1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bored? Depressed? Just plain stupid? Let's hear it!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Sep 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] I suggested a drink, not a drinking trip :p

Though, my question is, what's a Gatorade?

2. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Seriously Lokken?

It's a fortified liquid used to rejuvenate sickly reptiles :D

J/K - it's a sports drink!

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

[​IMG] Do I look like a sports idiot!?

I don't sit in the chat for so long because I'm doing sports :p

4. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Is it the same as our Lucozade, or are they different?

5. PowerPuff Guest

I'm trying desperately to have fun with green threads and native threads at the moment. I'm sure there's something there that is supposed to amuse me, but I have obviously failed completely in my somewhat pathetic attempt to develop a sense of humour.

There is no coffee left. What is a boy to do? Drink a massive amount of alcohol and ride my all a-wasted braincells all the way into oblivion? (I have liquor, but no coffee. No warning signs there, no sir... ;) )

The local soccer team is having guests over for some Champions League match, I believe. I think I'll park my humble little self outside the stadium gates and throw toilet paper at the crowd as people come out, shouting "Rooooosenboooooorg!!!!", or whatever it is the locals keep yapping at every opportunity. Intriguing, I'm sure, though I don't quite share their enthusiasm.

This day has reminded me of a Utah Phillips quote from an Ani DiFranco CD:

That's when [Fry Pan Jack] told me - you know, he'd been tramping since 1927 -
    he said, "I told myself in '27, if I cannot dictate the conditions of my labor,
    I will henceforth cease to work." Hah! You don't have to go to college to
    figure these things out, no sir! He said, "I learned when I was young that the
    only true life I had was the life of my brain. But if it's true the only real
    life I have is the life of my brain, what sense does it make to hand that brain
    to somebody for eight hours a day for their particular use on the presumption
    that at the end of the day they will give it back in an unmutilated condition?"
    Fat chance!

Time to go home & make peace with my neighbours.

[This message has been edited by PowerPuff (edited September 25, 2001).]

6. Sniper hasn't been on for 5 days!!! :( Damnit you Sniper!!!

7. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Lol Lucozade??? When I first saw that I thought it said Lucasade, I was like what George Lucas has a sports drink now???
    ;) :grin: :p
    We also have Powerade, a Gatorade wanna be.

8. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

9. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Nobleman, the link is no good :(

I don't think we can go into your mailbox, but I assume it's the monitor on the photocopying machine

10. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Everytime I see one of these:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think to myself tomato face, tomato face! Ha! It's hard for me to get mad.

Ha, see a tomato face below me, it never fails :grin:

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited September 27, 2001).]

11. Argh!!!!! Sniper liked committed suicide!!!! I swear!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

12. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Tomato face indeed!

I got a 5+ on my mathematics test! :roll: :hahaerr:

13. Yeah well... I aced a science test yesterday so ha! :) :p ;)

14. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I am actually writing an essay for university, we have three weeks time to finish our tasks. 10 days after our tasks have been given out, a pal from university called up to ask me for help solving the problem, since he just returned from holiday, and therefore was a little short of time.

I was a little bit annoyed about that but since he's a friend from my sis I helped him by giving telling him a few sentences and where to find them. I was angry, but I am not unfair (he still has to read and understand them) :holy:

You must be a fool to think it is possible to finish a 3-week essay in just 12 days. Anyway, but to ask me for help after lying in the sun the first half (the time I spent time in the library) is just impertinent.

Today, the second last day of the three weeks, he called up in an acute panic attack and he is coming to discuss the case with ma (and to get some cd's from me). Now it is time for revenge :evil:
    I cooked my worst tea, *very* cheap and *very* strong Oolong tea from the cina store (tastes like fuel, well, I seem to be *the only one* to like it :evil: ), grabbed out my oldest cookies (they look a bit greyish), strategically placed a bottle of whiskey close to my desk (on arms lenhgth) :D and arranged my desk in a very well ordered way to indicate how relaxed I actually am (he shouldn't know that I'm not). Actually he's wasting my time - I wanted to finish typing my handwritten notes in the time :mad:
    I'll try to give him the impression to be (a) nuts and (b) totally incompetent while giving him honest and correct answers.

When he leaves his panic will have turned into rightous frenzy :evil: Bastard :flaming:

15. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

[​IMG] the wolf in sheeps clothing, hehe ;)

Though I think you might be a bit hard on him, why don't just tell him you're busy and he has to make his own stuff. If needs any help, tell him the library is a good place to seek information :D

16. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] What a busy week for all of us. Me, I had to fire somebody with two kids. :( Damn, I hate this part of my job.:nolike:

But what am I supposed to do with someone who is two hours late and has recieved three written warnings already!? :flaming: People need to be served their food!

Maybe I should sell my restaurant... :hmm: Nah, I need to make money so I can buy more games and make Interplay richer. (Not to mention pay the bills and send my sister thru school)

Damnit! I think I need a wife! (But I'll start small first, maybe a puppy or something...):roll:

[This message has been edited by eveningdrive (edited September 27, 2001).]

17. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

eveningdrive ... get a puppy first and if you still love it and haven't killed it in a year, then get married! :)

Worked for me! In the past 4 years I've had 3 dogs ... but only 1 wife! :grin:

18. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hehehe... I bet you won't be posting that grinning smiley when your significant other happens upon your post! :D

It'll be the doghouse for you my friend. :lol:

:D

19. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Bah, my well elaborate psy-op failed to 50% since he just drank my tea :evil: and tried one of my cookies (I threw them away finally, when he left) :evil:

The frenzy thing did not fwrk, he is just a wee bit more confused as normal. Maybe it is better that way ;)

anyway, lesson learned: any subtle and sinister plot can just come to work on a sensitive, perceptive and reasonably intelligent person ;) :D

20. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Eveningdrive, what kind of restaurant do you own?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.