1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cespenar

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by DinoTiggy1, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] My vote goes to the flail of ages (i'm not sure how they don't brane themselves with at least one of those 5 heads)

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    1.)Axe of the Unyielding +5
    What's Needed & Location(s)
    Axe of the Unyielding +3 - Loot from Rock the minotaur on the fourth floor of Watcher's Keep
    Baalor's Claw - Loot from Brennan the Fire Giant on the second floor of Yaga-Shura's lair
    5,000 Gold Pieces

2.)Storm Star +5
    Storm Star +3 - Obtained by pressing Triangular Button, Green Dial, and Medium Lever on the Machine of Lum the Mad on the fourth level of Watcher's Keep
    Starfall Ore - Found in a cabinet in Kiser Jhaeri's basement in Saradush
    5,000 Gold Pieces

3.)Flail of Ages +5
    Flail of Ages +4 - Forged by Cespenar the Imp
    Electric Flail Head - Loot from Abazigal in his lair
    5,000 Gold Pieces

These are 3 VERY GOOD weapons :rolling:

3. DinoTiggy1 Guest

You can also upgrade the Flail of ages with the poison head to, it's in the Watchers keep slime labratiory, it's good. trust,me

4. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I thought taralash could be upgraded with the bowstring of gond...

5. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well, as I don't have a faintest clue what taralash is, I can't say for sure.

And the cloak thingie is in the Githyanki ship in watcher's keep. The second part of it is held by the mayor of Amkethran. Help his daughter to get it. (Killing or pickpocketing might work, too.)

6. Ubull Ravenhorn Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Where is Psion's blade?
    My vote goes to Flail of ages+5

7. Kull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

FOR FIGHTERS:
    In SOA, Celestial Fury is probably the best weapon. In TOB, the Flail of Ages eventually becomes the best weapon for a number of reasons: it damages through stone skin, it will usually always damage through one of its heads (killing trolls), it is a blunt weapon allowing you to hit what blades can't, you can UPGRADE it, the Slow effect ALWAYS (eventually) works and is priceless, the +5 flail does horrendous damage and protects against slow (important in the last encounters). In short, FOA all the way!

Incidentally, Carsomyr +6 is good, but in a duel, Soul Reaver can be better!

FOR MAGES
    The Staff of the Magi, there is no other to compare. It's upgrade for those undergoing Tensor's Transformation is called the Staff of the Ram +6!

[This message has been edited by Kull (edited May 29, 2002).]

8. Tasohan Gems: 10/31

You get taralash, when you kill the huntress in the fight just before demogorgon.

9. Carmsyr+6 is one of the best weapons and the best two handed blade!!!

10. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I wouldn't call it the best blade per se. For Paladin's it's the best twohandedsword, yes. But if I'm a Berserker, I can't do anything with it.

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Then why don't you sell it?

I *really* like the flail of ages :grin:

12. Kull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

If you have a paladin, of course you should upgrade Carsomyr to +6. It is the weapon that my inquisitor uses almost all the time. It is superior to the shield + purifier or other weapons. However, in some instances the Soul Reaver is better. And of course, some monsters will require something other than Carsomyr to hit!

It's interesting that some of the best weapons come from SOA and are not upgradable, such as the Staff of the Magi and Crom Faeyr. Then again, should there be a weapon more powerful than this staff?!

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I got a list of the upgrade stuff

Aslyferund Elven Chain (Bladesinger chain + scroll of protection)
    Axe ot Unyielding +5
    Bag of plenty +2
    Blessed Bracers (Paladins bracers)
    Blue Dragon Plate Mail
    Bow of Darkfire +5
    Carsomyr +6
    Case of plenty +2
    Circlet of Netheril
    Clay/Stone/Juggernaught Golem Manuals
    Club of Detonation +5
    Dagger of the Star +5
    Erinne Sling +5
    Firetooth +5
    Flail of Ages +5
    Foebane +4
    ram the sword of grief +5
    Heartwood Ring
    Helm of the Rock
    Hindos Dooom
    Cloak of Protection
    Ixil's spike
    Montolios Cloak
    Purifier +5
    Quiver of plenty +2
    Ravager +6
    Runehammer +5
    Spectral Brand +5
    Staff of the Ram +6
    Storm Star +5
    Sword of Angurvadal +5
    Sword of the Mask +5
    Taralash +5 (uses the bowstring of Gond)
    Thieves Hood
    White Dragon Scale
    Wondrous gloves

Blimey, he makes loads!

14. DinoTiggy1 Guest

[​IMG] My fav. would have to be either the flail of ages +5 or the Paladins "kick ass" Carsomyr +6.:lol:

But the Gram - sword of grief (whatever) is really handy for taking out the monsters that Melissan summons up, once its been upgraded anyway

[This message has been edited by DinoTiggy1 (edited June 04, 2002).]

15. 8people

Media:
    I like cespanars' dialogs before he upgrades something.

I like Firetooth, no need for bolts and a crispy burnt enemy every time :grin:

16. DinoTiggy1 Guest

[​IMG] I know that this isn't exactly one of Cespinar's upgrades. But I just love the stuff that the blacksmith in Amkethran makes for you.

The big metal unit, like an iron golem
    big metal rod, like a crossbow
    and all the ammo for it, eg frag grenades

And all from three pairs of pants.

17. 8people

Media:
    I don't think this is Cespanar either but does someone make the Big Gun?

18. Laufey Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Though it's far from the best weapon around, in terms of damage dealt or advantages offered, I've found myself growing rather fond of the upgraded Ravager. There is nothing whatsoever quite like handing it to Sarevok and sending him after annoyingly resilient critters. Gotta love those vorpal strikes...

19. DinoTiggy1 Guest

Oh yes, that came in major handy for me in Abazigal's lair, when getting rid of some of the annoyng low level creatures, It's also handy in the throne of Bhaal too.

20. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31

When I came to Cespenar I had Keldorn in my party so the best upgrade for me was the Carsomyr +6.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.