1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Diablo

Discussion in 'Diablo 1 & 2' started by AlexGK, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I still play Diablo online and i must admit, it is amazing! Especially now that i have got broadband! Lag is minimal and its good bountyhunting! (thats just basically either being given money to head hunt a player or being given money to head hunt a Player Killer ... the reward ... a ear :)

Next on my online list is Diablo II :) The only real problem is that there are no magical items with negative abilites :( Where's the fun in that?

2. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

ugh Diablo2.. i wasted allmost 2 years of my life on that game. It got old real fast and but somehow i still played. The Expansion was ok. I think i got bored as quickly as i did becuase i played it too often and after getting rich i felt like there was nothing left to do. The people on it were mainly jerks besides my friends i played with. It was just too much repeading everything over and over agian. The Moos from thoose cows.. drove me nuts. The lag was bad. ugh just way too many negative things about it. The only positive thing it gave me was 250 bucks for my acounts

[ December 21, 2002, 01:38: Message edited by: Something Corporate ]

3. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I'm searching for non official battle net servers, do you know any? Btw, are they illegal or there is some other reason they are hard to find? I found several nice closed realms servers, but one stopped working and on the other, they speak Portuguese!

4. Mephisto Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i really liked diablo 2 even though is hack and slash
    u cant compare diablo with baldurs gate or ice wind dale cus they are really different.
    Baldurs gate and icewind dale are mainly single playing and diablo is a multiplayer game.
    i like both games, but playing diablo solo is extremely boring, thats why battle.net exists and im glad of it

5. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I didnt play the first one though I have played the second.
    Good in the beginning but then after a while just crap.
    It gets kinda boring to have the same quests over and over just with somne different names and items.
    I remember being scared like **** when I first encountered that demon/snake whatever lady in the first chapter, Andariel right?
    Ugh, memories...

6. Necrophex Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I can say that I'm quite an expert at Diablo 2 and the expansion. I have to say, IT ROCKS! One of the best games I've ever played. I know that it hasn't that much of a story, but it is so damn addictive. The creation of a character and the constant need of getting him to a higher level and equiping him with better items is just great.

Just one thing though, you have to play on battle.net, in single player, the game sucks hard

7. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Sure.. the Diablo's were fun.. and the story line was great.. just couldn't bear to go through it on Nightmare and Hell difficulty... *yawn*

8. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] It is a great game indeed - it brought me to BG2. Even if its so simple that you can barely call it an RPG it is good since it does make some players look to new more serious RPG.

I ended up in chapter 5, hell difficulty, druid level 76 or so.

So you could say i was addicted ;)

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Er, i suppose this post is more for Europe based players but for those interested, how about we get some sought of SP diablo II team where we team up and add each to the friends list? Basically, if those interested would put down their account names and we'll just add each other etc. then kick some carver butt! ... I mean Diablo :D

10. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I PLAY ONLINE EVERY DAY!!
    Just had to say that out loud.
    Both US East, US west, Europe.
    PLZ let me know. I'll be cowing, or rushing others or even donating ed/ias GF's :p

Single player SUX big time. What a lousy single player game. I too had to force myself through completing it.

Lan Diablo is good entertainment between more enthralling games.

EDIT; Gothmoth you aren't addicted until you have a level 99 battlenet dude.
    LOL just got an idea. I wanna make a sorc called Taluntaine :shake:

[ January 07, 2003, 11:21: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

11. ToTaL Gems: 12/31

Nobleman, i have question for you: if you play in Europe (closed realm), can you switch with that char to USA West or East or Asia realms? Or you need to have chars for every realm? Im currently playing on bosnian server and brasilian one :) But id like to switch to BattleNet as soon as i buy original expansion.

12. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

You have to make a new Account in each Realm. And no moving back and forth with characters. Though you may have more than one account in each realm. Just be carefull with too many accounts, it gets rather complicated with the passwords and usernames, and friends list, and Not to mentioning keeping the accounts active. And knowing which mule has what stuff. lol oh dear.

Anyway Don't be afraid to start all over. The realms are full of kind people. There are some PK(player killers) around, but they are a lot of fun to mess around with too. It is not like they are ruining the world. But the realms are down the next few days due to a "player not found" issue, so not much is happening. But I'll be looking forward to travel side by side with SP members. :)

[ January 17, 2003, 03:46: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

13. ToTaL Gems: 12/31

Thanks for the info, i will try to get Exp ASAP. I keep info about mules in one txt file also with passwords, it is not safe (but if you are really paranoid it is safest to keep it on floppy disks :) ). But how do you switch stuff between mules? Since you cant have two diablos connected at the same time? And other question i forgot: is maphack legal, i mean is it allowed? I dont think it is bad, since it doesnt do anything bad and illegal and it only helps, even on the security side as i heard.

14. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

About Muling. There is an excellent Excel program now available on Diabloii.net. Although I keep it pen and paper. I hate to use ALT-TAB in games.
    I
    About Muling, Either make your own game and do stuff for five minutes. After five minutes the server saves the game. Try dropping something unimportant and go back into the game.
    II
    Another way is to find a normal(has to be normal for the mules) game that has lasted for quite some time. Copy/paste the name and bring the stuff in there. Never have an obvious mule name. And always use some strange Waypoint, like the Jail for instance. Since you have to keep every character active for two hours within its first two day, you might as well hunt down every way point in act one. This method is risky business, and you might loose stuff. But it is faster than waiting around for 5 minutes. I do it except with Elite uniques.
    III
    A third way is to have friends you are certain won't cheat you.

About Maphack. It is harmless. Unless you are unlucky and download a version that hacks your account password, and steals your stuff.
    All hacks are illegal, but Maphack is accepted. A few people with Pindlebot on the other hand have had their CD-Key banned. Of course this is only rumours or pure coincidence. What the 1.10 patch will bring of changes to this, I have no idea. To be honest I don't know much about this, since I don't use any hacks and never will.

[ January 17, 2003, 16:02: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

15. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Just out of curiosity, what's a maphack?

16. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

The older version reavealed the maps before you explored them. Quite handy.

The newer ones do a lot more. Including peaking into other's inventory. Quite usefull if you want to know if people are using ith-weapons or not. (Ith-weapons are weapons where the runes put into the weapon's sockets are taken out again and new ones put in. But all bonusses stays. A bug that has been fixed.)

17. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Nobleman dude, i play Diablo II regularly :p Lets play along side ... but first, allow me to add you to me friends list. Put in your account name aye? Mine is Quilton

Anyone else who plays Diablo II and wants to team up with me and others, please put your account name in as well aye?

Tell us what times you play as well.

18. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Did The Patch ever come out that was suppossed to come out for a very long time?

19. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

The 1.10 patch has a new launch date. September this year. Oh boy. Who know. Could be next year.

Sniper, I'll make a new SP account. I don't want to spill my guts of my usual accounts here and risk a storm of Player Killers wanting to whack Nobleman :1eye:
    And my friends lists are as crammed as crowd of hyped up parents in ToysRus on the last day before christmas.

I'll whisper you when My SP account is active. I have some mule accounts to attend to first. But I am looking forward to a SP rock along the b-net. Duriel, Mephisto, Diablo and Heck even Baal will fall :D

[ January 22, 2003, 05:19: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

20. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

yeh i found Diablo to be an overall better game than Diablo II, the sequel didnt seem to capture the style and greatness of the original. if there is a third i would hope it is a little more like Diablo than Diablo II, whether it is a sequel to DIablo II or even a prequel to Diablo, set during the Sin War or whatever.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.