1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

bows or crossbows

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Magiens Materialis, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

You all half-converted me. My mage is using a crossbow, my sorceress a bow.

The crossbow does seem more effective, but I tend to find more arrows, and there is no "returning" bolt (that I've found).

3. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Yea i'm sorta there with Mat, after I read this I took my Sorceress off slings and put her on crossbows, and the game suddenly passes a whole lot faster.

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I always go for bows on the basis of how much crossbows sucked in the BG series

[ April 18, 2003, 08:34: Message edited by: Aikanaro ]

5. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Personally, I like bows. Longbows, in fact. OLD SKOOL!!! :D

6. Shadow Sword Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Personally I like longbows. But for a magi user I will say crossbows. I don't think it counts strength points.

7. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hellz Bellz: He's a Drow right? Drow = Elf.

Elves get a starting talent with Bows

Start him using the Free feat with the Bows.. When you have the Extra feat to waste, plug one or two into Crossbow.

Give your drow the first Good crossbow you can (Dragu's.. ) And then watch him rock

It's an easy transition, as the game GIVES you the bow feat, and if you really want to keep bows, then more power to you..

But if you have your heart dead-set on that prettiful heavey x-bow of cow slaughtering, (+9 against cows..)

Then you can just drop a feat or two into Crossbows and have at it!!

Why pick, As an ELF you can have Both!

8. Magiens Materialis Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] My sorcerer is currently using a bow for the beginning but I plan to use a crossbow later in the game.

9. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

i gotta say that now im starting to use crossbows, im discovering a whole new world. but i dont find many bolts though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.