1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BoM mod

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by james smith, Dec 5, 2005.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

All my mods are Wei-Du. The only one that might give problems is Tsujatha. They *are* installed in the 'correct' order - BG2 ToB, ToB patch, Baldurdash, a non-Wei-Du mod if any, Wei-Du mods. :rolleyes: If anyone can tell me *when* to install the BoM Pack, such as before such-and-such or always install Banter Packs *last*, etc., I will gladly reinstall.

2. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    BoM shouldn't cause any conflicts with your game if you've installed it prior to visiting Waukeen's Promenade (Otherwise normal install order, as Kuemper descirbed it, applies). BoM won't affect Banter packs, NPC mods, etc. as it holds no banter to which banter packs add's dialogue, and holds no affilitation to any other mod.

The only "possible" conflict I can see is Tsujatha and the banter pack/flirt pack. Does these add anything new to Tsujatha?

Normally you would install the NPC's before installing banter packs and it's ilk.

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Not that I know of. Hmm. I'll take out Tsujatha and see what that does.

EDIT: I uninstalled Tsujatha and tried again. Same problems as before. I did a clean install of everything (uninstalled, reinstalled the game with only ToB patch, Baldurdash, DBG and BoM Pack), even rebooting my computer.

Created a gnome illusionist/thief and used DBG to get through. I kept Jaheira, Minsc, Yoshimo and Imoen. We got to the Promenade, Imoen was kidnapped and we trudged down to where Bion is. New problems. Bion has no name when I held the cursor over him. I still get the third dialogue option when first talking to him, then blank talk screen the second time. I clicked around to get him to teleport us to Tal. Okay, that worked. I walked to Tal and talked to him, getting the blank talk screen. I clicked around and got Jaheira's name. With nothing else there to see, I kept clicking at the top and Jaheira's name showed up three more times. Then Tal became his dragon form. Oops.

I went back to the autosave and tried to get Bion to teleport us again. He did, only this time we appeared at the top fountain near that elf hater.

[ December 11, 2005, 17:48: Message edited by: kuemper ]

4. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Have you DLed the latest version of the mod, btw. I remember that autosave problem well enough, I know I fixed it...

I think I'll have to try it out for myself, and see if I can figure out where (if any) the conflict appears.

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31

The version I d/l is this one. The date on the .exe file is 12/4/05. The readme says Version 1.1 beta.

If what I d/l isn't the newest, then where can I find it?

6. olimikrig

Media:
    I will have to ponder some on this. I'll also try out some combos with those mods you have installed, Kuemper, and see if I can spot a compability issue.

7. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I have Banter Packs installed, and my BoM works just fine, so I don't think Banter affects it...

?

8. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

But the order of install is key here, it seems Saber did it right and Kuemper (maybe) completely did it wrong?

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I installed it last in both run throughs. It's possible I don't have the current BoM pack, but that would mean the SP linkage isn't updated or something. It didn't work with the patch, Baldurdash, DBG and BoM in that order. It's weird because the original beta worked just fine with my mods, Tsujatha included. :skeptic:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.