1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Diablo 2 classes

Discussion in 'Diablo 1 & 2' started by Melkhior, Jun 8, 2001.

1. Ex-Paladine Banned

Yeah Diablo II again. Which class I played with a druid and I finished the game in nightmare but now which one:

Necromancer
    Sorceress
    Paladin

2. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Defenitly sorceress!She really rocks !
    Teleportation,static field and fire wand(does on high Lvl something about 5000 damage)and you can kill as good as everything.Oh,forget this one thunderstorm attack,it hasn't such a big damage(on Lvl 20 something about 1000)but you have to cast it once and than it works for 2 minutes and you can do other spells meanwhile.

3. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Definitely Amazon.
    You can always (well, nearly always) run and shoot seeking arrows in the general direction. The fun is, that when you have piercing arrows via some weapon, it's hitting +-four times! :D
    Valkyrie can block the path for meelee monsters, you can shoot monsters when they can't reach you or when they don't see you (I killed Mephisto without difficulties at hell difficulty with seeking arrow).

And then, you have not to run after every stupid fallen one. Just click and see him fall. ;)

4. Ex-Paladine Banned

Ohh sorc I want to say something. I will play on Battle net. so...

5. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

Guided Arrow doesn't give enough damage bonus,you have to fight for five minutes for a monster in hell difficulty !

6. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Just to correct my own stupidity in a couple of posts above (but hey, they were made almost two years ago ;) ):

The cold specialized sorceress has big problems. How could I know so many "bosses" on hell were cold immune?

7. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

use all wrong! the assasin is the best player i have ever used.

8. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

But she hasn't got any attack for monster herds(except her poor traps ),so you have to kill every monster seperatly,and that's no fun.

9. Ex-Paladine Banned

Not all traps some traps are very very good.

10. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well my favorite is the Paladin and the Druid. I never use a Barbarian, try putting him against either a Amazon os a Sorceress, and falls, hard.

11. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

Her traps don't do enough damage.Her stongest trap does 120-200 damage on Lvl 20.The only good trap may be the trap wich lets the corpses of the enimies explode,but the necromancer version of the spell is much better.!

12. Ex-Paladine Banned

Her best trap is Wake of Inferno and it hurts..

13. Pyro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'm a long-time Diablo II addict and I assume many posting in this thread has not finnished hell difficulty? The necromancer is PLAYABLE, but that's the end of it. He simply sucks, almost all of his skills get useless later and in the end he ends up looking bored. If you want a melee character then you should choose the Barbarian, and if you want a spellcaster you should choose the Sorceres. Those two are the two most powerfull characters, end of story. An amazon is only good if you play online and can trade to get a good weapon.

14. Ex-Paladine Banned

Oh I tried to finish game with necromancer in Nightmare but I can't. It was very hard. I tried and finished after 7 tries.

15. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I have finished NM with necro and it was somewhat easy, but then i have finished NM with sorc in 1/4 of the time i needed with necro, so my oppinion would be that sorc is better, but she doesnt have any minion :( On the other hand amazon has valkyre that is better than decoy, but she is still a decoy. And yes, play amazon only if you have bow for her. Necro has lot's of problems with physical resistance on hell and his minions die like flyes there. Amazon also suffers from similar problem but at leas she has LF for groups. Sorc's spells are weak for 8 player games, but good enough for single player. And i have question too: Which is best fire spell for sorc? (that kills :) )

16. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

Fire wand for sure!

17. Pyro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Assuming your playing with the latest patch, firewall is the best fire-spell. Oh, and with the necro comment I wrote "The necro is playable, but thats the end of it", so I did indeed mean that he is the worst char.

18. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

that may be right :D
    I only played with the nec untill chapter two,first quest,where you have to find Rhadamend.
    It was so stupid to kill all of your monsters,because of getting into a dead way :mad:

[ April 09, 2003, 21:09: Message edited by: Sephirot ]

19. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

IMO Necromancer is the easiest character to totaly screw up. If you invest in Bone and poison tabs you are left with nothing truly powerful in the end. So ignore this way completely.

Summons are your shieldmakers. Bodyshield consists of skeletons and weak golems in the start but dont invest more than 1 point in either of it except in masteries. Save points for your favourite golem and Revive skill. Especialy Revive will be the only life-saver on nightmare and especialy hell difficulty.
    Its good becouse it uses the strenght of the monsters and augments it further into a true monster.

Most of the points should go to the curses tab. Some are interesting but none as much as Iron Maiden. Go look on any Diablo II forum and you'll se what i'm talking about.
    Its always nice (bastardish :shake: ) to use the strenght of enemies against themselves. I bet if any of you've been playing melee character he remembers those sorcerers in Diablo's sanctuary(the northern-most seal for instance).
    If a monster hits hard it receives back 500% damage on later levels of Iron Maiden.
    Combined with revived (multiplies starting health of killed monsters) it makes a killer combo.

I made such a necro and i had no serious problems except for bosses if i didnt kill them the first time. The problem is you havent got the most powerful monsters around him to revive.

Well those are the basics of good necro development :p

20. Ex-Paladine Banned

:yot:
    1) I won't agree. Necro has some good skills, golem
    skeletons, but I won't agree necro is easy. It is difficult.

2) Sorc is very easy. Get your firewall and fire mastery 20 kill all monster in seconds.
    3) And Druid likes Necro but druid has elemental attacks. Druid is easy too..
    4)Paladin is the hardest I think.

Someone whispers: don't say bad things to Paladin ;)

5) Barbarian is the easist of 7 chars for me.
    :happy: :p :happy: :p :happy:

[ April 14, 2003, 16:51: Message edited by: Paladine ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.