, everything ever posted is still here, and in the stats. We've lost a few dozen threads and posts in a crash a few years ago, but aside from that, it's all here.

As for Whatnots, yea... until I split it down into several subforums, pretty much everything not having to do with the games was posted there, so a lot more activity was centered in that one forum. Now it's spread out among Whatnots, The Sensorium and Techno-Magic forums.

This is off-topic, so mail me a screenshot and list your browser specs.

3. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

It sorted itself out. I have no idea why it happened, or then, why it decided to go away. Anyways, I am using Mozilla Firefox (which everyone here should be using as their main browser) on an XP Pro OS. :yot: When you upgrade, could you include code to ensure that pages opened in tabs by default, rather than in new windows?

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    That's not possible. Tabs are a browser feature, not something which could be specified in the code. Anyway, not many pages on SP open in a new window, besides screenshot gallery pages.

5. Arifirh Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@ Shrikant

You can get plug-ins which do that for every link by default (or just use your middle mouse button :) )

Tools -> Extensions -> Get More Extensions. Shop around the top rated ones, there's some great enhancements... it's like getting Firefox all over again, only even better! I wince every time I go into windows update with IE now.

(Sorry for continuing the off topicness.)

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Argh, why was I reminded of ther server Crash? I can still feel the pain! I think I lost two, or even thre equivalents of gems!

*shudders*

This is quite the cool thing :D

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Nice analysis, Shrikant. :thumb:

8. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Ooo! One can never get enough stats....I dream of correlation analysis, analysis of variance and regression. :D

9. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

This, like, reminds me of my math/stat exam! :) And those calculations saved my sorry *** back then. Couldnt get enough of it alright. :D Without it them integral-thingies would have killed me quickly.

10. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    We have a discrepancy between the number of people listed as members and the number shown in the forum. There are 82 members hiding somewhere. :alien:

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Cool, Nakia has spotted an anomaly. This must be resolved. Hmm, reminds me of Sapphire and Steel......

Heavier, transuranic elements can not be used where this is life. Sapphire and Steel have been assigned.

12. Taluntain

Media:
    Those would be members deleted for one reason or another. Though we haven't actually deleted any member accounts in as long as I can remember, so this is mostly a legacy from a long time ago. Anyway, the lower number is the right one in regards to how many usable members accounts there are currently.

13. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Oh, pshaw, Tal. Here I thought we had aliens hiding out watching our every move and recording information for their home worlds.

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Didn't you know? The Daleks downloaded the Internets. It's all their fault!

15. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I certainly like Tal's policy of non-deletion of inactive acounts. With 271 posts in about 3 and a half years and at least 3 Avatars\titles lost to inactivity I don't fancy losing my acount as well :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.