1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Canadian Knowledge...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Faerus Stoneslammer, Apr 16, 2002.

1. sorvo Guest

I've been to Canada a few times(only southeast portion) and I heard the term "Back Bacon" for Ham. Not trying to start trouble:) Sorry, I scanned right past your post Sprite!

[This message has been edited by sorvo (edited April 29, 2002).]

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Canadians are a bunch of Maple syrup drinking, hockey playing, toque wearin', beer guzzlin, flap jackin, canadian bacon eatin', Brian Adams listening, sled dog driving, Kids in the Hall watchin', marijuana smoking, queen loving, quebec seceding, igloo livin' in, "eh" saying hosers!

Just bear in mind this is coming from a couch potatoing, Jerry Springer watching, McDonald's eatin', football (american) playing, Cadillac drivin', natural resource usin', world polluting, mass marketing, patriotic, 70 hour a week working (well, when I start back to work that is..), money grubbing, drive by shooting, censorship imposing, trailer park livin', cowboy hat wearing, gun toting, missile pointin', bomb droppin', prudish, Yank chucklehead!
    :grin: :spin: :roll:

3. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well put, Bel.

4. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Sorvo - "Back Bacon" is another term for Pemeal Bacon (Sprite describes above). They're used pretty interchangeably here.

Sir Bel - You're pretty much dead on, but Brian Adams went out of style a while ago ;) Gotta go - Maple Leafs playoff game tonight (need to get the beer for the game)

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I know a lot of stereotypes all over the world, including the Netherlands, where i come from....but Canada? Sorry...nothing at all. One question though...do they all have mud on their boots?

6. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

As being a Canadian I can say that we do not say aboot and anybody that does is looked at strange
    We don’t say eh all the time.
    We do not live in igloos or hunt polar bears(i would if i could though)
    Bacon is Bacon
    Our money has color
    We have a Prime Minister not a President
    Our beer is stronger than American beer
    We have ten provinces and 3 territories
    Our national sport is lacrosse not hockey
    Yes we have running water, cars and schools
    No they are NOT made out of snow or ice

And yes Canadians like spreading lies to Americans aboot how we live :)

Edit
    We only have mud on our boots if we forget to knock it off.

[This message has been edited by Thorin (edited April 27, 2002).]

7. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'm American.

That makes all of you (move my finger in a giant wave) stereotypical Immigrants.

Canadians are good people because they're so much like Americans. But Arabs - no, no, no! They are stupid and evil because look at them, all unAmerican and all!

(warning: may contain unindividual general senstivities that pertain to a sarcastic stature)

8. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Well i am Canadian and i DO say eh all the time hehe

I love Hockey. I Dont live in an igloo nor have dog sleds. I dont wear a toque. Nor a redneck shirt hehe.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.