1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cooking In General

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
  2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Incidentally, I love shrimp salad

A handful of shrimp, 2 hard bpoiled eggs, a little leek, a bunch of chives, and a good dose of lemnon may mashed together = heaven.

Also, egg + tuna + leek + chives + mayo = heaven on rye :love:

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Actually I redeemed my position as chef in this house tonight by making deep-fried pork balls. They were very good. I'm thinking that the desicated chicken from last night may stay in the untouchable leftover section of the fridge. If I decide to make deep-fried chicken again I will try your suggested recipe Rally. :) . Thanks.

I figure I'll do one more day of deep fried stuff and then I'll retire the deep frier for another year.

4. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    The grill at Chez Rally is open for the season! We purchased our first tank of fuel today - don't even start with me about not using hardwood charcoal, I don't want to hear it! - and celebrated with a meal of turkey cutlets in herbed honey-mustard sauce, and a combination of veggies. Yum!

Burgers tomorrow, unless the steaks are defrosted. :roll:

5. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i think the hokey-pokey ice cream is Nougat(spl) like the crunchy stuff in toblerone

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yeah, it's a bit like the crunchy stuff in Tolberone, but more airy. If you had a big chunk of hokey pokey, it would be quite light (like the inside of a Crunchie Bar or a Violet Crumble).

7. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

ahh okay, i have a pretty good idea of wha tit is now, thx

8. Dice

Media:
    That stuff inside the crunchy bar is sponge toffee and it is very easy to make. Just don't put it in a glass pan or you'll never get it out of there when it hardens. Slightly flexible metal works good. And don't forget to grease! If you want some extra flavor when its done just dip some of the chunks into some good quality melted chocolate.

9. Arabwel

Media:
    ... my kingdom for syrup, cause I REALLY want to try that! :love:

10. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

:yum: but bad Dfly

11. Arabwel

Media:
    So, I made coconut breas. Am currenbtly feasring on the fruits of my labour and damn, it is GOOD.

Ingredients:
    1 c. shredded coconut
    3 c. flour
    1 c. sugar
    1 T. baking powder
    1/2 t. salt
    1 t. vanilla
    1 egg
    1 and 1/2 c. milk

Procedure
    1) grease and lightly flour 9x5x3 loaf pan. *best results with pyrex loaf pan*
    2) mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
    3) stir in egg, milk, and vanilla by hand until all are combined.
    batter
    4) pour into the pre-prepared loaf pan.
    5) bake at 350 degrees F for 70 minutes
    6) pop it out and cool it on a rack before cutting

THis is the recipe I jhad. However - I obnly had about half a cup of coconut, so ended up using 1/2 cup of cocnut milk and 1 cup of milk to compensate, and this is still yumntastic like woah :D (even if I forgot the vanilla)

12. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    I got to harvest the first herbs from my planters, one little week after putting them in! The weather was spectacular for establishing new plants.

On one night I tossed pasta with the herbs (Italian parsley, basil, oregano, rosemary), plus some Feta and Parmagiana-Regianno, then added grilled veggies (zucchini, cherry tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic). Another night I took lots of the fresh cilantro and put it in a salad with corn, hominy, pink beans, chopped tomato, and scallion, dressed with olive oil, lime juice, and black pepper.

I love edible gardening. :roll:

13. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Edible gardening is cool, as well as my herbs this year I'm growing chillis. :D

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    I have one bell pepper plant and two tomato plants in the planters, too, but they're far from being ready to harvest. Unfortunately the best space on the yard for a dedicated garaden is also the best space for a shed, so I'm limited to planters on the deck. Next year some bush beans will join the party, and maybe some more chiles. I love chiles, even though the little palates I cater to don't (yet). ;)

15. Dice

Media:
    Unfortunatly the weather here is too cold to grow chillis well but I'm growing a lot of cooking herbs. I even found my favorite lemon thyme which is hard to locate sometimes.

I bought a coconut yesterday so I'm going to try Aras recipe, it looks yummy.

16. Arabwel

Media:
    it is, donöt tempt me to make some more of it :p

I am currebntly in love with incredibly simple snack - a slice of smoked cheese on a rice cake. tastes heavenly, and the cheese is jsut creamy enough to make the rice cake les.. rice-cakey :D

17. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Cool, I just made myself an affogato (I think that is what it is called). A scoop of ice cream with a freshly brewed shot of espresso coffee poured over the top. Yum.

18. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Has anyone else seen Pimp My Snack? It's basically a site where people send in pictures of monster-sized confectionaries they made. Like toffee pennies the size of a dinner plate, or a 4-foot long gummy snake.

19. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    That sounds very nice, HB! I'm going to have to try it.

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

At the grocery store, I saw this ice cream called Bear Claw - dark chocolate ice cream with choc. covered cashews and caramel. Utterly divine! :yum:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.