1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Diablo 2 classes

Discussion in 'Diablo 1 & 2' started by Melkhior, Jun 8, 2001.

1. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

How can a Barbarian beat a sorc :confused:
    I always thought Barbarians are the cheapest charackters ! And I'm sure a Sorc with teleport will beat any Barbie ( :D )

2. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

LoL!
    Dude Barb beats Sorc with just a shot, plus logically every good Sorc has Teleport.And Barb has Leap Attack, Whirlwind, Bersek etc... I don't even get into high resistances.
    Just a touch, it's over.

3. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

If he gets near enough ...

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Yes it takes skill to use the Whirld Wind attack. The split second You see her throw a Frozen orb. Or rather the split second before she throws her frozen orb, you launch your attack. A sorc has no chance against it. She has to go in pretty close to use her orbs or novas and stand still for just a fraction of a second. Sooner or later the Brick-wall Barb will get a devastating series of hits. Especially if he uses a weapon with long range.

An Amazon doesn't have to get close to barbs though. And her Cats eye amulettish-Mavians dressed outfit with Weaponswitch to Titans Matrix sprint and weapon switch back to hit with knockbacking Windforce (or just cleglaw's pincher gloves (knockback too) with any bow) makes her Naught impossible to catch. Not to mention if she uses Nosferatus belt. Oh dear.

But amazons are pretty fragile both with hitpoints and with elemental resistances, should they ever get caught. Hence an obvious target for most sorcs. And the Amazon has to stand still to fire her guided arrows (which doesn't work well against teleport) next to the ever moving whirld wind barb. Makes her much more predictable for a sorc.

Of course it takes much time to learn and practice these skills. But I was talking the best of.. situations. Else everyone can beat everyone. And just a note, This is duelling in hell mode.

But hey. There are endless of surprises in duels. The teleporting (from amulet) Necromancer with Amp damage skill and A merc with windforce and damage enhancing jewels in armor and Blackhon'rs helmet. Surprises most. But don't mention it to anyone, it violates almost every tournament duelling rules on closed b-net... :1eye:

[ May 10, 2003, 14:59: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

5. Khelben Gems: 15/31

Damn I hate dupers and hackers!
    Today I saw a Buriza Armor! this guy had a WF in hand with a buriza armor, harlequin crest nosferatu belt and a helm with 580 mf.
    Then I looked at my items that I thought they were good.[Oculus,several charms,Skullder's Ire, Harlequin Crest,Tals Amulet,Nagelrings,Tals Belt, Lidless Wall,War Traveler, Chance Guards]
    DAMN! Countless hours of Mephisto MF await!

6. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Hehe Your items are good. And hey. His Bugged MF helmet is Bugged Bugged. It has less than 70 in MF. The only thing that changed was the text box on the helmet. But don't tell him. He deserves it. :hahaerr:

7. Khelben Gems: 15/31

Really? I'm glad that I heard this.
    Still searching for a Windforce
    Any news from the new patch?

8. Pyro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

If you see items to good to be true on closed battle.net, they are to good to be true :) There are hacks that allow you to make "ghosts" of items, IE: Make them look like their there while they really don't exist at all. It's called trade hack.

9. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Yeah. I agree with Pyro. We can't warn too much about Trade hacks. Look in my post in the other Diablo Thread for more details.

Khelben. There are many new rumours about patch 1.10 but nothing real solid except perhaps those new 100 unique items and the new ladder system. Especially the release date is a mystery. But I would say it is a matter of months or weeks before it is finished. Not years as it has felt for a long time now. :)

10. Pyro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

11. Khelben Gems: 15/31

Yeah I know about 1.10 , the new ladder system suck , no more cow for lvl 99.

12. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] I think the new Ladder system is excellent, just for two reasons. No one is forced in there, and its clean of bugged and Ith and dupes for a few days. A good place to play the game for once.

I am not planning on going there. I'll keep Magic finding with My CruiserMF sorc, as I've done a long long time. I can always trade to the items from the ladder system once they are released by a new ladder season. And there are plenty of new items for the non-ladder characters to find outside of the ladder.

On the cow issue. I am glad I don't have to spend any more time in there, although I am gonna miss joining a trading or duel game and magic find on my own in 8 player mode in cows. If you are not level 99 yet I recommend it before its to late. With a XP-shrine dangling over your head. hehe.

Once you get away from cows you'll find it a joy to actually Magic find and level everywhere. According to the E3 interview Rushing does NOT pay off anymore. It never really has. If you mule smart and clever items over, you can level yourself in big games to level 40 on normal in three hours. Like my own superior 6-socketed Crystal sword level 9 req with +54 to max damage and x%ED armors and helmets . Or +110 mana from level 5 to sorcs etc. Then mule new Massacring items over for nightmare.

It seems the Xp after level 70 will drop rapidly in 1.10. But level 70 isn't all that bad, if you have a batch of epic high level characters from 1.09 to equip super Elite high level req stuff on. Annyway the Epic (95-99) high level characters won't have planned the synergistic skill changes at all as the new 1.10 level 70-80 charc can do. So the new 1.10 heroes might even be better at level 75 than those ancients heroes of 1.09 are as 99.

[ May 21, 2003, 13:35: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

13. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

If they ban cow-runs, won't people just play blood runs then?

14. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Yes. Depending on what act 1-4 monsters drop next to act 5 monsters. If Act 5 monsters get too hard to kill, People might as well magic find elsewhere if great drops are possible at lower hell acts.

Anyway for XP hunters, Act 5 in all its places, will be swarmed. Since Act 5 is where the most XP s rewarded. This will most likely narrow down to a few selected places after some weeks.

Further with Leeching beeing naught impossible in patch 1.10 we'll most likely see people team up with equal levelled people in all acts in all difficulty levels. Not just sitting around in the chat room, spamming for a rush to hell cows, cause they know eeven if the ask for three hours in row its still much more XP rewarding than actually playing the game. I'll Be so incredibly happy when I see that constant nuisance of "please Rush me" dissapear from the chatrooms. Damn Lazy kids. :hahaerr:

15. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Raibow Facet, is silly its useless to people who play only Hardcore.

16. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

@ Nobleman, the "plz rush me" crap is one of the reasons i stopped playing D2. i might reconsider if that goes away.

17. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

By all means reconsider. I think it will be worth a look this summer.

Something Corporate, Imagine half a dozen of that jewel on a merc. *Scary*

18. Khelben Gems: 15/31

Well Nobleman but you must admit that without Cows and rushing stuff 99 lvling would be VERY hard.
    I think they are improving Druid and Necro because of the very little playability and uselessness of characters.AFAIK there is a rune set with +3 druid skills and 300 ED and Necro's bone spear stuff is getting hella powerful.
    I also think that Pindleskin will be more popular than Meph in MF terms because of the new Elite-Uniques that Pindle surely is going to drop. Jut count your rare elite items from Pindleskin.Well I'm pindling since it deopped me a rare hydra bow.
    I also think that they MUST lower the power of Buri a little.Buri is godly, and not as expensive as Windforce and I'm sick that every amazon has one.

19. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Nobleman, I completely forgot about Merc's. Allso it's tradeable. But the Best thing about Hardcore, is that sojs are not the system of money or trade. The last Time I played D2LOD, was when the patch was first annouced. But It never came. And from reading through some of this thread, It still is not out. I'd used to love this game, but I got bored of it easly. It turned into nothing but cows over and over agian. When My druid hit level99 I found nothing esle do it. I had over 4 accounts, soo many friends, who were rich too. And we just ended up talking more then playing.

20. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

ROFL Khelben, you wouldn't believe how much hair was yanked out in fury at all the double/triple durability rare level 87-90s I got. Later I started keeping them as a symbol of how much this game was screwing me. I had about almost 10 over two months. :bang:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.