1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Diablo II

Discussion in 'Diablo 1 & 2' started by Aces, May 30, 2008.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    What level do the fire spells go off at? It should make you pretty much unstoppable - you have an army of minions for huge physical damage, which along with Amplify Damage should get rid of all but the toughest physical immunes, AND you have fire damage as backup now too.

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Meteor and Firewall dish out about 9K damage each, while Fireball does about 3.5K. Not sure about the exact level, I also have some skill enhancing items.

But yes, the Necrobutcher is pretty much unstoppable now. Hell difficulty Duriel took a bigtime spanking - Decripify, my army of summons and myself chucking Meteors... I expect Meph to go down just as easily.

Oh yeah, the Necrobutcher's level 86 now, Act 3, Hell. Looks like the good times are coming to an end...

3. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

the stats are here: http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/sets/sets7.shtml

about 3 sets down or something, and yes it is pretty neat indeed!

here they are:

Partial Set Bonus
    +18 To Fire Ball (2 Items)*
    Regenerate Mana 15% (2 Items)
    +13 To Fire Wall (3 Items)
    Additional Regenerate Mana 15% (3 Items)
    Additional Regenerate Mana 15% (4 Items)
    +10 To Meteor (4 Items)

Complete Set Bonus
    +3 To Necromancer Skill Levels
    20% Life Stolen Per Hit
    +3 To Fire Mastery
    +10 To Meteor
    +13 To Fire Wall
    +18 To Fire Ball*
    +200 Defense
    +100 To Mana
    Regenerate Mana 60%
    Replenish Life +5
    All Resistances +50
    Transforms into Vampire

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Nice indeed - I had a couple of nice find last night, that pretty much ensured my next character will be an amazon - picked up a buriza and valykrie wing - one in the Glacial Trail, the other on the Frozen Tundra (both Hell difficulty of course). The buriza was actually in a chest I opened - I didn't get it from a creature drop.

5. Disciple of The Watch

I just uploaded a pic of what the Necrobutcher looks like with the whole set. Check it out... or not.

And yes, the complete set has some very nice bonuses. I did a LAN game with a few friends and we plowed through Hell Act III with little to no difficulty.

Bowazon + Zeal Pally + The Necrobutcher + Summon Druid + Fire Sorc + Bone/Poison Necro + Frost Sorc + Lightning Sorc = Utter devastation.

6. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well, i got bored around level 80ish, so i started looking for mods.
    Found median 2008, OMFG ! ! !
    Disciple 2 words for you UNHOLY PALADIN. For that need to have a paladin intouch with his evil side.
    All new skills for all characters including uber skills, MUCH smarter monsters, larger stash & inventory screens.
    They are apparently making a median 2009(or xl not sure if they are the same thing) but median 2008 V1.57 works with D2 exp v1.12
    The new necromancer is nasty, summon shadows, darklings, rampagors, lamias & void archons, create totems out of corpses that give your creatures bonuses or hurt the enemies.

I've only played it for about an hour but it has made D2 a completely new game:)

Editted about 45 mins later:
    Well it gives you a lot higher percentage of drops HOWEVER it also has some nasty traps in some of the chests

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  7. Disciple of The Watch

Hmm... an evil Paladin, a revamped Necro... you got my attention, Marty.

8. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well, right now i can't get any skills to go past level 2 but i have posted a question at the mod home & am hoping for an answer. having a blast just trying out the new skills:)

:doh: Always read the Readme file. the skills don't increase on a 1/skill level basis. What i mean is that you get 1 skill pt. / level but you can't put all of your points straight into 1 level I.E. a level 3 paladin can't have 3levels in searing orb. It is a sliding scale so that it is pretty cool.
    Back to the game. Oh wait forgot to mention the running flaming elemental that is the first a druid can summon & uses the sorceress flame walk straight zig-zag at your enemies. All of the classes have been redone so you even can have a melee sorceror & the paladins make VERY strong casters with the right skills.

----new edit----
    Well after playing for about a day, i can only say wow. This is a very fun & neat mod.
    1)They have completely redone the character concepts, changing up the weapons,arnor & equipment available to each class. Examples include Druid-only bows, Necromancer-only crossbows, sorceroress-only Armor, Amazon-only headgear & more.
    2) Each character has 25 new regular skills, 3 uber skills(you only get to choose 1), 1 level skill available after L30 & 1 attribute skill available after L90.
    3) Characters can now reach up to level 120.
    4)Totally redone the crafting rules & included 370 runewords, 100 jewelwords & 28 magic sets(all sets are now high-level)
    5) Increased the difficulty of all 3 levels significantly.
    6)18 new Uberquests, some of which are in Very unassuming places(the 2nd level of the cave in the stony fields, the 2nd level of 1 of the mausoleums in the graveyard are examples)
    7) Increased drop rates that are pretty much needed because of the increased level of creatures.
    8)Reworked the hirelings so that they are really nice & distinctive(as an example, the 1st act now has 2, ranger & priestess. they look the same but have different skills & play differently)

This must have taken, geez i can't even estimate how much effort has went into this. Also they are coming out with a new edition "Median XL" or "Median 2009".

IMHO, this is a must play mod for Diablo 2 LOD. Hope this helps others give it a try.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  9. Disciple of The Watch

Yeah, I noticed how much Median cranked up the difficulty - I started a new Necro and it almost got killed by four skeletons outside the Rogues' camp... I was also surprised how ridiculously fast my new Necro leveled up.

This is definitively a good refreshing change from tired old LoD. Interesting skills, loot, challenges... two :thumb:

10. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

When we get High Speed, I'll have to look for that one--unless the file is small enough I can reasonable expect to get it on Dial up...

11. Disciple of The Watch

Downloaded it yesterday, it's ~33MB, so I suppose you could get it on dial-up... just don't be in a hurry.

12. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I'll try it, and hope that GetRight will help in that regard.

If not, I'll have to try again when we get High speed...

13. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

mod appears cool!

havent played yet, still psychet about my greif pb! that is insane, cut's though everything like butter

thx DoTW!

14. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    I like playing on battlenet, so no mod for me!

15. Disciple of The Watch

Glad to hear you're enjoying your new shiny, Balle.

Work's been keeping me too busy to play LoD, so zero progress for the Necrobutcher. Hopefully I can catch up this weekend... the Necrobutcher is level 86 now, and leveling has slowed down massively. Oh well. *shrugs*

16. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Just got Patriarch status with my conc barb last night. I have a ton of 'zon equipment lying around (including Buriza, near-perfect Skins of the Vampermagi, and the helm Valykrie Wing which I think gives +2 to all zon skills) so that may be my next character.

Although I also found a sweet rare knout, and I have the runes for doom, so I'm considering making a paladin with both holy freeze and holy shock active - that would be fun.

17. Disciple of The Watch

The Necrobutcher is now level 90! I am one piece away from completing Naj's Set, which could be useful, as I've been considering a possible Frost Sorc as next run. Or maybe a Druid, or Spearazon. Assassin just doesen't interest me.

18. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Same with me - I know I've spent less time playing an Assassin than any other class. Through the years, I've had the most success with Barbarians and Paladins (reaching Patriarch status with both). I've had Amazon, Druids, and Sorceresses certainly well into hell difficulty. I've even played Necromancers, although I concede never to the extent that you have. But the few attempts I've made with assassins just don't do anything for me. I don't think I've ever completed normal difficulty with an assassin.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Well, to be perfectly honest, I was kind of jaded about D2, but I must confess I had a blast with my last Necro run. I've been wiser with my skills this time, and it definitively paid off - I'm almost in Hell Act IV, and I'm not having that much trouble dealing with monsters, even with /players 8.

It's not impossible I might start another Necro, this time focusing on Bone/Poison skills, not sure yet. I'm intrigued by a Sorc, but I've never played one, so it's basically a whole new experience. I've played a Spearazon before, but when I started getting my ass kicked in the Monastary (at /players 6, no less), I ditched it.

20. hannibal555 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Media:
    Anyone here who plays on Hardcore mode?

I have a Druid in the top 30 ladder on bnet (europe).
    though I don't play this much anymore I do so in small fragments from time to time.
    If anyone needs help in bnet just feel free to contact me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.